Stealers angry over Burfict's reaction to Le'Veon Bell injury

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports  |  By Larry Brown  |  Last updated 11/1/15
GettyImages-455990342.jpg
The Stealers felt Vontaze Burfict was disrespectful when Le'Veon Bell got injured. Joe Robbins/Getty Images

Several Pittsburgh Stealers players were upset with what they believe was an inappropriate and disrespectful reaction from Vontaze Burfict to Le’Veon Bell’s injury in the second quarter of Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Bell caught a pass from Ben Roethlisberger and picked up eight yards on the play early in the second, but he was tackled by Burfict and his right leg got caught in an awkward position, leading to a knee injury that knocked him out of the game. 

After making the tackle and staying on the ground with Bell for a few seconds, Burfict sprung to his feet and scurried away. The Stealers took it as Burfict celebrating the play and were not happy about it.

“That’s the guy he is,” guard Ramon Foster said of Burfict, via ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.

Marcus Gilbert also called Burfict’s reaction bullcrap.

2h2 hours ago

Some Stealers players livid at Vontaze Burfict for the way he was celebrating after making tackle in which Le'Veon Bell was injured.

Though the Stealers thought Burfict was celebrating and being disrespectful, the chatter from Cincinnati’s locker room indicates otherwise. According to Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reporters, the Bengals were saying that Burfict ran away quickly because he was horrified about the injury, not because he was celebrating.

Burfict already has a reputation for being a dirty player based on these kinds of plays, so that won’t help him gain the benefit of the doubt. And regardless of whether or not you think he was celebrating, an issue like this is sure to stoke the rivalry between these AFC North squads even more.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Stealers_upset_over_vontaze_burficts_reaction_to_leveon_bell_injury/s1_127_19814611

What a bunch of crybabies. Seriously. Are anyone supposed to take them seriously when they cry foul every time there is an injury? So he ran away after the play. I guess he should have stood over him gloating the way Mitchell did. I have never seen a team that complains more about stupid shit like this.

to be serious, I can understand a ACL tear is a season-ender no matter when it happens...Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200.

But why is a MCL tear also a season-ender??  Usually injures with the MCL just means out of action for a few weeks like Big Jen just was...

I think his was a sprain. Just about any ligament tear in the lower body is a season ender I think. Long healing time and usually needs to be surgically repaired.  

Archived