Cool Dalton Stat

The Bengals win over the Stealers brought Andy Dalton's career record to 47-23-1.  That's a winning percentage of .669.

The loss drops Ben Roethlisberger to 108-54, a winning percentage of .666.

Flacco is 74-46 (.617).

And the Browns don't even count.

So as It stands, Dalton has the highest winning percentage in the division.

In the entire league, the only active quarterbacks with higher winning percentages than Dalton are...

Tom Brady .780

Russell Wilson .714

Peyton Manning .707

Aaron Rodgers .691

Dalton has an outside chance of passing Wilson before the end of the season.  If you look at historical numbers there just aren't very many quarterbacks who have won two-thirds of their games.

Really wouldn't have thought that could be... But I guess my surprise really goes to show how much the postseason and prime time games (not to jump on a dead horse) really goes into judging a QB.

gotta get to/keep on racking up those big wins

Disclaimer:  Andy Dalton is having a beyond fine regular season and has had a fine regular season career thus far, however, Herein lies the problem when talking Dalton at this point with "the others."

Ben Roethlisberger

Playoff record: 10-5
Home playoff record: 5-3
Road playoff record: 3-1
Non-wild card playoff record: 9-2
30-30-30 seasons: 0
Playoff points per game average: 25.87
Super Bowl starts: 3
Super Bowl rings: 2

Russell Wilson

Playoff record: 6-2
Home playoff record: 4-0
Road playoff record: 1-1
Non-wild card playoff record: 5-2
Playoff points per game average: 28.00
Super Bowl starts: 2
Super Bowl rings: 1

Peyton Manning

Playoff record: 11-13
Home playoff record: 8-6
Road playoff record: 2-5
Non-wild card playoff record: 8-9
Playoff points per game average: 22.13
Super Bowl starts: 3

Tom Brady

Playoff record: 21-8
Home playoff record: 14-3
Road playoff record: 3-3
Non-wild card playoff record: 19-7
Playoff points per game average: 26.24
Super Bowl starts: 6
Super Bowl rings: 4

Andrew Luck

Playoff record: 3-3
Home playoff record: 2-0
Road playoff record: 1-3
Non-wild card playoff record: 1-2
Playoff points per game average: 22.17
Super Bowl starts: 0
Super Bowl rings: 0

Aaron Rodgers

Playoff record: 6-5
Home playoff record: 2-2
Road playoff record: 3-3
Non-wild card playoff record: 4-3
Playoff points per game average: 28.09
Super Bowl starts: 1

Andy Dalton

Playoff record: 0-4
Home playoff record: 0-1
Road playoff record: 0-3
Non-wild card playoff record: 0-0
Playoff points per game average: 10.75
Super Bowl starts: 0
Super Bowl rings: 0

Again, he is having a fine regular season this year and thus far, has won many regular season games, but lets not act like we dont understand. 

My intent was to demonstrate something that most people wouldn't realize - because I certainly didn't.

Your intent seems to have been to bang home a point that every single one of us is keenly aware of.  Well done, but why did you leave out the 3-7 prime time record?

Really wouldn't have thought that could be... But I guess my surprise really goes to show how much the postseason and prime time games (not to jump on a dead horse) really goes into judging a QB.

gotta get to/keep on racking up those big wins

Overall this franchise has done a lot of winning in the regular season.   They now sit at 47 wins in the past 5 seasons.    Above averaging 9 a year with the second half of 2015 still to go.

The current group of Bengals have been robbed of respect due to the history of the franchise, prime time, and playoff failures.  

If it doesn't change you'll see an unfortunate repeat of what many 70s/80s Bengals have gone through as they will be overlooked historically.    However, if they can change this story completely flips.

3 primetime games in a row.   It's not an understatement to state legacies for a number of players/coaches could start to drastically change.

My intent was to demonstrate something that most people wouldn't realize - because I certainly didn't.

Your intent seems to have been to bang home a point that every single one of us is keenly aware of.  Well done, but why did you leave out the 3-7 prime time record?

I understand clearly what you were doing. Just to clarify further, my response was based more on the following nonsensical comment...........How dare you imply that Dalton is elite!  That is not allowed here! 

Also, we are aware of his regular season accolades.  That's what makes it even more frustrating when we see some of the stank we have witness in the playoffs.  

Disclaimer:  Andy Dalton has been a very good regular season quarterback and seems to be having an even better regular season, on a personal level, than any year he has been in the league.  I am recognizing that.  

When they win, the team gets credit. When they lose, Dalton gets the blame.  That's been the way for several years with Bengals fans for some reason.

oh no, its not just fans.  Its the way it is for everybody and every player.  Step up, make some plays like he did sunday, big time opponents(and in the playoffs) that stigma will erase.  The reason Dalton carries the stigma around with him and many fail to acknowledge his regular season accolades is because he hasnt done anything memorable to this point in his career.  Win in the playoffs and people will start giving a fuck.  That is a fact.  

Disclaimer:  I recognize that Dalton is having a fine regular season.  I also recognize that Dalton has won many regular season games since entering this league.  

• 1 month later...

With 29 yards today, Andy Dalton becomes the second quarterback in NFL history to throw for 3000 yards in each of his first five seasons.

The only other player to do it is Peyton Manning, who did it in each of his first THIRTEEN seasons.

AJ Green also only wr in history other than R Moss to go over 1,000 yards each of 1st 5 seasons. 

Statistically Cincy looking pretty good as well. Top 10 in all major offensive and defensive categories besides passing offense which is a respectable 12th and passing defense a respectable 13th especially when you factor they've have been winning a lot so their pass numbers on offense you would expect to be down and defensive passing you would expect to be up.

Offensive points per game: 27.8 (4th)

Offensive yards per game: (total) 376.2 (8th)

Offensive passing yards per game: 257.9 (12th)

Offensive rushing yards per game: 118.3 (9th)

Defensive points allowed per game: 16.3 (1st)

Defensive yards against per game:(total)

337.5 (10th)

Defensive passing yards against per game: 

240.3 (13th)

Defensive rush yards against per game:

97.2 (9th)

Then there's my personal favorites

Wins:10 (Tied for 2nd 1st in AFC)

Losses: 2 (Tied for 2nd 1st in AFC)

Total Bengal TDs: 40

Total Opponent TDs: 21

Neither stance on Dalton is really worth discussing any more. He was given a contract that paid him well but was easy to get out of for a reason. I am not saying don't bring up stats about Dalton on either side. I think they are cool and fun to discuss. But I think that previous conversations were really rooted in "we need to keep this guy" or "we need to boot this guy". There isn't a reasonable thing this guy could do that could keep him from being a Bengal at least next year and he has probably given himself at least 2 years of rope based on this one great season. He has played so well it wouldn't matter if he is terrible in the playoffs again. He has earned the right to take the risk.  

Unfortunately Dalton will be overlooked in the MVP voting by the AP.      Cam with the undefeated Panthers is probably the favorite and the injuries to Brady's supporting cast will be the excuse for him.

Just the same the Bengal defenders probably get overlooked in the DPOY as well. 

May seem like an afterthought but since the HOF is based on media votes it's important for players to be seriously considered for these media drive awards.

Hopefully the Bengals won't get the shaft in All-Pro voting this year.  Should have multiple Bengals on the first and second teams.

Archived