Proposal would allow DC 16-year-olds to vote for president in 2016

Go Skins

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/44236066-story

WASHINGTON - When Americans go to the polls to vote in 2016, there's a chance that 16-year-olds in Washington, D.C. could also be casting their ballots. On Tuesday, three D.C. City Council members proposed lowering the federal voting age in D.C. from 18 to 16.

Ward 6 Council member Charles Allan is the chief author behind the Youth Vote Amendment Act of 2015. He said Tuesday that there's nothing in the 26th Amendment that forbids younger Americans from voting, and that the Constitution only ensures that those 18 or older have the right to vote. 

Mike, I know you get this stuff from people that are loony tunes and you post it for your own entertainment and for feedback so you can rebut them, but stuff like this that has zero chance of happening should really be ignored dude. The people you get this stuff from are stupid.

Mike, I know you get this stuff from people that are loony tunes and you post it for your own entertainment and for feedback so you can rebut them, but stuff like this that has zero chance of happening should really be ignored dude. The people you get this stuff from are stupid.

It is whatever I see on Twitter, I follow all the news sites (in the DC area).

Someone you and I both know would move out of the US if this ever happened where they are (they are not in DC). 

Ah thought you were still getting some of this nonsense from that dude that came unhinged.

Nope, hell, it made Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/16-year-olds-in-dc-could-vote-for-president-in-2016-under-proposal/2015/11/03/3175fede-825d-11e5-8ba6-cec48b74b2a7_story.html

Good joke though!

Archived