The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Browns game 1

Get going Jeremy Hill. Man hes so hesitant this year. Was a play in the 4th I thought he was about to have a huge gain. Was a run to the right with Whitworth leading the play. Hill instead of just running quick hesitated just a second and allowed the Browns d to pursue and make the stop for 3 yards. Other than that was a pretty solid win. Any divisional win is a great win.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Good: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe no injuries?  Don't remember anyone leaving the game for more than a snap or two.  Always my #1 concern for these TNF games.  Player safety, my ass.  On the plus side, it's practically another bye week with 11 days before the next game. Hopefully it gets Smith & Rey #1 back on the field.

edit - sounds as if; from Marvin's post-game:

The guys who weren’t able to play tonight will be ready to go when we come back, which is good. We were able to survive tonight pretty well, so we’ll be back at full strength, and that’s a good thing in case you were wondering you drooling imbecile

Obviously the Browns are not the most challenging opponent but that was a very matter-of-fact, workman-like sort of win.  Shows a level of maturity the team hasn't displayed in previous seasons.  Set 'em up & knock 'em down.  Good stuff.

What's your scoring system? He only got me 23.

My guess is DraftKings,  since there, each reception is worth a point regardless of the yardage.  Based on that Tyler should have roughly 28.3 points:

5 receptions ==  5 fpts

53 recieving yards ==  5.3 fpts (.1 for every rec. yard;  10 rec. yds = 1 fpts

3 recieving TDs  == 18 fpts.

Seems like your league doesn't count actual receptions as points...

The fumbling and ball security has clearly gotten into Hill's head.    He has space to run North and South and starts making these false cuts for no need.    I think he's worried about defenders coming up from behind and swiping at the ball.

Good--

It had the feel of bad old days when the Bengals would be fighting tooth an nail against the playoff Baltimore and Pitt teams.   We would keep it close, but they would just keep out working us and pull away .  Like someone else stated,  just workman like.  Not flashy so much, just a lot of shoveling.

Domata making a sincere apology to Joe Thomas for a questionable hit in a pile up....and Joe's gracious acceptance.   REal professionals there.   With all the stupid ass trash talking, it's great to see some good old fashioned good sportsmanship.

Second Half adjustment on both sides of the ball and a difference making TE.  Finally, 2015 has been giving us two of the things that we have been clamoring  for years--or decades.

8-0 and I don't think we have seen the best yet....

Marvin Lewis teams have a history of playing better in the 2nd half......halftime adjustments..... that people say Marvin is incapable of making.  Obviously that narrative is inaccurate.  So Marvin should be mentioned in the "Good".  I mean, his team is 8-0.  Maybe he should get a little credit in all this?!

Another "Good".... Hue Jackson getting his reward after repeatedly setting up plays for later in the game.  The TDs by Sanu and Eifert (fake slant n go TD) were direct results of showing the same look, same play design and execution at least 3 times previously.  He set Cleveland up masterfully.  Thursday night games don't allow for very creative or open playcalling....more vanilla....but Hue made his mark.  Nice to see.  He's a really good coach and coordinator.  I worry he will be gone next year which will hurt the offense...to what extent will be determined by who the next coordinator will be. 

Archived