Any experience in Live Webcasting? Youtube, etc?

GoBengals

I am looking for a "for dummies" way of livestreaming for about 20-30 minutes a week, i am doing so from my macbook pro, which should be PLENTY capable, currently i use a website that uses a falsh encoder and live streams for free, however i need to stream sunday evenings, which is a popular time on the site, and i get a bunch of lag and skipping live. the COOL part is they archive a good copy, that i can toss on youtube after the fact that is solid. But I want to be 100% clear solid live..

I am willing to spend a little, $20-30/mo I have a Logitech 1080P webcam, i know its a mediocre device, i have a Snowball Mic which works well. 

I am open to suggestions on a better streaming camera.

and looking for a site or other solution that what I am using.

I need to be able to give a link prefer a link that stays the same, like streamingsite.com/ryansvideos and every week at X time they can tune in and see live.

You can setup live streaming events on youtube, but it requires you to launch an encoder and a few others things i am so lost with i dont feel comfortable enough to use... the timeline is important and people are expecting it to work.. cant me too much amateur hour issues going on.

any advice is welcomed!

Thanks!

Webex?  Seems like they have a free demo (the premium plan is 24.99 a month http://www.webex.com/pricing/).  The University is rolling it out here and it seems to work well (please note I have used it twice).  I do think there is a plugin or something that has to be used.

That said, I'm not sure if it would fit your needs or not.  

Youtube has the option to stream live. Not sure if you've looked into that.

This is where i fall short on the technical side, they require you use a 3rd party encoding producer software, which is ok, but im a newb, so i stumbled my way through it, however i need to be 1000% perfect on this, the streams cant be janky or me messing it up, so this MAY be the route i go.. but i need lots of practice and understanding.

Webex?  Seems like they have a free demo (the premium plan is 24.99 a month http://www.webex.com/pricing/).  The University is rolling it out here and it seems to work well (please note I have used it twice).  I do think there is a plugin or something that has to be used.

That said, I'm not sure if it would fit your needs or not.  

just got a chance to check them out. its close, its missing a cataloge of past videos and a channel type atmosphere, i like the youtube feel because it has past videos, layout and design customzied and all that. this would be great if it were strict vusiness, but what i am doing is a fun/sports related broadcast more than a meeting, looks like a solid product, just to business side for my needs.

bambuser.com might be my route.. going to try it out..

Archived