New "Stones" Song takes Aim at Bush Policies

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/11/rolling.stones.ap/story.jagger.ap.jpg[/img]
[u]Rolling Stones tune takes aim at Bush policies
Jagger: Song not attack on Bush
August 11, 2005
CNN
[/u]

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Rolling Stones' upcoming album contains a song seemingly critical of President Bush, but Mick Jagger denies it's directed at him, according to the syndicated TV show "Extra."

"It is not really aimed at anyone," Jagger said on the entertainment-news show's Wednesday edition. "It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was."

The song is from the new album, "A Bigger Bang," set for release September 6.

There is no mention of Bush or Iraq. But it does refer to military contractor Halliburton, which was formerly run by Vice President Cheney and has been awarded key Iraq contracts, and the rising price of gasoline.

"How come you're so wrong? My sweet neo-con, where's the money gone, in the Pentagon," goes one refrain.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

"It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical," Jagger told "Extra."

A representative for the Stones said the group had no further comment about the song.

The Rolling Stones intend to kick off a U.S. tour in Boston August 21.

Guest BlackJesus

[i]"How come you're so wrong? My sweet neo-con, where's the money gone, in the Pentagon,"

"It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."
[/i]

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Guest bengalrick

i guess record sales weren't too good for the rolling stones lately... this will definately spice it up <_<

didn't they always say they wouldnt' get into politics? also, didn't they say that this isn't about bush or iraq?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

I haven't been able to chime in to much (been working pretty busily) but The Stones (who I personally don't feel to strong about, one way or the other), sold out arenas all over the U.S. and tickets down here were $400 a piece for lower bowl. Don't think they are too worried about cash.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 11 2005, 01:17 PM']i guess record sales weren't too good for the rolling stones lately... this will definately spice it up <_<

didn't they always say they wouldnt' get into politics? also, didn't they say that this isn't about bush or iraq?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]
[right][post="128779"][/post][/right][/quote]
I agree.

i saw the stones at OSU stadium a few years back, and they did not suck.

i heard that the song [u]did[/u] mention Bush's name and labeled him as a hypocrite, in regards to his christain claims vs actions. (which i totally agree with).

i dont know where i heard it, but im absolutely sure of this.

Guest bengaljet

[quote name='kitkat' date='Aug 12 2005, 12:26 AM']i saw the stones at OSU stadium a few years back, and they did not suck.

i heard that the song [u]did[/u] mention Bush's name and labeled him as a hypocrite, in regards to his christain claims vs actions. (which i totally agree with).

i dont know where i heard it, but im absolutely sure of this.
[right][post="129219"][/post][/right][/quote]
I saw it on the news last nite. I think part of the song says"You say ,you're a Christian"
" I say you're a hypocrit." :whistle:

Guest BlackJesus

[img]http://www.thinkingapeblues.com/images/mark_art/bush_jesus.jpg[/img]

[i][quote]"You say, you're a Christian .... I say you are a hypocrite, you say you are a patriot, I say you are full of shit."[/quote][/i]

:rockon: :headbang: :dance: :headbang: :rockon:

Archived