The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Texans

Think the blame can be thrown all around. It was obvious the game plan was predicated on running the football and 3 step drops to keep the pass rush from getting home. It worked early but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with the penalties. They should not be having false starts at home. It is unacceptable and shows how worried they were about bitch boy on the other side.  After throwing all the short stuff, Crennel adjusted and brought the defense closer to the line. We tried to adjust but our "playmakers" played like shit and couldn't get open. Andy clearly didn't feel comfortable in the pocket either.  I really think they were just scared shitless of Watt and it ruined the game plan.

Jeremy has 0 lateral quickness. He is too heavy. He needs to do what L.Bell did and drop down to about 225 because he always wants to go east-west before he goes upfield. Gio out snapped him 50-22 but it probably should be larger than that. I don't like that we can't run the ball this late into the season.

Eric Winston sucks. We need Andre back and need to hope one of the young guys are ready to step up next season.

Tylers drop pretty much killed us. One was a killer third down drop in the red zone that made us kick a field goal. Another on second and long that forced us into third and long.

This team should not have lost to TJ Yates/Brian Hoyer. It looked so undisciplined. Going to be interesting to see how they bounce back next week because the team on the other side is much more complete.

GOOD
Gio Bernard-Bernard should be in for 75% of the offensive snaps. He's running better than Hill (by a LONG shot) and is a much larger threat out of the backfield
Mike Nugent-Did his job. Put the only points on the board
Record-8-1 and in first place
Secondary-Specifically Dre Kirkpatrick-Not a fan of his at all but, he played well last night. Iloka had a good one too.
Defense-You only give up 10 points, 3.3 YPC, and have 5 tackles for a loss and 3 sacks...you should win

BAD
Andy Dalton-Had an off night. Not terrible, just off. he's still making way better decisions than past years and is taking better care of the ball
Jeremy Hill-I have no clue whats happened to him but I am tired of watching him dance around for 9 weeks. Guy needs to sit down.
Lack Of Holding Calls-Multiple times the Bengals defensive line was out right tackled on plays on no calls. Really poor.
3rd Down Efficiency-4/14. Not going to win many games like that.

UGLY
Tyler Eifert-That was an abysmal performance. 3 drops and  terrible blocking. Guy stunk last night.
AJ Green-You wanna be the big money man, you can't fumble in the dying seconds. What was worse was him not trying to secure the ball afterwards.
Kevin Huber-SUCKED last night. The Bengals got thumped in the field position game thanks to it. 

Eifert played like shit. Our so called stellar offense was MIA. Jeremy Hill I'm fucking done with. Put in Terrel Watson or Wilder cause Hill hasn't done fucking shit all season. I don't blame Andy at all, his WR couldn't catch a fucking pass. I hope this wakes them up for the Arizona game or we will be 8-2.

Horrible night for the offense.     Seems like Hue tried to get too cute at times.     Trying to work in all these parts etc and somehow it seemed AJ Green was forgotten about until the end.    When you are struggling like that on offense you need to force the issue to a playmaker earlier in the second half.

As annoying as the First Down chain saws can be,  you sure do miss them when the offenses stalls that badly in the second half.   Just no excuse with all they have on offense to not generate first downs.    That lost them the game because Houston dominated the field position and with the help of a roughing the passer call and sensational WR play they crack 1 TD to win. 

Just a poor effort by the offense.  Drops. Inaccuracy, Penalties, bad play calls etc. 

Inexcusable for Hue Jackson to continually allow Winston to go 1 on 1 with Watt.  Shouldn't happen after the first 2 or even 5 times he went straight through Winston.  Yet, no chips, no double team of Watt.....he was allowed to go to work 1 on 1 against an old, immobile, 2nd string tackle.  Results speak for themselves.  

Eifert really hurt this team last night.  Shades of Gresham in the playoff game in Houston.  Dalton played a bad game, missed guys, bad throws, not going through progressions when he did have time, played scared and timid which manifested in his body language as well......but Eifert drops were the killer.  Even with the bad game Dalton played, which is going to happen from time to time, his skill players need to pick him up, which they didn't.   They pushed him further down.  

As the weather changes, I worry about Dalton. 

Kevin Huber had his worst game of the year, very un-Huber like performance.  

Carlos Dunlap was MIA.  Geno wasn't himself last night for whatever reason.  Dline barely got pressure on Hoyer/Yates.  MJ had a nice game, but he's the only one from that unit that did.  

The penalties couldn't be overcome last night.  There were simply too many and they came at the worst time.  Dre's hands to the face one was a killer.  Completely unnecessary.  As soon as I recognized Walt Coleman's voice I knew the refs would have to be overcome as well as the Texans.  Texans got away with a few holds, Bengals got away with nothing.  Everything called against them that could have been called.  

First game of the year where the coaches didn't make the proper adjustments at half.  Guenther got too cute with his blitzes at times and allowed long 3rd down conversions to Yates.   Players late getting to their assignments due to the false alignment to confuse the offense before snap.  Hue should apologize to the team after his playcalling and plan in general last night.  

Good game by Gio, who should get 80% of the snaps.  Hill is disappointing terribly right now.  Gio plays with an attitude, a chip on his shoulder.  Hill, not so much.  Offense looks much more fluid, faster with Gio in. Good game by Dre, the defense in general aside from the Dline's lack of consistent pressure.  Glad Burfict is starting to look like himself as he gets his legs under him.  

8-1 and #2 seed currently is nice, but can't loose to teams you should beat, especially at home.  Not when you're chasing a Patriot team that isn't going to lose more than 1 or 2 games if that.

On to Arizona.... 

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly have already been covered in this thread but seriously what the fuck has happened to Jeremy Hill??! He went from stud to dud in a hurry. He no longer runs with a full head of steam and rarely "runs down hill". He's got late-in-his-career Rudi Johnson feet right now.  Last year he was was putting his head down and plowing bitches and we were quickly forgetting who Gio Bernard even was.  Ay yi yi,....

Hello.  I'm the 2015 Cincinnati Bengals.

And I'm the Retro Not Ready for Prime Time Bengals.

I have a one-two punch running back combination that is one of the best in the NFL.  AND a young tight end bound for the Hall of Fame along with the best wide receiver in the league.  Two of our defensive linemen have been called "unstoppable" and our wild man linebacker is playing lights out since returning from IR and the dead.  Tom Brady asked our quarterback to father his next child because he wanted a Woody Woodpecker look alike with better qb genes than he has to offer and his wife was all for it.  We play tight, penalty free football and highlight reel catches are the norm.  Our punter is headed for the Hall of Fame and our team to the Super Bowl.  Our offensive coordinator and coordinator are so in tune that they can finish each other's sentences.  Our head coach is Marvin Lewis.

And I have a defensive tackle built like a bowling pin who braids the hair in his arm pits and makes an ass out of himself when he rubs his beer belly in celebration after somehow making his first play in two months.  At least.  We like playing on the road so much that we make sure to be someone else's bitch if we make the playoffs showing, once again, that we are the Not Ready for Prime Time Bengals.  Our game highlights are monkeys tied to crazed sheepdogs chasing sheep around the field at halftime and JJ Twatt's biological father making drunken political rants over the stadium PA that no one understands.  Our offensive coordinator and quarterback can finish each other's sentences: "What that ... fuck is going on out there?"  Our head coach is Marvin Lewis.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly have already been covered in this thread but seriously what the fuck has happened to Jeremy Hill??! He went from stud to dud in a hurry. He no longer runs with a full head of steam and rarely "runs down hill". He's got late-in-his-career Rudi Johnson feet right now.  Last year he was was putting his head down and plowing bitches and we were quickly forgetting who Gio Bernard even was.  Ay yi yi,....

He's more concerned about fumbling than he is about hitting the holes with a full head of steam.

Hes a great player and seemingly good guy that does things right way, which makes him very marketable.  What the fuck is the problem?

Oh nothing, that was a great game by the Houston JJ Watts!  JJ Watt also played well plus they got some good snaps from JJ Watt.  Not to mention JJ Watt really stepped up against whatever bums he was playing this week, certainly not JJ Watt whoever they were.  Too bad the 8-0 home team didn't have any great players & good guys that do things the right way, they should probably sign a guy like JJ Watt or at least change their names. Unfortunately most people have some semblance of a personality and aren't bland & inoffensive walking billboards.  

Problem?  No problem here!  So inspiring to see him chopping that wood all alone out there, avoiding the spotlight save for a studio team with two semis full of cameras and equipment.  What a motor, amirite?  High football IQ for sure.  A "smart" player.  I wonder how he feels about chicken parm sandwiches?  I bet he likes them almost as much as being a good guy that does things the right way.  Most people do things the wrong way - I don't know what things or what the right way is exactly but the important thing is that other people are not JJ Watt because he is.

Oh nothing, that was a great game by the Houston JJ Watts!  JJ Watt also played well plus they got some good snaps from JJ Watt.  Not to mention JJ Watt really stepped up against whatever bums he was playing this week, certainly not JJ Watt whoever they were.  Too bad the 8-0 home team didn't have any great players & good guys that do things the right way, they should probably sign a guy like JJ Watt or at least change their names. Unfortunately most people have some semblance of a personality and aren't bland & inoffensive walking billboards.  

Problem?  No problem here!  So inspiring to see him chopping that wood all alone out there, avoiding the spotlight save for a studio team with two semis full of cameras and equipment.  What a motor, amirite?  High football IQ for sure.  A "smart" player.  I wonder how he feels about chicken parm sandwiches?  I bet he likes them almost as much as being a good guy that does things the right way.  Most people do things the wrong way - I don't know what things or what the right way is exactly but the important thing is that other people are not JJ Watt because he is.

maybe its his ability to have a grown man(i assume) still whining, i mean crying, i mean talkiing, about him the next day.  wah wah wah.  you dont want cam newton to dance, keep him out of the endzone.  You dont want Jose Bautista to have the most epic bat flip ever, dont serve up a fucking gopher ball in a huge game that allows him to hit it 500 feet.  You dont want JJ Watt to chop wood and be commercialized, dont let him make plays on the football field.  Afterall, that is how he made his brand, amirite?  (god, i can believe i just allowed myself to type amirite).  

as an aside, he's no different than the clown(ochocinco) im sure you cheered on for years.  the difference is, Watt isnt an asshole and destructive to his team.  Fucking jealousy, its incredible.

maybe its his ability to have a grown man(i assume) still whining, i mean crying, i mean talkiing, about him the next day.

:boring:

Relax, buddy.  Nobody is asking you to get rid of your JJ Watt of the Month calendar.  Funny you would mention talking about him the next day - after a game where he was just about the only player mentioned - when you so clearly spend a lot more than a day thinking about him.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

maybe its his ability to have a grown man(i assume) still whining, i mean crying, i mean talkiing, about him the next day.  wah wah wah.  you dont want cam newton to dance, keep him out of the endzone.  You dont want Jose Bautista to have the most epic bat flip ever, dont serve up a fucking gopher ball in a huge game that allows him to hit it 500 feet.  You dont want JJ Watt to chop wood and be commercialized, dont let him make plays on the football field.  Afterall, that is how he made his brand, amirite?  (god, i can believe i just allowed myself to type amirite).  

as an aside, he's no different than the clown(ochocinco) im sure you cheered on for years.  the difference is, Watt isnt an asshole and destructive to his team.  Fucking jealousy, its incredible.

Feel better, Collinsworth?

Pretty much this. Don't want them talking don't give them any reason to.

Pretty much this. Don't want them talking don't give them any reason to.

What reason did we give before the game had even started?  Is it that much to ask that maybe, just once, consider profiling a player with as good if not better stats on the then-undefeated home team?

Carlos Dunlap should chop more wood in the forest, I guess.

Archived