J.J. Watt rankles Andy Dalton with 'Red Ryder BB Gun' postgame swipe

CINCINNATI -- Barely an hour after Monday night's game at Paul Brown Stadium, Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt and Cincinnati Bengalsquarterback Andy Dalton got into a public war of words.

During an on-field interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters following the Texans' 10-6 win over the Bengals, Watt took a shot at Dalton's "Red Rifle" nickname by comparing the passer to a kids' toy gun.

"Our goal was to come out here and make the Red Rifle look like a Red Ryder BB Gun, and I think we did that," Watt said. "He is a great player, and they are a great team, but our coaches put together a great game plan, we executed the game plan, everybody did their job.

"It wasn't pretty. I mean, it was 10-6. That is a great football team over there, but we were able to do some great things on defense to help stop them to only two field goals."

It's unclear how Dalton found out about Watt's words, but he was quite impassioned when asked about them during his news conference several minutes later.

"I'm disappointed in him because of the integrity of this game," Dalton said. "I have a lot of respect for him. He's a really good player. There are a lot of kids and people who look up to him, and for him to make comments like that, he's just showing that's acceptable to say that kind of stuff.

"It's disappointing for one of the best players in this league to come out and say something like that, so that's all I'm going to say about that. He's a good player, but for him to be one of the best in this league and to show that integrity, it shows what he's about, and that's disappointing."

Dalton was 22-for-38 with 197 yards passing in the loss, which ended the Bengals' hopes of an undefeated season and dropped them to 8-1. The game marked the first time since December that Dalton didn't complete a touchdown pass in a game.

Watt was unable to sack Dalton in the teams' previous meeting, but he logged one second-half sack for an 8-yard loss Monday.

"I'm pretty excited," Watt said. "It was an incredible team win."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14151227/jj-watt-rankles-andy-dalton-red-ryder-bb-gun-postgame-swipe

Of course, they are making Andy out to be a whiny bitch for taking offense, but they are always looking for a way to go after him. Players usually don't say that they specifically shut another player down accompanied with a smart ass remark. If Andy would've said that they shut down Watt's chopping wood in his uniform in the middle of nowhere ass, he would be seen as a dick. And if Watt made a similar remark about Brady, people would bitch. 

The best thing Andy can do is not say anything. The media doesn't have his back.

Why is this honky chump talking in the first place, his ass didn't make a play the first 58 minutes of the game. He couldn't even take a shot to his raisin sized balls. 

Fucking chode. 

Because he is now a famous actor/comedian first and the media has to know his every thought. Didn't you see the HBO series, Hard Knocks: Training Camp with JJ Watt?

Of course, they are making Andy out to be a whiny bitch for taking offense, but they are always looking for a way to go after him. Players usually don't say that they specificallyshut another player down accompanied with a smart ass remark. If Andy would've said that they shut down Watt's chopping wood in his uniform in the middle of nowhere ass, he would be seen as a dick. And if Watt made a similar remark about Brady, people would bitch. 

The best thing Andy can do is not say anything. The media doesn't have his back.

All Truth...

Especially the part saying the best thing Andy can do is say nothing..

Oh.....and fuck jj watt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this was Twatt's first sack in the last several against the Bengals.

And weren't people here calling Andy the Red BB gun on here back in the day when he was in disfavor?  Not exactly original or creative.  Actually, come to think of it, the posters here calling him JJ Twatt are more witty and amusing than his comment.

I know a guy named JJ Watt.

To take a piss he has to squat.

What? you say, of JJ Watt.

The reason is he has a twat. 

© HSH Publications

He also called us motherfuckers after they scored that touchdown. You could hear it as he was patting the receiver on the head. 

oh snap!

In todays world of ridiculous political correctness, I'm surprised ginger jokes aren't looked down upon because they are degrading to a certain group of people...

That's not how I want my QB reacting to something dumb like that.  Disappointing to see.  I think people are calling Dalton a whiny bitch because he comes off like one in that postgame conference when addressing what Watt said.   I was embarrassed for him.  

And even though Watt didn't have great numbers last night, he wreaked havoc.  He was the reason the game plan was what it was from Hue and he's the primary reason the Bengals offense couldn't get going, had no rhythm, so I'm not afraid to give credit to him for his play....even if he is a dbag.  

That's not how I want my QB reacting to something dumb like that.  Disappointing to see.  I think people are calling Dalton a whiny bitch because he comes off like one in that postgame conference when addressing what Watt said.   I was embarrassed for him.  

And even though Watt didn't have great numbers last night, he wreaked havoc.  He was the reason the game plan was what it was from Hue and he's the primary reason the Bengals offense couldn't get going, had no rhythm, so I'm not afraid to give credit to him for his play....even if he is a dbag.  

^^^ This on both points ^^^

Nothing needed to be said about Watt's comments.  People either enjoyed what Watt said or decided it was yet another data point for his doucheness...so just say nothing about it.  On the other hand, I'm sure it was a very emotional time for Andy and he just couldn't help it.

If you thought Watt's only impact in last nights game was 1 sack in the 2nd half, you didn't watch the same game I watched.  Dude shaped the entire game.  I mean I hate the guy, but he was the primary reason we couldn't get the offense going.

Of course, they are making Andy out to be a whiny bitch for taking offense, but they are always looking for a way to go after him. Players usually don't say that they specifically shut another player down accompanied with a smart ass remark. If Andy would've said that they shut down Watt's chopping wood in his uniform in the middle of nowhere ass, he would be seen as a dick. And if Watt made a similar remark about Brady, people would bitch. 

He is being whiny.  Its a cornball ass joke.  Get over it Andy and move on.  Ridiculous.

Andy does come off like a whiny bitch in that article, sorry.       Unless there's more to what Watt said than what was quoted above that comment doesn't even deserve recognition by anybody.    He uses "great" multiple times.

Grow a set.

yep, but but but but.......he plays for the other team, but but but.....he cant say those things....but but but....shut up, get over it.  It was fucking corny.  Jeez.

What Andy should have said: "well, it's true. I often play like a red Ryder BB gun in games where the entire nation nation could be watching, and virtually everytime against the Texans. If I don't like what he has to say, I (and my entire team and coaching staff) need to actually play like we care about winning, so It's a Bengal being interviewed after the game, not the opponent"

Andy does come off like a whiny bitch in that article, sorry.       Unless there's more to what Watt said than what was quoted above that comment doesn't even deserve recognition by anybody.    He uses "great" multiple times.

Grow a set.

Dalton wasn't told the complements Watt said, just the joke.  Media baited him, and he took it and overreacted while still hot from the loss.  All he knew was Watt was making fun of him post game. Should have simply been "I didn't hear it, no comment." I'd expect Dalton to take to twitter to apologize at some point after he sees Watt's full interview.

The entire offense played like chumps save for a few guys...the oline got their asses handed to them all game long, consistently got pushed back and had Andy running thinking about the rush too much. Andy played horrible, his worst game of the season by far. Eifert was choking, dropping catchable passes. AJ needs to toughen up and stop fumbling the ball late in games, instead of bracing for the fall he should have protected the ball. Just a bad game all around, hopefully they will use JJ's taunts as fuel to get better. 

I want to see some fire from Andy, some anger. Carson was fined for taunting the Seattle bench, if I was his teammate I would be happy that QB is showing the competitive fire that he's so emotional involved that he's talking shit to fans after he scores a late TD. I know Andy is an upstanding Christian man who has great integrity and blah, blah, blah...but if he plays like he did last night no one will care about any of that stuff. 

Dalton wasn't told the complements Watt said, just the joke.  Media baited him, and he took it and overreacted while still hot from the loss.  All he knew was Watt was making fun of him post game. Should have simply been "I didn't hear it, no comment." I'd expect Dalton to take to twitter to apologize at some point after he sees Watt's full interview.

I would hate to see Andy apologize, he said what he felt and he should stick to it. JJ Watt said what a lot of people around the NFL feel, they don't respect Andy. He has to change that and so far this year he has but the year isn't over and every time they have a bad game the haters will come out and say "told ya so". 

Everyone doesn't have to get along, it's ok for opponents to talk shit to each other and genuinely not like each other. Hopefully Andy sees all of the haters around the league that laugh it up at his expense uses it as motivation to make them love him...just he did with the booing at the celebrity softball game this summer. Andy has to realize he's a red head QB for a small market team with a history of futility and being the punchline of jokes, no one is going to give them anything..they are going to have to take it by winning, that is the only remedy. 

I don't really care about seeing fire in regards to last nights game.    At 1 point in 2nd half they had 1 first down.    I don't care who is playing bad or whatever, that shit should never happen to this offense.    It's not an understatement to suggest this board to generate more first downs with that offense.     Very similar to the Colts game last year.

Mind boggling how they could get into such a shit hole in the 2nd half.

Archived