J.J. Watt rankles Andy Dalton with 'Red Ryder BB Gun' postgame swipe

I would hate to see Andy apologize, he said what he felt and he should stick to it. JJ Watt said what a lot of people around the NFL feel, they don't respect Andy. He has to change that and so far this year he has but the year isn't over and every time they have a bad game the haters will come out and say "told ya so". 

Everyone doesn't have to get along, it's ok for opponents to talk shit to each other and genuinely not like each other. Hopefully Andy sees all of the haters around the league that laugh it up at his expense uses it as motivation to make them love him...just he did with the booing at the celebrity softball game this summer. Andy has to realize he's a red head QB for a small market team with a history of futility and being the punchline of jokes, no one is going to give them anything..they are going to have to take it by winning, that is the only remedy. 

QFT

I would hate to see Andy apologize, he said what he felt and he should stick to it. JJ Watt said what a lot of people around the NFL feel, they don't respect Andy. He has to change that and so far this year he has but the year isn't over and every time they have a bad game the haters will come out and say "told ya so". 

Everyone doesn't have to get along, it's ok for opponents to talk shit to each other and genuinely not like each other. Hopefully Andy sees all of the haters around the league that laugh it up at his expense uses it as motivation to make them love him...just he did with the booing at the celebrity softball game this summer. Andy has to realize he's a red head QB for a small market team with a history of futility and being the punchline of jokes, no one is going to give them anything..they are going to have to take it by winning, that is the only remedy. 

I get your point, but I suspect he will given that he questioned Watt's integrity about a comment that (in full context, which Dalton didn't have at the time) was pretty tongue in cheek.  

Ironically, while the national media is predictably making a big deal out of it, the local media is on the "Dalton sticking up for himself and not going to take any shit" train.

Doesn't matter if Watt meant it in the worse way possible, Dalton's postgame behavior was just bizarre.  Embarrassing is the only way to describe it.   Seems like he has a huge inferiority complex IMO.   

I love ya man, but if you were in Andy's place and hearing all the shit he does, you would probably take offense too. As 1181 has said though, Andy didn't hear all of Watts comments.  He praised Andy and the team.

I love ya man, but if you were in Andy's place and hearing all the shit he does, you would probably take offense too. As 1181 has said though, Andy didn't hear all of Watts comments.  He praised Andy and the team.

To be completely honest, if I heard that....I wouldnt' take offense at all.  I'd say "that's great...next question".  He doesn't need to address dumb shit like that and certainly not in the manner he did.  It was beyond bizarre to me.  

Good to see you posting more.  I love your tits.  

To be completely honest, if I heard that....I wouldnt' take offense at all.  I'd say "that's great...next question".  He doesn't need to address dumb shit like that and certainly not in the manner he did.  It was beyond bizarre to me.  

Good to see you posting more.  I love your tits.  

Haha. Fair enough and thanks love . ;)

This.

That was probably the highlight of their season, let him talk.

Absolutely the highlight of their season to date, but now they are tied for 1st place with a Colts team that is struggling. I would not be shocked to see them win their division.

In fact I kind of hope they do and the stars align so we get them at home again.

I want revenge.

Absolutely the highlight of their season to date, but now they are tied for 1st place with a Colts team that is struggling. I would not be shocked to see them win their division.

In fact I kind of hope they do and the stars align so we get them at home again.

I want revenge.

Pretty much. That would be glorious.

Of course, they are making Andy out to be a whiny bitch for taking offense, but they are always looking for a way to go after him. Players usually don't say that they specifically shut another player down accompanied with a smart ass remark. If Andy would've said that they shut down Watt's chopping wood in his uniform in the middle of nowhere ass, he would be seen as a dick. And if Watt made a similar remark about Brady, people would bitch. 

The best thing Andy can do is not say anything. The media doesn't have his back.

best I can remember watt, didn't have an all star game. Last two meetings watt has been shut down pretty much:cool:

best I can remember watt, didn't have an all star game. Last two meetings watt has been shut down pretty much:cool:

Must not remember too much from the game then, because Watt was wreaking havoc on the offense.  He's THE reason.  He may not have put up great numbers Monday night, but his impact on the game was just as significant as it usually is. 

Must not remember too much from the game then, because Watt was wreaking havoc on the offense.  He's THE reason.  He may not have put up great numbers Monday night, but his impact on the game was just as significant as it usually is. 

I agree can't argue that!! BTW, pretty good site you guys have here. WHO DEY!!!!!

2 tackles and a sack, I've seen jj cause a lot more trouble, than he did Monday. No doubt he's a spectacular player. Question. Would Andre have made a difference?

I think so.  Running right at those pass-rushing DE's seems to be the best strategy & Andre would've made that possible, at least. 

Or we could line Whitworth up wide and run a PA QB draw, that's also an option.  :doh:

Archived