If you hand off to Gio on 3rd & 2 is he STILL RUNNING???

I know its easy to be a "Monday morning QB" and I know you like the matchup of AJ vs anyone NOT PP but seriously???? Don't you GET the 1st down there.......absolutely control the clock and take MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS to score the winning TD and deny Arizona any time rather than stick all your shit in one basket with one throw.......

Maybe Gio isn't "still running" but he EASILY gets 2 yards........and moves the chains

You have got to blitz on that last drive. The secondary is decimated.

You know how you stop a QB from throwing 20 yards downfield on 3 straight plays?

FUCKING BLITZ

Seriously how is it so hard to understand? Seriously?

Play prevent with your 3rd string when all they need is a FG is obviously the right decision.

This is why I just DONT get this team........all of the above are NO BRAINERS........I know "coaches are smarter than us / they know things we don't" but REALLY?????

If you run that draw to Gio and he gains NO YARDS.......you still kick the FG from the EXACT SAME SPOT as you ended up doing trying to complete a 30 yd TD pass on 3rd & 2.....

They knew the defense was depleted, get the god damn first down and subsequent TD. This is all on the coaching staff. And Marvin looks like he has aged in dog years in this press conference as he hears the pitter patter of stealer foot steps in the standings. Damn this team. mother fuck this fucking team

You have got to blitz on that last drive. The secondary is decimated.

You know how you stop a QB from throwing 20 yards downfield on 3 straight plays?

FUCKING BLITZ

Seriously how is it so hard to understand? Seriously?

Play prevent with your 3rd string when all they need is a FG is obviously the right decision.

Supporting the blitz theory BR is that the DL looked OUT ON THERE FEET on those final three passes.......

Supporting the blitz theory BR is that the DL looked OUT ON THERE FEET on those final three passes.......

Yep.  The rotation is dead.  Atkins and Dunlop are in there almost the entire game.  Atkins was killing it early, but double teams and fatigue took it's toll.  

Dunlop was erased by one guy.  Not impressive.  

This is why I just DONT get this team........all of the above are NO BRAINERS........I know "coaches are smarter than us / they know things we don't" but REALLY?????

If you run that draw to Gio and he gains NO YARDS.......you still kick the FG from the EXACT SAME SPOT as you ended up doing trying to complete a 30 yd TD pass on 3rd & 2.....

Plus you burn 40 seconds off the clock.  

This for me.  AZ had no TOs...we controlled the clock and therefore the game at that point.  Even if Gio gets stuffed or Dalton keep it himself the clock runs and AZ have significantly less time to move the ball w/in FG range.  Defense played way too soft and sat deep to not allow anything over there heads.  That works if AZ needs a TD but they only needed the 35.  Just poor poor playcalling on both sides of the ball.

In the new article today they allude to Andy making the call. Gio def gets the 2 yards if he gives him the ball he may of even scored. If you watch replay he could of crawled and still got the 2 yards. Bottom line it was a ridiculous stupid call no matter who made it and was the biggest play of the game. You hand the ball off there and if worse comes to worst you don't get the 1st down you at least give them no time to do what they did. That play call at that point in time of game had too many chances of a negative outcome given the situation. Other than a turnover the worst thing that could happen was not getting 1st down and stopping the clock and it did. Makes it even worse when you see Arizona was spread out playing the pass before the snap and after the snap can see Gio would of easily gotten the 1st down if not more because the left side of the line had it blocked well. He probably doesn't get touched before he gets the 2 yards. For arguments sake say he falls and doesn't worst case run clock down to under 30 sec kick the fg and take it to overtime they had the momentum big time. Sucks something terrible giving that game away with stupid penalties (which some were bs pi on wr falling down refs not calling the million holds again the low hit on andys knees the launching helmet to helmet and plenty more) The inability to set up some damn hot routes like everytime they blitzed it was a suprise like they had not been doing it whole damn game. Blown coverages giving up easy scores. Bad play calling management etc.I believe what Petko says anout the last call too. He's never been known to do anything like that his coaches and teammates have his back on it and they were suprised that was call and not the d flinching making oline jump. Seems to me if he was simulating snap there would of been more than 1 player that jumped and more than likely some bengals would of jumped too. If he is telling the truth that would of been it the 8 sec would of been gone with the 10 sec runoff for an offensive penalty with clock moving. Still sickening how so many different ways that game was given and taken away.

This was the only thng I wanted to comment on before avoiding the site until rams talk. Definitely bonehead to go for broke on 3rd and 2 and leave that much time for the quitter against our second string DBs.

Well, one more thing. Has Collinsworth gotten the quitter's dick out of his mouth yet? Did you hear his sigh of relief when the quitter finally got the offense going in the seond half? Did he give Dalton any credit for coming back from 14 points down? Against the cards defense that he had a big boner over the whole 3rd quarter. He was blowing the tardinals so hard that he came up short on the projected stealer references. I bet the stealer fans are expcting an apology..

Don't hurt yourself on the analysis.

Be fair, Dalton totally did blow it. Dya see how little pressure he got on the quitter on their final series? He really struggled to rush the QB. I also didn't notice him breaking up any passes. He didn't knock the refs out so they couldn't make that dodgy call against Peko. I couldn't see him blocking their field goal either, and fuck me did you see the passes he dropped?!

Archived