If you hand off to Gio on 3rd & 2 is he STILL RUNNING???

The sad thing is that it wasn't the first time they did that or probably the last. But I don't think they had as much control over the clock as they did on the play last night. A desperation throw when you can control the clock and have a full playbook?

The sad thing is that it wasn't the first time they did that or probably the last. But I don't think they had as much control over the clock as they did on the play last night. A desperation throw when you can control the cock and have a full playbook?

Controlling the cock and having a full playbook.......that's what I call a good night.  

This is the problem. Those 8 wins Dalton put the ball into the hands of the play makers. During that drive he became delusional and believed he was going to be the play maker. He fails to realize he has the least talent of the starting 11. All 10 of our offensive starters would start on other teams. Andy Dalton would be a back up p>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah if Dalton made that call, then the loss is largely, but not all, on him. Removes him from the Good and puts him in the Ugly.

I doubt he makes the same call again though.

Nonsense.  We put 31 points on the 3rd ranked defense. It took Hue Jackon almost the entire 2nd half to figure out how to beat a 7 man blitz.   Our 2nd half defense was atrocious.

Nonsense.  We put 31 points on the 3rd ranked defense. It took Hue Jackon almost the entire 2nd half to figure out how to beat a 7 man blitz.   Our 2nd half defense was atrocious.

QB's job to read the blitz. He is the one staring at it. Every play has a hot read. 

Seems Carson was able to do it, like when he hit Larry on that quick bubble screen because of the loaded box.

They either learn to win these games when the season is on the line or they don't.   At this point arguing who's fault it is becomes pointless.     The history of the NFL is filled with good/great teams that didn't get it done.    Unfortunately we are probably dealing with a Bridesmaid type team and collection of players that choke.

QB's job to read the blitz. He is the one staring at it. Every play has a hot read. 

Seems Carson was able to do it, like when he hit Larry on that quick bubble screen because of the loaded box.

Its also usually the center's job to call out the blocking assignments.  Too often guys came in unblocked which isn't on the QB.  When someone whiffs hot reads don't help much.  The Bengals didn't get a sniff of Palmer in the second half which allowed him to gash them.  When they harassed him in the first half he threw awful balls two of which were picked off.  

Bernard had 8 catches for over 100 yards.  I think Dalton checked down a few times.  

I think........a day removed it all comes down to "balance".......Seems pretty unanimous that AD audibled to the deep throw but I do question whether the mistake is entirely on him........Surely when Hue send the play in it is predicated with a reminder re down, distance and time remaining. The blame is shared equally.

Everyone I guess can get "caught up in the moment"......and I'm sure the pressure on the Bengals & in particularly Andy not having won the "prime time game" got the better of him.......Andy has to realise that both:

1. He played a GREAT game last night

and

2. He is surrounded with incredible playmakers who need to share the load.....

I do feel at times Hue and the team lose sight about #2. Tyler Eifert does nothing but get open and score TD's in the redzone (ie. the area of the field which is ment to be the most congested) but he has what ??? ONE catch between the 20's. Even Mo Sanu (I know many here have issues with his apparent inability to get separation) but for me he is MONEY on 3rd down and in the past when he has been asked to get open (absence of MJ & AJ) he has caught balls........(BTW the overruled TD call where he went full Cam Newton was a thing of beauty!!)

Like him or hate him.........Andy Has improved. He just needs to be reminded he DOESNT need to do it all himself (30yrd TD pass attempt on 3rd & 2 with the game on the line) when another option (Hand off to Gio, quick hit to Mo, Eifert, etc) may not win the game in one play..........but win it eventually and most importantly.....wont lose it.

Its also usually the center's job to call out the blocking assignments.  Too often guys came in unblocked which isn't on the QB.  When someone whiffs hot reads don't help much.  The Bengals didn't get a sniff of Palmer in the second half which allowed him to gash them.  When they harassed him in the first half he threw awful balls two of which were picked off.  

Bernard had 8 catches for over 100 yards.  I think Dalton checked down a few times.  

Damn straight there, why couldn't we improve on a pass rush that was working?

Instead Palmer has more time to throw as they adjust and we don't AGAIN...bullshit.

If he hit on it, there would be no bitching. No offense to anyone, but fuck you to all you Monday morning quarterbacks.

That's true, if he would have hit it you look like an idiot to complain even if you were right.

But it's not a matter of MM QBs, just intelligent play calling. Sorry you can't see that.

Don't forget to put some blame on Smith along with the non blitz pick ups. On the fumble by Dalton they actually did pick that one up but good old Dre absolutely whiffed on his block didnt even lay a finger on him leaving the guy to get to Dalton untouched.

No defending play call in that situation though. As others said 2nd and 2 go for it or pick up 1st go for it next play if look is still there. Don't get it worst case is overtime. A good example of it I remember was back when Carson was here against Carolina it was either 3rd or 4th and 1 at end of the game in similar situation. That one worked out and Chad grabbed it for a td maybe it was Tj think it was Chad though either way it was one if them and play got them the td and still even after play was successful I still saw it as a stupid call

That's true, if he would have hit it you look like an idiot to complain even if you were right.

But it's not a matter of MM QBs, just intelligent play calling. Sorry you can't see that.

I can see that, but I don't care if it's a dumb play if we win the game. Just don't get dependent on dumb plays. :)

If he hit on it, there would be no bitching. No offense to anyone, but fuck you to all you Monday morning quarterbacks.

That's why I do all my Quaterbacking on Monday Afternoons.

No offense to anyone but fuck you to all highly paid Offensive Coordinators, QB, and Head Coaches that can't manage a game.

Archived