The newest member of our family

Jason

Diva has a couple of medical conditions, vertigo and CMT.  Because of this she needs a service dog.  The generosity of a breeder is letting us have this beautiful girl for significantly less than her original asking price.  Her name will be Elexa.  We pick her up on Friday.

She is a Great Dane.  Her dad is 37" at the shoulder so she will be a big girl.

Elexa.jpg

Are Danes typical service dogs or is this a case of what you guys are most comfortable with?

Danes are used as service dogs.  Particularly for balance and stability since they are big.  But we have a friend who also has a Dane service dog for his heart condition.

The family all together.  Wojo, the big guy standing by the bed, isn't a big fan of change, or "strangers", so we were a little concerned how he would handle the new puppy, but he did really well.  Didn't growl or bark at her at all.  Kudla loves almost everyone so we weren't worried about him at all.  We drove all the way from Smithfield NC to just south of Macon GA and back in 1 day.

11202873_1088289927878439_1160814422900067666_n.jpg

An unexpected development.  Our oldest boy, my avatar, Kudla, the dog who loves everyone has been growling at her.  He's old and I think he's in some pain and doesn't want to deal with a puppy.  But I don't think he would hurt Elexa.

• 3 months later...

Archived