David DeCastro on Bengals: We don’t like them, they don’t like us

David DeCastro on Bengals: We don’t like them, they don’t like us

PITTSBURGH, PA - NOVEMBER 01:  A.J. Green #18 of the Cincinnati Bengals attempts to shed Antwon Blake #41 of the Pittsburgh Steelers before both being called for face-mask penalties in the 4th quarter of the game at Heinz Field on November 1, 2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

Getty Images

The Stealers and Bengals will square off in Cincinnati on Sunday afternoon and it doesn’t sound like the two teams will be exchanging holiday pleasantries in the field in between plays.

During the first 2015 meeting between the teams, a hit by Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict on Stealers running back Le’Veon Bell led to a season-ending knee injury for Bell. Burfict’s reaction to the play led to criticism from the Stealers, including a tweet from linebacker Vince Williams suggesting that there would be an altercation if the two were to cross paths off the field.

Stealers guard David DeCastro stopped short of calling the Bengals a dirty team Monday, saying that they’re “not out to hurt people,” but that distinction doesn’t mean that he has any warm feelings for a divisional rival.

“We don’t like them. They don’t like us,” DeCastro said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’m not going to sit here and give you bulletin board material, but that’s as simple as it can be.”

There shouldn’t be much need for bulletin board material to get the blood flowing on either side given how much both teams have to play for at this point in the season. Some old-fashioned hostile feelings should add to those stakes to make for one of the more appealing games on this week’s slate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/08/david-decastro-on-bengals-we-dont-like-them-they-dont-like-us/

Lol,  I watched the all 22 today from the earlier meeting.  Atkins had the biggest decleating pancake I've ever seen, the victim was Decastro.

Atkins fights through the Centers block and Decastro trys to pick him up and in about a half step Atkins had enough power to knock him off both feet and had him vertical in the air  before crashing down on him.

i guess I'd hate the Bengals too if that were me. 

Lol,  I watched the all 22 today from the earlier meeting.  Atkins had the biggest decleating pancake I've ever seen, the victim was Decastro.

Atkins fights through the Centers block and Decastro trys to pick him up and in about a half step Atkins had enough power to knock him off both feet and had him vertical in the air  before crashing down on him.

i guess I'd hate the Bengals too if that were me. 

Someone needs to make a GIF of that shit...

For that to happen he would need to be a "high-motor guy" that is a "smart player" & "does things the right way"

:whistle:

And be on the circulated list of players that sports analysts have to blow. 

I am convinced that these spots anchors are handed a story along with a narrative on the player to ad lib from.

Producer: Suzie, here's a story about Andy Dalton saving a busload of nuns and orphans from drowning. Here are your bullets to work in to the story: playoff record, prime time record, etc..

Archived