'Expert' Picks

PIT.png 26 CIN.png 24

Remember last year when these two teams met at Paul Brown Stadium? Ben Roethlisberger connected with a still-not-quite-famous Martavis Bryant for 94 yards, and the Stealers were on their way. Well, we're seeing it that way again. The Bengals' defense looked stout last week, holding the vaunted Browns' aerial circus under Austin Davis to three points. Roethlisberger is a different bear altogether. He still moves well enough out of the pocket to make plays on what will be an overmatched secondary. Expect Andy Dalton to get his on the NFL's 29th-ranked pass defense. #gameoftheweek #PITvsCIN

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000598251/article/nfl-week-14-game-picks-Stealers-top-bengals-patriots-rebound

NFL
WEEK

line.png
The
Line

13030.png
Will
Brinson

2161544.png
Jared
Dubin

13751.png
Ryan
Wilson

13825.png
John
Breech

make_picks.png
Make
Your Pick

Picks and projections for all NFL games

MIN at ARI
20 F 23
RECAP

ARI

ARI

ARI

ARI

ARI

ARI

ARI

ARI

ARI

MIN
21%

ARI
79%

PIT at CIN
PREVIEW
SportsLine.com PICKS

CIN

CIN

PIT

PIT

PIT

CIN

PIT

CIN

PIT

check_gray.png
PIT

OR
check_orange.png

Shittsburgh Stealers +3 at Cincinnati Bengals

Over the past four games, Ben Roethlisberger has thrown for a total 1,533 yards and 10 touchdowns as the Stealers have put up 143 points in consecutive 30-plus points efforts. Meanwhile the Bengals have one of the most efficient offense in the league per Football Outsiders.  

The forecast as of Friday is calling for 67 degrees with a 61-percent chance of a s***load of points (game total is currently 49). This has the makings of a good 'ol fashioned shootout, friends, whooooooeeeeeeee!!!!

The Bengals got some good news on the injury front this week (NFL touchdown leader Tyler Eifert should be a go) but they won't have starting cornerback Adam Jones or safety George Iloka, which, against the Stealers' WR trio of Antonio Brown-Martavis Bryant-Markus Wheaton . . . is not good. At least slot cornerback Leon Hall might be a go after missing last week with a back injury.

The Stealers will also keep that secondary honest with 32-year-old De'Angelo Williams, averaging 4.9 yards per carry this season, who must spend his Tuesdays skinny dipping in the fountain of youth. Bonus stats from Rotoworld's Rich Hribar: Pittsburgh has averaged 529 yards per game over their past four and is the fourth team ever and the first team to have 450 total yards in four straight games since New England in 2011.

No disrespect to the Bengals who have plenty of offensive firepower of their own; the point is that Sheriff Ben and the Stealers can light up a scoreboard and no deficit they might find themselves in will be too great. At 7-5 they'd be ROYALTY in the lowly NFC East but no such luck as they're currently on the outside of the AFC Wild Card race looking in. They desperately need this game and often familiarity within the division breeds close games.

FYI: At this time you may need to pony up a little extra juice to get the field goal on Pittsburgh (-120).

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/nfl-picks-week-14-odds-playbook-121115

Stealers at Bengals

MDS’s take: The Stealers look to me like they’re poised to become the best team that misses the playoffs. A Cincinnati win will make it that much harder for Pittsburgh to reach the postseason.

MDS’s pick: Bengals 24, Stealers 17.

Florio’s take: It’s a key game for both teams, but for reasons unrelated to the AFC North crown. The Stealers’ offense is more diverse than it was when they last met, and the Cincinnati defense is a bit banged up. Since they may not cross paths in the postseason, let’s give the edge to the team that needs the win in order to even qualify for the playoffs.

Florio’s pick: Stealers 24, Bengals 21.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/pfts-week-14-picks-6/

steelers-bengals-pick.jpg

Weird season in the usually tightly bunched AFC North, which last year featured three playoff teams all clumped within one game of each other. This season the Bengals hold a commanding three-game lead over the Stealers with four weeks left, and then Baltimore is a distant three games behind Pittsburgh. Cincinnati would love to win this game, sweep the Stealers this season, clinch the division and maintain its grip on the AFC’s No. 1 seed. But Pittsburgh is currently in the AFC’s No. 7 slot in the playoff chase and needs to win with a challenging home game against Denver looming in Week 15. By the slightest of margins, score one for desperation.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/11/week-14-picks-schedule-bengals-Stealers

PITTSBURGH AT CINCINNATI

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truePittsburgh Stealers: Cincy gets humbled facing the league’s hottest offense. The Stealers are done with the injuries and feel primed for a playoff run. Ben Roethlisberger is eager to redeem his three-interception performance from three weeks ago and the Stealers will play with a serious edge after a tension-filled first matchup with the Bengals. The Bengals' front will apply some pressure and the defensive backfield will force the Stealers’ supporting cast receivers -- Martavis Bryant and Markus Wheaton -- to play elevated roles. They will. Keeping A.J. Green from turning short passes into long gains will be huge for the Stealers’ defense. Stealers 34, Bengals 20. -- Jeremy Fowler

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueCincinnati Bengals: Only once since Marvin Lewis took over as head coach in 2003 have the Bengals swept the Stealers in a season. Pittsburgh has done the same thing to the Bengals six times during that span. Of course, the Stealers can’t do that this year, having already lost this season’s first meeting. But it does appear that a Stealers win will happen this week. Why? Because of health. Unlike the previous time these teams played, Pittsburgh has the healthier roster. The Bengals have been without defensive backs Adam Jones and George Iloka in practice this week, raising questions about what the secondary could look like Sunday afternoon. Consistent offensive health has been a big reason why the Stealers are averaging more than 35 points and 525 yards in the four games since these teams last met. Stealers 24, Bengals 21. -- Coley Harvey

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/191377/nfl-week-14-predictions-lesean-mccoy-wont-get-revenge-patriots-will-snap-two-game-skid

You'd think the Bengals were 7-5 & looking up at the 10-2 Stoolers.  Do they get spotted 4 games because they won* a SuperBowl a few years ago?  Or maybe it's because FrankenBen was hurt maybe again no for real this time when we played them before? So gritty, fighting through those injuries unlike every other NFL team who are 100% healthy all year.

They could beat us 45-0 and on Monday morning they'd still be in 2nd place.  Yet somehow the Bengals would suddenly be frauds at 10-3 & 2 games up in the AFCN.  OTOH if the Stoolers lose we clinch the AFCN title and they're struggling for a WC one game over .500.. But of course they will still be "in the hunt" & their hype train doesn't stop until they're 100% eliminated. Shit's ridiculous. 

You'd think the Bengals were 7-5 & looking up at the 10-2 Stoolers.  Do they get spotted 4 games because they won* a SuperBowl a few years ago?  Or maybe it's because FrankenBen was hurt maybe again no for real this time when we played them before? So gritty, fighting through those injuries unlike every other NFL team who are 100% healthy all year.

They could beat us 45-0 and on Monday morning they'd still be in 2nd place.  Yet somehow the Bengals would suddenly be frauds at 10-3 & 2 games up in the AFCN.  OTOH if the Stoolers lose we clinch the AFCN title and they're struggling for a WC one game over .500.. But of course they will still be "in the hunt" & their hype train doesn't stop until they're 100% eliminated. Shit's ridiculous. 

Hell Yes!!!!!!!! couldn't agree more... I usually don't get to caught \up in the dick sucking of the stealers,but this shit is getting a little ridiculous...

And I'm not delusional.. I know this will be a tough game and they stealers will be tough down the stretch..but like you said, you would think the Bengals are the ones looking up at them... You hear people talk and it's between the Pats, Broncos and the surging stealers...WTF....

I would give almost anything for the Bengals to fucking destroy them Sunday..

/End Rant 

WHO-DEY!!!!!!

Cousin Sal   ... I like this one

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/espns-nfl-gambling-expert-still-165400323.html

Sal Iacono is a writer for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" and better known among sports fans as "Cousin Sal" on Bill Simmons' podcasts. He's also making a name for himself as ESPN's NFL gambling expert.

After going 19-2-3 over the final eight weeks of the 2014 season, Sal has caught fire again. Cuz is 15-6 over the last seven weeks, despite going 1-2 a week ago. He is also 10-3 this season on his "Best Bet.

• Cincinnati Bengals -2.5 (vs Pittsburgh Stealers): "Everybody loves this Stealers team. 70% of those betting this game are backing Pittsburgh, and all the talk is 'they're going to be tough to beat in January.' But this is December! And Cincinnati is the best team in the AFC. Geno Atkins is a force up the middle. Here is my favorite stat. Cincinnati, 14-1-1 in their last 16 home games that kick off at 1 p.m. eastern ... Cincinnati is better. They're home. They're only laying 2.5. I like them over Pittsburgh."

God I hope the Bengals beat the shit out of them.

not just for our (fans) benefit. To shed the "little brother" psyche everyone seems to think (rightly or wrongly) the Bengals are. To make it even harder for the dirtballs to make the playoffs. To give our guys even more confidence as they steamroll towards the postseason. To put those cheating bastards in their place, and to put all these media dick slobberers in their place too.

This is a big game... And its time the Bengals take the fight to teams like the stealers and knock them the fuck around. I don't even want a close fun game. I want them to dominate so badly we rest starters with 8 minutes to go and AJ Carron is throwing the ball to Kroft and Tate on a final drive.

not just for our (fans) benefit. To shed the "little brother" psyche everyone seems to think (rightly or wrongly) the Bengals are. To make it even harder for the dirtballs to make the playoffs. To give our guys even more confidence as they steamroll towards the postseason. To put those cheating bastards in their place, and to put all these media dick slobberers in their place too.

This is a big game... And its time the Bengals take the fight to teams like the stealers and knock them the fuck around. I don't even want a close fun game. I want them to dominate so badly we rest starters with 8 minutes to go and AJ Carron is throwing the ball to Kroft and Tate on a final drive.

Knock them around is what's needed. They must, if the media is whats ailing ya, also do some shit in the offs or it won't change.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Dish I share your opinion but the Stealers offense is undeniably hot right now and it's happening at a bad time for us because of injuries. Our offense is going to have to carry the load in this one.

yeah the secondary concerns me. Time for the offense and dline 

sounds glorious  

They knew Dalton would impact game in a negative way. In this case interception and a half ass tackle after pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you and Bronx find another team to root for--your constant belittling of the Bengals gets old real quick.

Both of you make me want to vomit.

I thought you blocked me? Just for the record. Check my forum history. It's only been mainly the performance of Dalton, Dre, and hill. From what I've read here. It's a common theme on this forum. I have utmost appreciation for everyone else on this team from coaches to players. Those 3 (hill & smith are gone next season) are the least talented on this starting offense

I thought you blocked me? Just for the record. Check my forum history. It's only been mainly the performance of Dalton, Dre, and hill. From what I've read here. It's a common theme on this forum. I have utmost appreciation for everyone else on this team from coaches to players. Those 3 (hill & smith are gone next season) are the least talented on this starting offense. AJ Mc carron is going to prove any QB with an arm can win with this ridiculous assortment of talent. Dalton is a backup the lucked out and got a starting job because Palmer left.

Archived