Stealers whine and rim cheese

Officials missed low hit on Roethlisberger

Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Ben Roethlisberger, Geno AtkinsAP

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict made waves before Sunday’s game against the Stealers, after he confronted Stealers linebacker Vince Williams for a death threat posted by Williams on Twitter after the last game between the teams.

During the game, Burfict did something that was largely unnoticed, especially by the officials.

As posted by former Stealers quarterback Charlie Batch on Twitter, Burfict blatantly dove at the lower leg of quarterback Ben Roethlisbergerstriking him in the ankle area. No flag was thrown.

It’s possible that Burfict was stumbling. If he was, however, it was caused not by a Stealers player blocking him but by Bengals defensive end Carlos Dunlap, who seemed to give Burfict a shove.

Former NFL V.P. of officiating Mike Pereira, now a rules analyst at FOX, said that a penalty “should have been called.”

Officials missed low hit on Roethlisberger

Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Ben Roethlisberger, Geno AtkinsAP

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict made waves before Sunday’s game against the Stealers, after he confronted Stealers linebacker Vince Williams for a death threat posted by Williams on Twitter after the last game between the teams.

**** Shouldn't there have been some sort of NFL intervention over this?

And do I notice a hand in Geno's facemask? ---------------->           Why, yes, I do believe I do.

The refs missed a call? Nice work, Geraldo.

Speaking of missed calls, Laph was going ape shit about the holding call on Whit (only holding call of the game that I can recall, I guess the Squeels were perfect on the blocking schemes and did not hold).  I guess Whit was going ape shit, too.

Apparently Whit had taken Harrison out of the play and Harrison slipped and fell all on his own and Whit was called for a "phantom hold" that negated a big gain throw by McBrady.

McBrady? Another much needed laugh. 

Yeah, that Whit hold was ridiculous. The Dre hold call where Marvin challenged the catch was bad too. It was what Collinsworth would call hand fighting and would be furious if the stealers got called for it.

Archived