El Capitan

JC

Just downloaded yesterday.  Holy shit.  Did anyone run into some issues?  My computer started running abundantly slower.  uTorrent wouldn't open anymore.  Couldn't move files from computer to USB.  Currently going back to Yosemite.  Saw a lot of reviews that were just like mine.  Just wanted to see if anyone else ran into anything similar?

I spilled a glass of wine on my MacBook Pro :doh: and haven't gotten around to replacing it, so I've not had a chance to use it yet. I will say, that I never upgrade to a full new version step until I know what the bugs are, regardless of OS or platform... 

ETA: Yeah, I've heard it's an abortion. That whirring sound you hear is Steve Jobs spinning in his grave... 

Yeah, I think so.  What an epic clusterfuck.  Not sure how these issues weren't identified in the beta.  I purposely waited awhile to upgrade.  Part being lazy and part not wanting to eff anything up during my final weeks of the semester.  Surprised Apple hasn't fixed any of it with the amount of bitching I've seen on the internet tonight.  Christ.

The biggest issue I'm running into right now is that my USB 2.0's are almost unusable at this point.  My 3.0 works great.  I have to use 2.0 due to my Samsung TV being a little older and not recognizing 3.0 (at least I don't think, I have to do some more research, but for whatever reason it isn't recognizing my passport when I connect it.)

I have a workaround by being able to connect it to my XBOX and running it through my media, but I'd rather plug it into my TV since it recognizes where I stopped watching if I turn it off for whatever reason.

Because a new OS isn't backwards-compatible? If he's spinning it's out of pure joy.

Maybe I misunderstood, but planned obsolescence should be renamed in his honor.

Yes, you misunderstand, as how can you make a comment about 'Planned Obselesence' when you don't know the age of the OP's system? And yes, I am well aware of Jobs' habit of killing off old tech, and as someone who works in IT, I can say he has usually been right (burn I hell, 3.5-inch floppy!). The 'whirring' comment was about how the pre-release testing and overall polish of Apple's  products has tanked since Jobs' death...

Yes, you misunderstand, as how can you make a comment about 'Planned Obselesence' when you don't know the age of the OP's system? And yes, I am well aware of Jobs' habit of killing off old tech, and as someone who works in IT, I can say he has usually been right (burn I hell, 3.5-inch floppy!). The 'whirring' comment was about how the pre-release testing and overall polish of Apple's  products has tanked since Jobs' death...

Overall polish, you say?

*makes note*  Gold-plated everythings

:ninja:

Archived