What would it take for McCarron to Take Daltons job in 2016

What would it take for McCarron to take Daltons job for 2016?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What winning would be required?

• Win out the season but still lose playoff game
    • Win a playoff game
    • Win out season AND win a playoff game
    • Win 2 playoff games
    • Make it to Super Bowl
    • Win Super Bowl

I didn't read though the whole thread, but I think the real question is, if AJ plays great and Andy's ready for the first game of the playoffs, do you put him in?  Rust is a real thing and it could be risky playing the guy that hasn't played in 4+ weeks.

I didn't read though the whole thread, but I think the real question is, if AJ plays great and Andy's ready for the first game of the playoffs, do you put him in?  Rust is a real thing and it could be risky playing the guy that hasn't played in 4+ weeks.

Tough call. If Daton starts the playoff game, we could see rust or a beast let out of the cage.

I want to weigh in on this topic because I have thought it myself. First of all, AD has had a great year thus far and deserves respect for that. I root for him to do well every week and hope he goes 19-0 every year. But I'm going to throw my opinion in. Andy Dalton is soft. I'm not knocking the guy, it's just an observation. In my opinion, Dalton lacks that "win at any cost" gene. Some guys have it and some guys don't. Dalton doesn't have it. This will continue to show itself in crucial moments and big games. Dalton is a solid QB and can win games, but he isn't the kind of guy that a team can turn to when chips are down to make a big play to win a big game. AD has shown some flashes here and there but overall, he just doesn't have that make up. Does that mean McCarron is the guy? I don't know. I haven't seen him in a big pro game yet. All you guys can act like it doesn't exist, but we all know what we've seen the past 4 years. You can try to act like you don't feel it deep inside, but you know it's there. AD isn't "that guy."  Just like the past makes us question Marvin Lewis, it should make us question Andy Dalton, too.

So what will it take for McCarron to take take over for Dalton? I'm just some guy on the internet typing on a message board, but for me, he has to show the willingness to stand in the pocket and deliver under pressure. He has to show the ability to move in the pocket and extend plays. But most of all, he has to show the willingness on a 3rd down to lower his shoulder and pick up that 2 yards for the 1st down when the team needs a first down. If he does that, he is showing that he has what AD lacks ... toughness and the desire to win no matter what.

I respect that opinion.  

But I can't help but seeing guys like Corey Dillion,  Justin Smith, and Bobbie Williams get their rings after leaving the 'Nati (in Justin Smith's case, he's got the shot to at least go to a Superbowl,  he got to play with elite teams in the playoffs and a legit shot at the ring).   I can't help it---this just screams that to me,  and if it ultimately goes with the option that McCarreon is the better shot to get the ring as opposed to Dalton,  I believe karma, fate, or just dumb old luck would once again bite us in the ass just like it seems to have done before.    And then to twist the knife we find out that Dalton actually did have the winning factor or clutch factor, or winning factor--whatever the hell you call it---with some weird shit like Dalton goes to the Texans and leads them to at least a AFC title game where anything goes.

Maybe it's just me though...

this is true, i hear houston is in need of a QB, a nice homecoming story would be perfect. 

i just hope AJ does well, seeing us throw the ball downfield was fun to watch and would break the run game WIDE open..

eager for sunday

Gonna post tonight dream lander??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived