Why do people bash Foxnews?

whodey319

Fox news is constantly bashed by people on this site simply because the majority of people on there are republican. Yet no one says anything about all the other news channels being way left wing. It is 5 on 1 in major news channels: ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN vs Fox. As far as i know, there main newscasters are all american citizens (peter jennings) and no one has been fired because they decide to practice some bad journalism and release fake stories because their hatred is so deep (Dan Rather). If you dont like it dont watch it, and just shut the hell up. how stupid is it to actually bring a television channel into a political argument.

PS, i dont really watch any of these channels. I was just wondering

This bodes the question, what do you feel about which networks slant which way?

I think the 3 main network news are pretty nonbias, with the exception of some reporters but over not bad.

CNN - Left
FoxNews - Right
MSNBC - Depends on the time of day, some of the shows are blatenly left, some blatnly right... so i guess thats middle ground? :blink:

What do you guys think?

[quote name='whodey319' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:20 PM']Fox news is constantly bashed by people on this site simply because the majority of people on there are republican.  Yet no one says anything about all the other news channels being way left wing.  It is 5 on 1 in major news channels: ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN  vs Fox.  As far as i know, there main newscasters are all american citizens (peter jennings) and no one has been fired because they decide to practice some bad journalism and release fake stories because their hatred is so deep (Dan Rather).  If you dont like it dont watch it, and just shut the hell up.  how stupid is it to actually bring a television channel into a political argument.
PS, i dont really watch any of these channels.  I was just wondering
[right][post="129657"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Are you kidding me... The "Liberal Media" is bashed just as often. If you think its because they are "republicans", you must think every republican out there thinks the same way and is just a puppet.

stole the below snippet from maddox....(an equal opportunity hater if you read his stuff)

Liberal media: Whiny, bitching, cry-baby conservatives love to prattle on and on about the "liberal media." To be fair, except for FOX News (Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, John Gibson, Neil Cavuto, Steve Doocy, E.D. Hill, Brian Kilmeade, Brit Hume), Clear Channel, Laura Ingraham, Dr. Laura, Rush Limbaugh, Hugh Hewitt, Ann Coulter, Newsmax, G. Gordon Liddy, Michael Reagan, Michael Savage, The New York Post, Sinclair Broadcast Group (WLOS13, Fox 45, WTTO21, WB49, KGAN, WICD, WICS, WCHS, WVAH, WTAT, WSTR, WSYX, WTTE, WKEF, WRGT, KDSM, WSMH, WXLV, WURN, KVWB, KFBT, WDKY, WMSN, WVTV, WEAR, WZTV, KOTH, WYZZ, WPGH, WGME, WLFL, WRLH, WUHF, KABB, WGGB, WSYT, WTTA), David Horowitz, Rupert Murdoch, PAX, and MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, they're right.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:25 PM']This bodes the question, what do you feel about which networks slant which way?

I think the 3 main network news are pretty nonbias, with the exception of some reporters but over not bad.
ground?  :blink:
What do you guys think?
[right][post="129666"][/post][/right][/quote]

Sounds like something a liberal would say.
;)

Guest bengalrick
thats about right jaime... i'd through in cnbc as being slanted right though too.. Kudlow and Co. is definately right, and so is the Squawk Box (i don't watch either except on occasion)... and mad money (tight show) is all about stocks, and you have to consider that more of a conservative show, b/c of that... but really, its not about politics at all, besides politics that move the market..

Guest bengalrick
ben, most of what you mentioned are talk radio.. no question talk radio is right wing... besides fox and one msnbc show, the rest are either local affiliates or radio...

[quote name='Ben' date='Aug 12 2005, 05:31 PM']Sounds like something a liberal would say.
;)
[right][post="129673"][/post][/right][/quote]

aw crap.... Go Rush!!

(naw if you read any of my posts, while I make no bones about being a social conservative...most of the other stuff I’m pretty open about, some things I’m liberal some conservative)

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 12 2005, 05:32 PM']thats about right jaime... i'd through in cnbc as being slanted right though too.. Kudlow and Co. is definately right, and so is the Squawk Box (i don't watch either except on occasion)... and mad money (tight show) is all about stocks, and you have to consider that more of a conservative show, b/c of that... but really, its not about politics at all, besides politics that move the market..
[right][post="129675"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hmm also though, the Big Idea is pretty left.

Guest steggyD
I would say the whole media being liberal, or leftist is false. Of course, you find some news sources that lean heavily in that direction, but the same would be so for the left. NYTimes is not known as a conservative paper, for instance. And Fox news is known to lean heavily to the right (edit, oops). But as for the major networks and corporations, one would assume they would lean right (my bad), if any direction at all. Why? Because they are owned by corporations, which tend to enjoy company with the right (i'm a dummy) side. On the other hand, you have writers and reporters that probably tend to lean left, because artists do that. In the end, it would sort of balance out, right? Well, that's my crazy hypothesis.

Sorry, I had to go back and retype my lefts as rights...

Interesting question. Lots of people claim Fox News is right leaning, and a pupet of the Bush administration. I think the reason behind that is that the other networks are so far to the left that something in the middle looks like it's on the right.

The left can'r get away with saying and doing whatever they want anymore, and Fox News is a big reason behind that. But Fox is not a right leaning network. There are plenty of liberals on Fox. In fact there are more liberals on Fox than conservatives on the other networks.

Bill O'reilly has basically turned me off of fox news totally. When i do watch it seems they usually like to get some strawman liberal to put on the show, then gang up on him. Then they can say, "Seee! that what those liberals are up to". I must admit though, rarely watch cable/network news anymore...so i'm a little behind on the different biases. I get more than enough news just logging on here.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:36 PM']Hmm also though, the Big Idea is pretty left.
[right][post="129678"][/post][/right][/quote]

i hate that show :D

but yeah, it is left...

I agree with Jamie's assessment. I think the reason Fox gets the beat down it does is because it proclaims itself "Fair and Balanced", which it obviously isn't. The other networks don't have slogans proclaiming anything. In other words, Fox News has brought this on through marketing.

On the other hand, the "Fair and Balanced" slogan has definately brought many viewers to their network who may otherwise not switched from the "big 3" networks or CNN. I guess I'd be an example of this to a degree. My leanings politically are just slightly left, but when a big story is in progress, I will switch to Fox at least for a couple of minutes to see how their presenting the story. They're somewhat sensationalistic (is that a word), but also entertaining. When Sheppard Smith said blowjob instead of snow job when doing a story on J-Lo, it became classic TV.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Ben' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:39 PM']Bill O'reilly has basically turned me off of fox news totally.  When i do watch it seems they usually like to get some strawman liberal to put on the show, then gang up on him.  Then they can say, "Seee!  that what those liberals are up to". I must admit though,  rarely watch cable/network news anymore...so i'm a little behind on the different biases.  I get more than enough news just logging on here.
[right][post="129683"][/post][/right][/quote]

i'll be honest, when i first started watching his show, he was a right leaning moderate... now he seems like a right wing nut job... not sure what happened to him...

i say moderate b/c he is pro - gay marriage and anti death penalty... not sure if the death penalty makes him liberal at all, but imo it does... but he doesn't bring that up anymore...

i'm just flat out tired of seeign natalie fucking holloway in her cheerleader videos though :thumbsdown:

I used to watch all of them a lot, but it just seems to me that all these shows no matter who it is, just yell at each other and hardly ever have a intelligent discourse of ideas, I hate watching people yell at each other to get my news.... I get most of my news through the internet now.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:45 PM']I used to watch all of them a lot, but it just seems to me that all these shows no matter who it is, just yell at each other and hardly ever have a intelligent discourse of ideas, I hate watching people yell at each other to get my news.... I get most of my news through the internet now.
[right][post="129687"][/post][/right][/quote]
I get most of my news from you guys. I think I'm in trouble. :D

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:43 PM']i'll be honest, when i first started watching his show, he was a right leaning moderate... now he seems like a right wing nut job... not sure what happened to him...

i say moderate b/c he is pro - gay marriage and anti death penalty... not sure if the death penalty makes him liberal at all, but imo it does... but he doesn't bring that up anymore...

i'm just flat out tired of seeign natalie fucking holloway in her cheerleader videos though :thumbsdown:
[right][post="129686"][/post][/right][/quote]

I didnt mind him too much at first. I actually use to watch fox news a lot. I hate the way O'reilly once he starts losign an argument just acts like a little kid that was told to go to his room.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:46 PM']I get most of my news from you guys.  I think I'm in trouble. :D
[right][post="129689"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

yeah you are... :D

but keep listening and we'll brainwa... i mean better inform you :ninja:

Archived