God's Laws!

Guest CTBengalsFan

Guest CTBengalsFan
The eating of fat is prohibited forever. (Lev 3:17)

You cannot round the corners of your beard or the hair on your temples. (Lev 19:27)

Witches should be killed. (Ex 22:18)

Handicapped people could not approach God. Their presence would profane his sanctuary. (Lev 21:16-23) The blind, lame, injured, hunchbacks and dwarfs are specifically named. If anyone is left out, the catchall phrase "anyone with a blemish" is thrown in to cover them.

Entrance into the assembly of the Lord was granted only to those with complete testicles. (Duet 23:1)

Anyone working on the Sabbath is to be killed. (Ex 35:2)

Menstruating women and everything they touch are unclean. The only cure for this uncleanness was for the priest to kill a couple of pigeons. (Lev 15:19-30)

Homosexual men were to be executed. (Lev 20:13)

If a woman grabs a man's privates during a fight, her hand is to be cut off. (Duet 25:11,12)

False prophets are to be killed by their own parents. (Zech 13:3)

Stubborn children were to be stoned, and the stoning was to be instigated by their parents. (Duet 21:18-21)

However the following is allowed:

Slavery - Exodus 21 outlines the laws for ownership and trading of slaves. A man could sell his daughter to pay off a debt. You could beat your slave, almost to the point of death. Foreign slaves could be kept forever and willed to your descendants, whereas Hebrew slaves could only be kept for a maximum of seven years, although there were exceptions to this policy. Most of the faithful men of old had slaves.

Incest - For those of you who will not want to believe this, here are the words of Abraham himself: '"Besides she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."' (Genesis 20:12) So, Abraham and Sarah were half siblings, as well as a married couple. And let's not forget righteous Lot, who knocked up both of his daughters. By the way, doesn't it seem a little strange that God would outlaw incest, and then create a situation where incest is mandatory? Adam and Eve's children and Noah's grandchildren had no choice but to marry their siblings and cousins.

Genocide - In Dueteronomy chapter 7, God commands the Isrealites to 'utterly destroy' seven nations that were greater and mightier than they were. Joshua says that they did exactly as commanded. According to Joshua's census, the Isrealites numbered approximately 2.5 million. So, if the Bible is to be believed, the Hebrews extinquished seven nations numbering more than 17.5 million persons.

As well, there were several incidental holocausts along the way, such as the Midianites. In this case, the meek Moses became upset because the Israelites killed only the men, allowing the women and children to live. So, they went back and finished the job. When God commanded the Israelites to destroy the Amalekites (1 Samuel 15), he told them to kill, not only the men, women, and infants, but even the animals.

Polygamy - This one doesn't even require much backup. The list of faithful men of old who had multiple wives is virtually endless - Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, and many, many more. In addition to taking multiple wives, most of these men also took concubines, which are basically mistresses. This leads me into the next category.

Fornication - Most moral codes frown on this, but not the Bible. Numerous faithful men of old had concubines. Many of them impregnated their slaves. Lot, who was married, had sex with his daughters. Judah and Samson hired prostitutes.

Now, it seems to me that the Bible says, "Thou shalt not commit adultery". But, for some reason, this does not appear to include having multiple wives, keeping mistresses, visiting prostitutes, having your run of the slave girls, or selling your wife/sister to another man at a profit. So, how do you break this command?

Murder - Now, to be fair, the Bible does outlaw murder. However, it doesn't seem to enforce the penalty evenly. Moses killed an Egyptian, and Samson killed thirty innocent people, so that he could steal their clothes. Both of these men retained God's approval and blessing

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, since there was no reply to my little query, I'll tell you this....the really important part of the Bible comes in the section entitled "The New Testament." In this "New Testament" there is this Man Called Jesus and the one thing that Jesus believed in above all others was this crazy little thing called ..

L O V E

Times change my friend, and so do the People- but Love- true love is eternal and unbreakable, and it always wins.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='The Scales' date='Aug 23 2005, 09:52 AM']Ok, since there was no reply to my little query, I'll tell you this....the really important part of the Bible comes in the section entitled "The New Testament."  In this "New Testament" there is this Man Called Jesus and the one thing that Jesus believed in above all others was this thing called ..
  L O V E
Times change my friend, and so do the People- but Love- true love is eternal and unbreakable, and it always wins.
[right][post="136128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

these comments are all based on the old testiment...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='The Scales' date='Aug 23 2005, 11:17 AM'] :blink:
??
I don't understand your post rick, I can't tell if your being sarcastic or what.
[right][post="136182"][/post][/right][/quote]

i applauded your comments and said that the comments by ct (sorry i didn't imply that on my other post) were all based on the old testament...

i agree that the important parts of the bible imo, are mostly based on jesus and the new testament...

Guest BlackJesus

[i]“Had there been a Lunatic Asylum in the suburbs of Jerusalem, Jesus Christ would infallibly have been shut up in it at the outset of his public career. That interview with Satan on a pinnacle of the Temple would alone have damned him, and everything that happened after could have confirmed the diagnosis. The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a Lunatic Asylum.”[/i]
[b]--- Havelock Ellis[/b]

:headbang: :headbang:

[b]“Had there been a Lunatic Asylum in the suburbs of Jerusalem, Jesus Christ would infallibly have been shut up in it at the outset of his public career. That interview with Satan on a pinnacle of the Temple would alone have damned him, and everything that happened after could have confirmed the diagnosis. The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a Lunatic Asylum.”
--- Havelock Ellis[/b]

:(

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0375702245.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/img]

Dostoevsky already tackled this theme....your qoute sounds like it comes from someone who has read that book.....I can't argue with the truth in the quote, but it in no way diminishes the Message. Let me also add that Jesus Must have been very persuasive.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]One theory is actually that the disciples were relying on Drugs

In 1970 biblical scholar and Dead Sea Scroll expert John Allegro argued for the non-existence of Jesus Christ. Allegro's thesis associated notions of the Jesus with narcotic-induced visions. The hallucinatory plant in question was Amanita Muscaria (Fly-Agaric), the phallic mushroom, arguably used by early Christians. This could possibly explain why they would think a man was ascending or flying into the sky, or casting out imaginary demons.

[img]http://waynesword.palomar.edu/images/amanita5.jpg[/img]

For more read --- John Allegro, The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, 1970.[/b]

[b][i][color="blue"]= I just wish I could get a hit of that shit. Fear and Loathing in Jerusalem Bitches.[/color][/i][/b]
[img]http://www.dvdork.com/uploads/fearandloathing_02.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:09 PM']So was the old testament fiction, or just the offensive parts, or was God wrong the first time?
[right][post="136265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Of course it wasn't, the point of the OT is to show what was happening BEFORE the Birth and Death of Jesus, not that God was wrong, just to show how important the life and Death of Jesus was in relation to how it changed the world. Grace is the point here. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img] Also, if you read Revelation there is some pretty heavy stuff going on in there and thats New Testament.

But I digress, this thread will go the way every religous thread goes on this board...those who dont believe will tell you that Jesus didnt exist ect., and those who do will tell you he did ect.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:18 PM']But I digress, this thread will go the way every religous thread goes on this board...those who dont believe will tell you that Jesus didnt exist ect., and those who do will tell you he did ect.
[right][post="136273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think a man named Jesus existed. He may have been a dirty liberal, but he existed. The only thing that could make this thread more of a flamewar is .......gwb.......

[quote name='Ben' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:21 PM']I think a man named Jesus existed.  He may have been a dirty liberal, but he existed. The only thing that could make this thread more of a flamewar is .......gwb.......
[right][post="136274"][/post][/right][/quote]

naw he was a peace loving hippy. :P

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Of course it wasn't, the point of the OT is to show what was happening BEFORE the Birth and Death of Jesus,[/quote]

[i][b]that's funny a whole other group of people the Jews who wrote the damn thing think that it is the Bible.... they think that a nutcase came along later and tried to co opt their old bible by making up his own bullshit version and saying to disregard the early stuff....

kind of like Waco leader David Koresh tried to tell us to disregard the New Testament and follow him

Luckily for us we burned his silly ass and nobody but the kooks thought anything of it....

but 2,000 years ago, schizophrenics were the things of legend, and we let them start religions.[/b][/i]

Love is all you need.

[i]The Beatles[/i]

And Black, the Mushroom theory? Come on..

I'm not trying to convince someone over the internet, you can believe what you want to believe.

I only stated what i Believe.

I've said what i needed to say, The Scales is done with this thread. :headbang:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]I only stated what i Believe.

[i][b]I've said what i needed to say, The Scales is done with this thread.[/quote]

No don't run away....

dammit, the Church people never stay around long enough for me to even get to my good material[/b][/i] ;)

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:25 PM'][i][b]that's funny a whole other group of people the Jews who wrote the damn thing think that it is the Bible.... they think that a nutcase came along later and tried to co opt their old bible by making up his own bullshit version and saying to disregard the early stuff....

kind of like Waco leader David Koresh tried to tell us to disregard the New Testament and follow him

Luckily for us we burned his silly ass and nobody but the kooks thought anything of it....

but 2,000 years ago, schizophrenics were the things of legend, and we let them start religions.[/b][/i]
[right][post="136277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://content.cafepress.com/si/477854.feature06.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:18 PM']Of course it wasn't, the point of the OT is to show what was happening BEFORE the Birth and Death of Jesus, not that God was wrong, just to show how important the life and Death of Jesus was in relation to how it changed the world. Grace is the point here.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]   Also, if you read Revelation there is some pretty heavy stuff going on in there and thats New Testament.

But I digress, this thread will go the way every religous thread goes on this board...those who dont believe will tell you that Jesus didnt exist ect., and those who do will tell you he did ect.
[right][post="136273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sorry Jamie, I don't get what you're saying.

Was the stuff CT posted true before Jesus was born, but no longer true after he was born?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:09 PM']So was the old testament fiction, or just the offensive parts, or was God wrong the first time?
[right][post="136265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

your getting into perspective and alot of religious implications that many on hear will have their heads explode when i say it, but i will anyways... keep in mind, i believe that the bible is supposed to be interpretted by the one reading it, not by everyone telling you what you should read... but i'll explain my point of view:

i believe that what the world became, isn't what God wanted... he isn't a forgiving God by himself... i thnk that he commands fear... and had little patience... he had strict rules like only certain people could step into the temples, sacraficing lambs, etc. and if you didn't follow the strict rules, then you weren't blessed to go to heaven... jesus was necessary, to take the burden off his shoulders, and allow us to sin and be forgiven... this is a matter of perception, b/c i feel that God (Jesus) is inside all that believe he is there...

religion for me, is a check on myself... another check... i consider my conscience is kind of like Jesus inside me... it is also something to live for in the future... i don't want to die, and be stuck on this earth for the rest of my life... i'd liek to believe, there is something more... living here for the rest of my life, would be my hell...

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:34 PM']Sorry Jamie, I don't get what you're saying.

Was the stuff CT posted true before Jesus was born, but no longer true after he was born?
[right][post="136294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No the OT (I assume thats what you meant) stuff was true and the laws of how you were supposed to live in order to be "in complience" with God ect, however the B&D of JC changed that. Thats all I meant. The OT is kind of the backstory if you will.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:36 PM']your getting into perspective and alot of religious implications that many on hear will have their heads explode when i say it, but i will anyways... keep in mind, i believe that the bible is supposed to be interpretted by the one reading it, not by everyone telling you what you should read... but i'll explain my point of view:

[b]i believe that what the world became, isn't what God wanted... he isn't a forgiving God by himself... i thnk that he commands fear... and had little patience... he had strict rules like only certain people could step into the temples, sacraficing lambs, etc. and if you didn't follow the strict rules, then you weren't blessed to go to heaven... jesus was necessary, to take the burden off his shoulders, and allow us to sin and be forgiven... this is a matter of perception, b/c i feel that God (Jesus) is inside all that believe he is there...[/b]

religion for me, is a check on myself... another check... i consider my conscience is kind of like Jesus inside me... it is also something to live for in the future... i don't want to die, and be stuck on this earth for the rest of my life... i'd liek to believe, there is something more... living here for the rest of my life, would be my hell...
[right][post="136299"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

What he said.

Guest BlackJesus
[u]Money under your bed[/u]

There's a million dollars under your bed! Yes really. Go look; I'll wait.
Huh, that's weird. Did you look really hard? Are you sure? Maybe you should try again, and look really, really hard this time.

Hmmm, did you look under the carpet? Well, you gotta look under the carpet. I know what I said; but under the carpet under the bed is still under the bed.
Nothing? You can't just feel for lumps; it could be in large bills spread out in a thin layer. You've got to pull up the carpet. Hey, with a million dollars you can get a new carpet, right?

I don't think you're putting enough effort into this. You're going to have to tear up the floor too. Of course I'm sure it's there; It says so right here on this old treasure map. Can you prove the map's a forgery? I didn't think so.
Well of course you have to dig: it's buried treasure, isn't it? You always have to dig for buried treasure. Everybody knows that. Are you stupid or something?
Deeper.

Okay mister know-it-all, prove there's no treasure. See, you can't! It's an irrational claim. You'd have to dig all the way to China. You do believe in China don't you? Have you ever seen China? See, everybody believes in things they've never seen, so keep digging.
Deeper!

I had some of the dirt analyzed. There are minute traces of gold. You must be getting close. No, it can't be natural; if gold just occurred naturally we'd all be rich, now wouldn't we.
Deeper!!

This guy I know took the dirt sample you sent me, calculated the trace amount of gold per cubic foot, then calculated the total volume of a column of dirt the size of your bed stretching all the way to the other side of the earth, then made some adjustments for increased gold density near the core, and viola! scientific proof that there's a million dollars in gold under your bed! Isn't that great?
You can't stop now, you're so close. What are you so mad about? Look at what great shape you got in from all that digging! Surely that's worth a million dollars right there. I think you really believe that gold is there anyway. Why else would you have dug that hole? I think that you're just afraid that if you keep digging you'll find gold. Why do you hate money so much? Are you some sort of communist?

Okay, that's it, me and some of my friends are going to come over and make you dig. I will not stay out of your bedroom! Your rights? What about my rights? It's totally unfair for you to deny me the right to that gold just because you don't believe it's there. Or rather, claim to not believe it's there: I think you're really just lazy.

Why are you running around telling people there is no gold under your bed? That's just more proof that deep down you really know it's there. If you really didn't believe there was any gold there it would never occur to you to mention it. After all, nobody runs around saying "There's no Santa Claus buried under my bed." You only have to deny the Gold because you know it's true.
You agoldists are such hypocrites. You talk about tolerance and rights, and then persecute those of us who just want to be left alone to make you dig under your bed. My congressman is going to hear about this.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:36 PM']he had strict rules like only certain people could step into the temples, sacraficing lambs, etc. and if you didn't follow the strict rules, then you weren't blessed to go to heaven... jesus was necessary, to take the burden off his shoulders, and allow us to sin and be forgiven...
[right][post="136299"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

So God realized he was doing it wrong, and changed it?

I don't go to church.

(Although i should)

I was never forced to go to church as a child, so i never went.

I've come to this state of mind through all the experiences in my life, because wether i've realized it or not i've always been searching for meaning, for god, for the holy spirit. If you haven't found him, then you haven't been looking.

I've done my thread stirring for the day, so yes BLACK i'm "Running Away."

Backer, i hope you get it someday, even if it's on your deathbed, it still counts.

Archived