God's Laws!

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:41 PM']So God realized he was doing it wrong, and changed it?
[right][post="136306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I know where your going with this, but thats not really the idea. (Meaning if he knew what he was doing was wrong, then he cant be a perfect God right?)

How about he was a perfect God because he knew you cant have the NT without the OT and grace cant exist without sin. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Anyway, this will be a circular argument like they always are with these religous threads so Im going to go the way of Scales and leave it to you guys.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='The Scales' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:42 PM']I don't go to church.

(Although i should)

I was never forced to go to church as a child, so i never went.

I've come to this state of mind through all the experiences in my life, because wether i've realized it or not i've always been searching for meaning, for god, for the holy spirit.  If you haven't found him, then you haven't been looking.
I've done my thread stirring for the day, so yes BLACK i'm "Running Away."
[right][post="136309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If you need, and search for meaning, you're likely to accept anything that fills that need. Look at all the different religions and crazy cults.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:44 PM']I know where your going with this, but thats not really the idea. (Meaning if he knew what he was doing was wrong, then he cant be a perfect God right?)

How about he was a perfect God because he knew you cant have the NT without the OT and grace cant exist without sin.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]
[right][post="136312"][/post][/right][/quote]

If that makes sense to you, I guess I'm happy for you. :)

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:41 PM']So God realized he was doing it wrong, and changed it?
[right][post="136306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i don't think God controls anything... imo, he was the creater and didn't like what he created... so yes, he tried to change it...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:50 PM']i don't think God controls anything... imo, he was the creater and didn't like what he created... so yes, he tried to change it...
[right][post="136319"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I thought God was omnipotent. And infallible.

Rick, i agree control is not the right word. "Influence" is better. Both sides influence...man chooses.

And Backer I can't think of anything more sad than a life that was lived and had no meaning. And i'm done responding to you because it's obvious that you are playing the role of Devils Advocate with a smile on your face, Or your just clueless; either way it's hopeless. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SUCK ME BACK IN?

SCALES OUT.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:52 PM']I thought God was omnipotent. And infallible.
[right][post="136323"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

God is what you make of him... i believe in him, but don't think that he really listens to my prayers necessarily... i believe that by me asking, i present (to myself) my goals, and it helps me focus to reach them...

my whole point is this BB... i'm glad that you can get through life w/out a greater purpose or trying to figure out why you are here... when i'm by myself sometimes, i look at my hands and arms and just wonder "what the hell am i doing here" "how did i get here" "what is this place that i live it"... these are puzzling questions to me, and the only answer that makes any sense to me, is i was placed here for a reason, and i should try to find that reason...

i like debating this w/ you, b/c you don't seem to "hate" religious people... you don't agree w/ us, but i have a feeling that you did at some point, and at least somewhat understand us... bj seems like he literally hates religion and religious people and really wants to kill God in general...

Collectively we...along with everything else in the universe...are god. We are all parts of the same whole. Scales was right about love...it is the only thing. False belief in separation and sin are what keeps you from attaining it. Religion, all religions are the passing down of what someone else tells you you should believe. Look inside yourself, listen to your heart, examine what makes you feel good and right and its ALWAYS love. The paradigm is changing. It will become more and more apparent to all.

Archived