Stealers get Bengals in playoffs, and Marcus Gilbert is 'very excited'

Why do people overlook the fact that the Bengals beat the Stealers once already this year, and that was with a healthy Roethlisberger??? Stealers beat the Bengals going against a QB who had thrown about 3 passes in his career??

That's cool. For once, let the Stealers get all cocky and the Bengals stay quiet.

Why do people overlook the fact that the Bengals beat the Stealers once already this year, and that was with a healthy Roethlisberger??? Stealers beat the Bengals going against a QB who had thrown about 3 passes in his career??

That's cool. For once, let the Stealers get all cocky and the Bengals stay quiet.

And why do people like Jeremy Fuckface Fowler bring up Dalton being 0-4 in the playoffs and not mention that the stealers are winless in the same stretch? How many analysts will retort that the stealers haven't won a playoff game in the last 4 seasons either? Hint: 0

Not sure why everyone is so worried about the last steeler game.  Big Ben had zero TD passes, and Brown had under 100.  This time we will have Jones on the field.  And while it appeared they dominated, it's mainly due to the Pick 6 and the Dalton Pick.  The D looked pretty solid in that one if you asked me.  I like our chances against the Stealers as long as we protect the football.   How sweet would it be to beat these bums with our Back up QB in the playoffs.

Red Zone TO hurt.    Pick Six hurt.       Lost in the shuffle was our coaching staff gave them 6 points, IMO.

They had the ball in a long FG attempt.   The final two plays of the drive were McCarron incompletes then a resulting 54 yard missed FG.   With the way the Stealers were converting 3rds at that point in the game it was handing them 3.    Should have smashed Hill/Gio into the line to at the very least get an easier FG attempt.

The second was at the end of the first half.   Another opportunity to smash Hill/Gio.    Instead they throw and fail to get the first but keep clock running. 

This thought process is exactly why the Bengals lost the last time.  Emotion and trying to hurt people is the Stealers way.  If they play the Stealers way they will lose again.  I hope Jones, Burfict and the rest of them realize this and ignore this crap.

Yes your full out right. Calm and focused teams have always given Stealers a difficult time. Dre and Jones need to focus and not get ejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, I feel the same way. Difference is that I feel the weak link is Marvin. Different coordinators, different QB's,home, away, same result. A team feeds off their leader, and this particular leader pisses down his leg when the chips are down. 

TLDR, you'll still be around... 

Gotta agree, ML is completely responsible for this team and it has taken on his montra for better or worse. Has his "poise above all" stripped the team of emotion past the stupid short term emotion that results in penalties? This is Marvin's career/signature game in my opinion, he better have his guys ready for it, in a smart way and if not move on to another position or even team, IMO.

We are better on paper (I agree with the rah-rah posters here), time to step up in the lights of prime time and do it for real.

If not now it's never as far as I'm concerned.

Archived