stealers favored by 2.5 points Saturday night

a few weeks of game film? he has played half the season.

all of his picks were touched be receivers hands. his play was not the issue.

i think you are looking at this backwords.

manning came in and handed the ball off a bunch of times, through a few sketchy ass short passes, and walked off with the W..

wanna know why? leadership, osweiler is andy dalton, quiet, lacks respect, says faggy ass shit like *in bitch voice* "cmon guys lets go out there and just play together and have some fun and win together" and "cmon guys we all just need to calm down, i need to calm down too" and never ever takes blame for shit.

now what have the PLAYERS said about mccarron?

Marvin Jones: "...He's a playmaker. He's a natural leader. You can't win national championships not being a leader..."

Marvin Jones: ""We trust that AJ is going to come in and do what he has to do,"

AJ Green: "...He's a winner. He went to Alabama, so he's used to the big stage, and I think he'll be ready.""

Pacman: "The guy's a winner," ..."The only thing you can say about him is that he's a winner..."

Whit: ""He's played at the University of Alabama and won as many games he's won, I don't think there's a moment ever too big for him,"

Pacman: "McCarron looks really good," ... "The other guys have their spurts, but he's got the 'it' factor. The kid's a winner. You can tell he's been working on his ball strength from last year and this year. You can never underestimate the 'it' factor, regardless of what anybody says. It's the difference between winning some games and being champion. That's my opinion."

Eddie Lacy: “Coach (Nick Saban) put a lot on him,” ..... “He came out and never let the pressure get to him. He led the team when things weren’t going too good, he’d come up and say what he had to say to get everybody motivated and he made the plays that were there. He pretty much took charge.”

cant find who said it, was either a scout or media guy said something along the lines of "he walked out there and took charge of the offense and became a leader and had everyone following his lead, something andy dalton is yet to accomplish in 4+ years as the starter"

Pacman: “You can tell a winner when you’re around one,”

Whitworth: “We weren’t really worried about him being prepared,” veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth said. “We knew he would come in and know exactly what we needed to do and understand the plays and formations." ...... “I think AJ, like I’ve said all along, has a very unique presence to him."

Dalton upside: experience and reps with offense

McCannon upside: can not only make the throws, but also has the balls to make the throws, doesnt tinkle in his pants.

im ready to beat the fucking Stealers this weekend

This!  People will realize, Saturday....IF the coaches let him play his game.  I am afraid he is going to be handcuffed by them.

a few weeks of game film? he has played half the season.

all of his picks were touched be receivers hands. his play was not the issue.

i think you are looking at this backwords.

manning came in and handed the ball off a bunch of times, through a few sketchy ass short passes, and walked off with the W..

wanna know why? leadership, osweiler is andy dalton, quiet, lacks respect, says faggy ass shit like *in bitch voice* "cmon guys lets go out there and just play together and have some fun and win together" and "cmon guys we all just need to calm down, i need to calm down too" and never ever takes blame for shit.

now what have the PLAYERS said about mccarron?

Marvin Jones: "...He's a playmaker. He's a natural leader. You can't win national championships not being a leader..."

Marvin Jones: ""We trust that AJ is going to come in and do what he has to do,"

AJ Green: "...He's a winner. He went to Alabama, so he's used to the big stage, and I think he'll be ready.""

Pacman: "The guy's a winner," ..."The only thing you can say about him is that he's a winner..."

Whit: ""He's played at the University of Alabama and won as many games he's won, I don't think there's a moment ever too big for him,"

Pacman: "McCarron looks really good," ... "The other guys have their spurts, but he's got the 'it' factor. The kid's a winner. You can tell he's been working on his ball strength from last year and this year. You can never underestimate the 'it' factor, regardless of what anybody says. It's the difference between winning some games and being champion. That's my opinion."

Eddie Lacy: “Coach (Nick Saban) put a lot on him,” ..... “He came out and never let the pressure get to him. He led the team when things weren’t going too good, he’d come up and say what he had to say to get everybody motivated and he made the plays that were there. He pretty much took charge.”

cant find who said it, was either a scout or media guy said something along the lines of "he walked out there and took charge of the offense and became a leader and had everyone following his lead, something andy dalton is yet to accomplish in 4+ years as the starter"

Pacman: “You can tell a winner when you’re around one,”

Whitworth: “We weren’t really worried about him being prepared,” veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth said. “We knew he would come in and know exactly what we needed to do and understand the plays and formations." ...... “I think AJ, like I’ve said all along, has a very unique presence to him."

Dalton upside: experience and reps with offense

McCannon upside: can not only make the throws, but also has the balls to make the throws, doesnt tinkle in his pants.

im ready to beat the fucking Stealers this weekend

I agree with you about him not being afraid of the moment but 3 games is not half a season. I prefer Andy's experience. I think AJ can be as good if not better than Andy but he's not there yet.

Spread holding steady at 2.5, while the other three road teams are still favorites, as well.  Strange.

I don't think Green Bay hurt themselves one bit with their loss to Minnesota Sunday night.  Yes, the Vikings can print division winner tee shirts, but the Packers would have hosted Seattle had they won.  As it is, Minnesota hosts Seattle and is a 4.5 point underdog, while the Packers head to Washington and are favored to win.  Nice "reward" for winning the division.

Dre Kirkpatrick offered unique insight into the difference in mindset this week which I thought was interesting.

"Obviously it was more personal and we went out there with the wrong mindset," he said. "We approached the game wrong. As an athlete and professional, only talking about myself. I had the wrong attitude going into the game. I’m all smiles this week. Great opportunity in front of us. Great opportunity to play against a team that beat us in our hometown. We just got to go out there and keep fighting." 

Some pretty nice perspective. 

This!  People will realize, Saturday....IF the coaches let him play his game.  I am afraid he is going to be handcuffed by them.

I was listening to NFL radio on the way in, and Ross Tucker and Mark Dominik (who aren't Adam Schein type blowhards) were discussing how they thought that McCarron wasn't throwing down field because the coaches figured that we were better than (mainly) the '9ers and Ravens and could beat them playing it really conservative, and were simply playing it close to the vest.  Not sure how to explain the second half in Denver, but they seemed pretty confident this was the case...  I hope so.

The weather is going to be the shit...but the field quality will be the same for both sides. 

Run the ball...sure. Keeps them off the field. But they also have no speed in their secondary...and with the added footing factor, they will be susceptible deep. 

I feel good about this game. The team needs to prove they want to get the monkey off their back. Pittsburgh is the 6th seed, we are the 3rd team. They barely squeeked into the playoffs, we have had our ticket for weeks. Yet they are favored. AJ MC has played well over the past 3 weeks. He was a monster in Denver for the first half against the best defense in the league. I think he will be fine. Yes he is less experienced than the rapist, but the rapist is getting old and isnt the same as he was even a few years ago.

If AJ MC had more reps of course we would be sitting great, but leaders have to be able to lead at a moments notice. I think he has that and we'll see come Saturday night.

Agreed. Ben has made a career out of burning teams, including the Bengals, on broken plays. Bengals need to go schoolyard the instant the Stealers do, but the fact that Ben has lost a step could make the difference.

Archived