Wild Card injury discussion

Like Go said, I don't know why anyone is clinging to the notion that Dalton will play. He won't. For whatever reason I'm not that worried about it. McCarron has played well enough and will do so again. I don't think AJ is going to have the mental block playing the Stealers that Dalton might have, plus I'm sure he wants to pay them back and play better than his first outing when he was thrust into the game without preparation. 

We can beat these guys. I am praying for a decent outing by McCarron, Hill and Gio, no stupid timeouts by Marvin, no bad penalties that cost us drives and for the defense to pick Ben off a couple times.

We also MUST contain Heath Miller. Guy has like 20 catches for a bunch of yards on us in the two games this season. We HAVE to find a solution for that.

Contain Heath Miller is an accurate goal.    I don't think it's realistic to cover him so well that he doesn't get targets or receptions.    You have to tackle and keep his average low.

Given that he's not the 1st or 2nd worry in big play threats and that his timing his so good with Ben that it will be hard to shut him down.   Limit his damage after the catch and don't let him loose down the field. 

How about Fat Pat...is he not injured? Realizing that 3/4 of the time we will be in nickel packages once their run gets stopped, but will need to have someone else to help stop it.

Fat Pat played a great all round game at Denver.  getting pressure up middle on pass rush,  hustled behind plays to make tackles in the vflat and downfield.  plus, is it me or does he look not as fat?

Fowler later tweeted that:

DeAngelo Williams missed his second straight practice with a foot injury.  Save a Friday practice appearance, Williams' status less than ideal for Stealers.  Williams was rehabbing while the team practiced.

Calls his chances of playing at best 50-50. 

Fowler later tweeted that:

DeAngelo Williams missed his second straight practice with a foot injury.  Save a Friday practice appearance, Williams' status less than ideal for Stealers.  Williams was rehabbing while the team practiced.

Calls his chances of playing at best 50-50. 

And if he does play, I think you can count on Burfict to put some hot sauce on that ankle...

Scratch that. Now Jeremy fuckface Fowler is reporting that the Stealers "don't plan to play Williams but he's not officially OUT"

Good.    The thing I worry about when a key player is announced out before gameday is the defense relaxing.    I hope our guys go into the game thinking the best they have will be out there.

DW was a great find for them.    That guy really stresses our LB core because he can make big runs even when the lanes are clogged. 

DW also had cutback ability which adds more pressure to a defense.

I have said all season that DW is no drop off from Bell. Some say that he is in pass catching, but I don't think so there either, at least much.

And, yes, the cutback has burnt us from a few RBs. DW, Charles, Gordon.....

Scratch that. Now Jeremy fuckface Fowler is reporting that the Stealers "don't plan to play Williams but he's not officially OUT"

Fuckface is working for Tomlin. 

Tomlin: Keep them guessing, Fuckface. Tell them DW may play, but not really. Tell them Jen's thumb might have to come off. Unleash hell.....Fuckface!

Fuckface is working for Tomlin. 

Tomlin: Keep them guessing, Fuckface. Tell them DW may play, but not really. Tell them Jen's thumb might have to come off. Unleash hell.....Fuckface!

LOL.. I hope he does dress.. Obviously he in nowhere near 100%, and likely would just be a hindrance to them if he did.. I would love to see him try and tough it out.. Let Burfict put some hot sauce on that ankle...

Archived