Messages to our Coordinators and Coaches

Any messages messages you'd like to give to our coaches?

Hue:

• Let's limit the motion before the snap.  I get that you're probably trying to see how the D lines up so you can call things later in the game, but I'm not so sure it's worth the timeout we're going to inevitably use because the play clock it running down
  • About that swing pass to Gio...keep that one for next year.  I know it may work 5% of the time, but it's probably not worth the risk of him being broken in half
  • Speaking of Gio, try not to have him pass protect if there's a 250b LB blitzing...let's try to use someone a little bigger if at all possible
  • Can we not run any empty sets?  My memory may be bad, but they don't seem to be too successful for us
  • That WR screen that Denver runs so well seems a little more risky when we run it...if there's press coverage, let's audible out of that one
  • If we're in FG range to tie or take the lead near the end of the half or near the end of the game, let's go ahead and bleed the clock a little
  • Every time there's a pass play called, and there are less than 8 in the box, if it's a reasonable down and distance can we audible to a running play?
  • Tell Mo to hand the ball off at least once if we run the wildcat, I don't think the D will expect that one

Any messages messages you'd like to give to our coaches?

Hue:

• Let's limit the motion before the snap.  I get that you're probably trying to see how the D lines up so you can call things later in the game, but I'm not so sure it's work the timeout we're going to inevitably use because the play clock it running down
  • About that swing pass to Gio...keep that one for next year.  I know it may work 5% of the time, but it's probably not worth the risk of him being broken in half
  • Speaking of Gio, try not to have him pass protect if there's a 250b LB blitzing...let's try to use someone a little bigger if at all possible
  • Can we not run any empty sets?  My memory may be bad, but they don't seem to be too successful for us
  • That WR screen that Denver runs so well seems a little more risky when we run it...if there's press coverage, let's audible out of that one
  • If we're in FG range to tie or take the lead near the end of the half or near the end of the game, let's go ahead and bleed the clock a little
  • Every time there's a pass play called, and there are less than 8 in the box, if it's a reasonable down and distance can we audible to a running play?
  • Tell Mo to hand the ball off at least once if we run the wildcat, I don't think the D will expect that one

1. they are more trying to disguise where the screen pass is going to be thrown

2. lol see above

3. you don't get a memo of whos blitzing before the play starts, could be a corner, a 180 lbs libebacker, no one, impossible request.

4. memory also bad, no comment either way. in theory tho, someone should be open right?

5. see #1

6. you aren't wrong, per se, but, if you can score in one play or are trying to score, the clock shouldn't be a factor, tryin to score 7 instead of 3 is.

7. no

8. lol, I was thinking the same thing. they do worry about him passing tho and everyone who should, still drops back in pass coverage.

I would add:

• stop playing pussy ball, throw the ball, first play I want sanu and eifert on short crosses and jones and green on opposite sides doing deep, throw to whichever one doesn't have safety help.
  • spot calling a pussy ass bitch game, we came out smoking against Denver, led long, successful prosperous drives, then sat on our hands, and sat on our hands all day sunday.. sat on our hands all second half in SF.
  • its going to take 30 points to beat Pittsburgh, lets get working on those points early.. eh?
  • a steelers player need to be the first one injured, and then another, and maybe another.. if they are going to win, id prefer they have no chance of winning when they come here (Denver) the following week. ONE of the teams I follow have to beat these cunts.
  • double brown... or something..

1. they are more trying to disguise where the screen pass is going to be thrown

I'm talking about when they have 4 linemen split wide, then they all motion back to the LOS, then a TE motions to the wrong side and we have to use a time out.  Hell of a disguise.  

2. lol see above

3. you don't get a memo of whos blitzing before the play starts, could be a corner, a 180 lbs libebacker, no one, impossible request.

True, but 2nd or 3rd and long we can guess.  The extra protection won't hurt and you can still have Gio in, maybe have him motion out of the backfield and keep a TE in to help block

4. memory also bad, no comment either way. in theory tho, someone should be open right?

5. see #1

6. you aren't wrong, per se, but, if you can score in one play or are trying to score, the clock shouldn't be a factor, tryin to score 7 instead of 3 is.

Agree we should score when we can, but if we can take 40 or 80 seconds off of the clock near the end of the game...why not?  Gives Ben less time for his Joe Montanan moment

7. no

8. lol, I was thinking the same thing. they do worry about him passing tho and everyone who should, still drops back in pass coverage.

I would add:

• stop playing pussy ball, throw the ball, first play I want sanu and eifert on short crosses and jones and green on opposite sides doing deep, throw to whichever one doesn't have safety help.
  • spot calling a pussy ass bitch game, we came out smoking against Denver, led long, successful prosperous drives, then sat on our hands, and sat on our hands all day sunday.. sat on our hands all second half in SF.
  • its going to take 30 points to beat Pittsburgh, lets get working on those points early.. eh?
  • a steelers player need to be the first one injured, and then another, and maybe another.. if they are going to win, id prefer they have no chance of winning when they come here (Denver) the following week. ONE of the teams I follow have to beat these cunts.

I whole heartedly agree with all of this... It's put up or shut up time. McCarron has proven he can sling the ball... Let him.

I should feel bad for saying this but considering the dirty history of the Steelers I don't.... If they leave here with a win, I want them so decimated it is their last!

• a Stealers player need to be the first one injured, and then another, and maybe another.. if they are going to win, id prefer they have no chance of winning when they come here (Denver) the following week. ONE of the teams I follow have to beat these cunts.

The first bullet point could fix the second.  

The first bullet point could fix the second.  

i like your style, sir.

Wow, entries from 2 folks I haven't seen around much in quite a while...and in the same thread no less.  Good stuff.  Where's BJ and Beotch?

indeed. finally something to enjoy on the field again.. its been a lot of fun watching lately... and i had said everything i needed to say on the other topic around here, so unlike the bengals big game performances, i was tired of repeating myself.  :)

I would add:

• a Stealers player need to be the first one injured, and then another, and maybe another.. if they are going to win, id prefer they have no chance of winning when they come here (Denver) the following week. ONE of the teams I follow have to beat these cunts.

love every word of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Don't wait until after the game to think about making adjustments.
  • Don't let Heath Miller kill us all game long and do nothing about it.
  • Put pressure on Big Baby up the middle. I noticed we like blitzing from the outside and we seem to miss and give him extra time and gaps to run out.
  • Go for the kill don't sit back and wait to see what the Stealers give us.

3rd down pass defense. Defenders need to stop covering a receiver only to stop at a given yard line to play zone, with the assumption they have backside help. Communication has got to be better. Can't stand getting burned by wide open receivers on must convert situations for them. If it's almost certainly a pass, isn't the softest defense allowable zone read? Even if you're playing zone, you read the play and cover appropriately? I'd swear I've seen read zone defense. They've got a guy off the line, and just drop him to play zone.

Archived