PIT.png at CIN.png

No. 6 Pittsburgh (10-6) at No. 3 Cincinnati (12-4)
Saturday, January 9, 8:15 p.m. ET (CBS)

I have a confession to make, I was at the game the last time the Bengals won in the playoffs. I think I ate some nachos. I definitely didn't have any beer, because I was only 8 at the time, and even Ohio doesn't let 8-year-olds drink, which I think is the only drinking law the state has. I'd show you pictures of that day at Riverfront Stadium, but my parents didn't take any because I was an ugly kid and they didn't want to waste any film on me, which I can't really argue with.

The point is I've watched a lot of Bengals playoff games and I've expected them to lose pretty much every single one. For instance, last year, I picked them to lose to the Colts and then they lost to the Colts because basically that's all they do in the playoffs is lose.

These girls probably weren't even alive for the last Bengals playoff win. (Instagram/DaniRose013)
These girls probably weren't even alive for the last Bengals playoff win. (Instagram/DaniRose013)

If you've lost track of all the Bengals playoff losses, which is easy to do, especially recently, they're 0-6 since 2005 and haven't won a postseason game since Jan. 6, 1991.

The guy who will likely be starting at quarterback for the Bengals this week, AJ McCarron, was a 4-month old baby when Cincy won its last playoff game.

The crazy thing here is the Bengals' best chance at a playoff win in 10 years is going to come Saturday. For one, everyone's expecting them to lose, so there's less pressure. Most important though, the Bengals are more talented than the Stealers at almost every position. Ben Roethlisberger is definitely better than McCarron and Antonio Brown is slightly better than A.J. Green. Other than that, the Bengals have an advantage at almost every other position.

Also, the fact McCarron is starting on Saturday isn't the worst thing in the world. The former Alabama quarterback played in two national title games in college, so there's no way the spotlight's going to be too big for him, which sometimes happens to the Bengals' other quarterback, but I won't mention any names.

Finally, let's not forget the Bengals aren't the only ones who have been struggling in the playoffs. Since Andy Dalton's rookie year, he's not the only one who doesn't have a playoff win, the Stealers haven't won a postseason game since 2011 either.

The Bengals will win or go down in flames and lose by three touchdowns. If that second one happens, you might as well move the Bengals to Los Angeles because I'm not sure Cincinnati would be able to emotionally handle them anymore.

The Pick: Bengals 23-20 over Stealers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25438541/nfl-wild-card-playoff-picks-packers-stun-redskins-bengals-end-drought

Stealers at Bengals

MDS’s take: If Andy Dalton were healthy for this game, I’d pick the Bengals and I wouldn’t think twice about it: Yes, Dalton has struggled in the postseason, but he was off to an excellent start this season before suffering a thumb injury. Unfortunately for the Bengals, it looks like Dalton will sit and AJ McCarron will start. That’s a rough break, as McCarron did not play well in the Bengals’ loss to the Stealers in December. I expect McCarron to struggle and Ben Roethlisberger to play well, as the Bengals lose yet another wild card game.

MDS’s pick: Stealers 28, Bengals 20.

Florio’s take: It’s Round Three between the Stealers and the Bengals, just like 10 years ago. That time, the Stealers knocked out quarterback Carson Palmer on the home team’s first play from scrimmage, paving the way for a win. This time, the Stealers already have dispensed with Andy Dalton, who broke a thumb while making a tackle after an interception. While the “nothing to lose” mentality could help the Bengals and backup A.J. McCarron, the Stealers already have spent a week staring into the abyss of having their season end after not going all out in Baltimore. On Saturday night, Pittsburgh throws Cincinnati into the pit.

Florio’s pick: Stealers 27, Bengals 20.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/07/pfts-wild-card-picks-5/

The Pittsburgh Stealers find themselves in familiar territory, squeezing into the playoffs as the sixth seed and challenging the AFC North-champion Cincinnati Bengals in the wild-card round. The Stealers made the most of that situation 10 years ago by winning the Super Bowl, and it's a path they'd like to travel again when they visit Paul Brown Stadium on Saturday.

Pittsburgh's high-octane offense looks to lead the way as Ben Roethlisberger threw for 349 yards and three touchdowns on Sunday in a 28-12 victory over Cleveland. Antonio Brown (career-high 136 receptions and 1,834 yards) had 187 yards versus the Browns on 13 catches, but he totaled that many receptions as the Stealers and Bengals each claimed a road contest in the series. While Pittsburgh and Cincinnati have won four of five to enter the playoffs, the Bengals are making their fifth consecutive postseason appearance with a question under center. While second-year backup AJ McCarron is expected to play on Saturday, Andy Dalton is inching toward a return - perhaps as early as next week should Cincinnati advance - after fracturing his thumb in the Bengals' 33-20 loss to Pittsburgh on Dec. 13.

TV: 8:15 p.m. ET, CBS. LINE: Stealers -2.5. O/U: 46.5

ABOUT THE Stealers (10-6): While Pittsburgh's vaunted aerial attack is raring to go, its rushing game could be a sore spot as veteran DeAngelo Williams' ankle injury may play a major role on Saturday. Williams (team-leading 907 yards, 11 touchdowns) is listed as day-to-day while coach Mike Tomlin reportedly is considering Fitzgerald Toussaint (42 yards) and journeyman Jordan Todman (22 yards) in the gameplan. The Stealers only have to look to their first-round contest last year, when the absence of Le'Veon Bell led to a limited ground attack - and an early exit at the hands of arch-rival Baltimore.

ABOUT THE BENGALS (12-4): A.J. Green reeled in a season-high 11 passes for 118 yards and a touchdown in Cincinnati's 16-10 win over Pittsburgh on Nov. 1 before adding six catches for 132 yards and a score in the latter meeting. While Green led the team with 86 receptions and 1,297 yards, his 10 touchdowns were only eclipsed by tight end Tyler Eifert (13). Jeremy Hill overcame a sluggish start to record six touchdowns in his last seven games, but he was limited to just 76 yards on 22 carries collectively in two meetings with the Stealers.

EXTRA POINTS

1. Pittsburgh T Marcus Gilbert originally tweeted on Dec. 13 that he "would love to see (the Bengals) in the playoffs where they choke." The tweet has since been deleted.

2. Bengals S Reggie Nelson finished tied with Kansas City rookie CB Marcus Peters for the league lead with eight interceptions.

3. The Stealers registered 48 sacks, good enough for the third-highest total in the league.

PREDICTION: Stealers 27, Bengals 17

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/event/2015/51645/preview/

This Bengals team should not be overlooked, but I always tilt toward the quarterback position in the playoffs. McCarron has fared well, but look for Big Ben to make his share of game-changing throws to Brown and friends. The Stealers All-Pro receiver has been completely uncoverable of late and has the ability to fry any secondary in the league. Losing Williams would be a major loss for Pittsburgh, but the NFL's top stars shine in games like this, and Roethlisberger and Brown will be the two finest playmakers on the field come Saturday.

Pittsburgh Stealers 21, Cincinnati Bengals 20

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000618007/article/wild-card-weekend-preview-Stealersbengals

PIT.png 23 CIN.png 22

Time to pop some Sudafed and giddy up -- or something like that. Ben Roethlisberger sent a message to Martavis Bryant this week, something to the effect of Two catches for six yards the last two weeks isn't stepping up. Pittsburgh has turned it on at this time in years past, though the Le'Veon Bell injury derailed their Sevenburgh aspirations last year. Roethlisberger played through several injuries as a second-year player (which is precisely where Bryant is in his career), yet managed to lead the Stealers to a Super Bowl title that season -- a playoff run that began with a road win in Cincinnati during Wild Card Weekend.

Meanwhile, the general consensus seems to be that the Bengals are weaker sans Andy Dalton (his status for Sunday doesn't look too promising), making Pittsburgh lock city to many folks. How people are so quick to dismiss AJ McCarron is a bit weird. He has performed viably in his three starts, winning two. Sure, the two victories came against the 49ers and Ravens, but what's the guy supposed to do -- lobby the schedule makers to abruptly switch things up so he can play the Patriots and Seahawks and prove his worth? Come on. Sure, the two interceptions during the loss to Pittsburgh in Week 14 hurt. You try playing a division rival after you get, oh, maybe five percent of the snaps in practice that week. For the record, I think a relatively healthy DeAngelo Williams would spell a win for Pittsburgh, but not because McCarron wets himself in a big game. If no Williams, it's Fitzgerald Toussaint's baby. And if that's the case, I'm less confident in the pick here. I mean, look, I have it as a one-point game as is ... #PITvsCIN

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000618755/article/nfl-wild-card-weekend-game-picks-road-teams-ready-to-roll

ame
Mike
Garafolo
Alex
Marvez
Peter
Schrager
Jimmy
Traina
James
Parziale
Sid
Saraf
Ross
Jones
WhatIfSports
Chiefs at Texans
34.png
12.png
12.png
12.png
12.png
12.png
12.png
12.png
Stealers at Bengals
23.png
23.png
4.png
4.png
23.png
4.png
23.png
23.png
Seahawks at Vikings
26.png
26.png
26.png
26.png
26.png
26.png
16.png
26.png
Packers at Redskins
28.png
28.png
9.png
28.png
9.png
28.png
9.png
9.png

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-expert-picks-2015-091015

Half of the ESPN panel has picked and only Jaws has picked us so far. Jaws has picked us every week except one. Hoge has picked the stealers every week this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

What is with all the fags predicted the bengals lose by 1pt....jesus.

Those are weak minded people who are afraid to actually go with what they feel. People with no job, no car, no girlfriend, no future, no dick,....and who at the beginning of the season pick every team to be 8-8. 

0-4 last four years.  Starting quarterback is out.  Pittsburgh has already beaten them at home this season without said quarterback in.  PIttsburgh has a hall of fame quarterback of their own behind center.  What's so hard to understand about the media's point of view?  Besides, all of those things against them, and many expect a very tight game, some within one, that seems to be more positive than negative for me.   It tells me that if they play within a cunt hair of how they are capable of, they will win this game.

It Wont Change....Until the Bengals Make It Change(injuries or not).

SouthPaw is right.

Even about Jen being a HOF QB? Which he obviously isn't since he's still playing. But I haven't seen anybody suggest that on this board until now. Not even by a self proclaimed stealer troll. Southpaw's true colors are showing. Like it wasn't obvious before.

Even about Jen being a HOF QB? Which he obviously isn't since he's still playing. But I haven't seen anybody suggest that on this board until now. Not even by a self proclaimed stealer troll. Southpaw's true colors are showing. Like it wasn't obvious before.

I think Ben has a decent shot at it yes.

He will be a first ballot hall of famer.  Along with, dear i say Tom Brady.  In addition two those two you can add Peyton Manning and Drew Brees. 

NFL HOF isn't stats driven as much as baseball.   Perception among the media voters counts for a lot and that's why it is important to get consideration for media voted post season awards/list etc along with having favorable stats and of course memorable moments that are usually Superbowl or postseason defined.

So as for Ben.   Just look at all the "dangerous" team talk.   It's 99% about Ben and him getting hot with his weapons.    He's going in.  Heck Jerome Bettis went in.   Not sure about First Ballot.

Archived