The Bengals have not defeated a team with a winning record in 10 weeks

Lol I consider us a 15-1 team with our only lose to the Stealers. We were beat up in the secondary vs the cards. We had a bunch of drops vs the Texans  and we had the broncos beat. We lost to the Stealers because of the sudden Dalton injury and the defense was not playing smart and was also beat up.

This team is extremely healthy and ready for a playoff run, we get by pitt I have total confidence we beat the patriots and whoever else is left and head to SF.

11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent. 

Since 11.1, played 4 games vs winning teams, lost every one.

Texans, Stealers, Cardinals and Broncos. 

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off. 

If the Bengals win, will you promise to shut the fuck up?

Lol I consider us a 15-1 team with our only lose to the Stealers. We were beat up in the secondary vs the cards. We had a bunch of drops vs the Texans  and we had the broncos beat. We lost to the Stealers because of the sudden Dalton injury and the defense was not playing smart and was also beat up.

This team is extremely healthy and ready for a playoff run, we get by pitt I have total confidence we beat the patriots and whoever else is left and head to SF.

Not that I'm agreeing with the OP at all, but this post is silly too. It's absurd to say you consider us a 15-1 team for the reasons you listed.

Using your own logic, you'd have to turn our wins into losses if they came against opponents with injuries (Ravens/Bills), dropped passes against us (Raiders/49ers), or that "had us beat" (Seahawks).

Honestly, I just don't understand why people on both sides of the extremes have to go out of their way to be unrealistic about this team so frequently. It doesn't seem too fun to run around a message board using illogical methods of making a football team sound better/worse than they have been.

This is a good team we're seeing right now, let's enjoy that and discuss things realistically instead of claiming that we haven't beat a good opponent in 2 months OR that we're basically a 15 win team somehow.

I mentioned it in another one of his brilliant threads, but he's copy & pasting this same shit across other boards as well with the same user name. He's simply a troll that's fishing for reactions.

while he did not put it very eloquently, there is some truth to what he said and we cant just rationalize all of their losses.  There's a good chance that they may have come out on top against Pittsburgh the second time if Dalton and Eifert stay in that game, but its not a given.  They have played teams very tough in their losses, so they definitely belong on the field w/ everyone.  However, it doesnt matter if they lost by 3 or 30, in the playoffs, its still a loss and they go home.  I think they are better than Pittsburgh, but they dont play on paper.  

I really don't understand starting a profile on a Bengals website to do nothing but bitch and cry..

Has this fucking guy said anything but doom and gloom???

12-4 bitch and getting ready to beat the stealers... As AB just said.. Please stfu when it happens...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is this dumbass still posting? 

We rarely agree but in this case thats my question too. Its obvious this guy isnt a Bengals fan and is disguising himself as one with the blaketopickens handle so he can post this trite in the main form instead of being ignored in the trash talk forum with the other Stealers fans.

11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent. 

Since 11.1, played 4 games vs winning teams, lost every one.

Texans, Stealers, Cardinals and Broncos. 

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off. 

Bengals never lost to a team that didn't make the Playoffs. 

Stealers lost to the Ravens twice. T-W-I-C-E

Someone asked you if the Bengals won would you shut up.

I'll just ask you to shut up starting now. If I wanted to hear from

an asshole I'd fart. At least then I would get some relief from it.

He will probably start posting that the Bengals have only won one playoff game in 25 years.

while he did not put it very eloquently, there is some truth to what he said and we cant just rationalize all of their losses.  There's a good chance that they may have come out on top against Pittsburgh the second time if Dalton and Eifert stay in that game, but its not a given.  They have played teams very tough in their losses, so they definitely belong on the field w/ everyone.  However, it doesnt matter if they lost by 3 or 30, in the playoffs, its still a loss and they go home.  I think they are better than Pittsburgh, but they dont play on paper.  

It got one like so far. So at least 2 people think the season is over. So why don't they go away then?

He will probably start posting that the Bengals have only won one playoff game in 25 years.

It got one like so far. So at least 2 people think the season is over. So why don't they go away then?

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/78623-46-seasons-0-playoff-success-in-cincy/&page=2

He's already a step ahead of ya! haha

Bengals have played well in 3 of their 4 defeats.      Factor in they tied the NFC top seed last year.       You can take that as another confirmation that they have the talent to win the whole thing.

However, there are no moral victories in the playoffs and the point remains can they capitalize on their talent to win a championship?  

Not taking sides here, but realistically I don't feel very good about this game.  I pray to God we win, but I honestly don't think we will.  I'd like to think AJM will catch lightning in a bottle and we can put up 25+ points, but when I look at the previous two games vs. the Stealers the O-line got manhandled.  In the game we won Ben threw some bad picks that we can't expect to happen again.  True he's been a turnover machine since he came back, but I don't think you can expect to get turnovers...ask the '05 team.  It's encouraging that we ran the ball well vs. the Ravens an maybe Fisher at FB had something to do with that and it can continue.  I'll be rooting like hell for the good guys, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much so that if we lose it won't hurt so bad.

Not taking sides here, but realistically I don't feel very good about this game.  I pray to God we win, but I honestly don't think we will.  I'd like to think AJM will catch lightning in a bottle and we can put up 25+ points, but when I look at the previous two games vs. the Stealers the O-line got manhandled.  In the game we won Ben threw some bad picks that we can't expect to happen again.  True he's been a turnover machine since he came back, but I don't think you can expect to get turnovers...ask the '05 team.  It's encouraging that we ran the ball well vs. the Ravens an maybe Fisher at FB had something to do with that and it can continue.  I'll be rooting like hell for the good guys, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much so that if we lose it won't hurt so bad.

Agree 100%--EXCEPT it's the fucking stealers that live and die on turnovers.  If they don't get a couple of fumbles/interceptions every game, they LOSE.  As long as we take care of the ball (especially Jeremy Hill), we will win this.

It's amazing how scared Bengal fans are of the Pittsburgh Stealers.   There is no doubt they are in our FAN's heads for sure.    There's so much illogical bullshit being posted about the league is fixed and wanting Pittsburgh wins to fearing a decent Steeler but one the Bengals are more talented than even with AJM.

The Bengals don't need to catch lightening in a bottle, WTF?   You know what that is?   That's losing a 2 pro bowl players on the first drive. 

Bengals have the better team.  The Stealers need the Bengals to choke and play a C game to win.

The problem is that a lot of these players often do that in the playoffs.   

It's amazing how scared Bengal fans are of the Pittsburgh Stealers.   There is no doubt they are in our FAN's heads for sure.    There's so much illogical bullshit being posted about the league is fixed and wanting Pittsburgh wins to fearing a decent Steeler but one the Bengals are more talented than even with AJM.

The Bengals don't need to catch lightening in a bottle, WTF?   You know what that is?   That's losing a 2 pro bowl players on the first drive. 

Bengals have the better team.  The Stealers need the Bengals to choke and play a C game to win.

:good3:

I guarantee you a focus of this week is catching the ball and recovering the ball when the Stealers provide you the opportunity.    Their defense lives and dies by the turnover BUT they are only +2 in differential because their QBs give it away and give you a lot of chances to take it.

Bengals have 2 less Turnovers than the mighty Steeler D and are +11.  

Playing with a lead would be a big swing for the Bengals.   Both games the Steeler had their best drive of the day and took early leads and kept it for a while. 

I think it's fair for Bengals fans to "fear" the Stealers.  You say we lost 2 pro bowl players on that first drive, we still won't have one of them.  We're definitely more talented than them on defense, but on offense they're more talented than us, even with Andy.  When we won in Pittsburgh we barely won after they lost their all-world RB in the 1st half and it was Ben's first game back and you could argue he was rusty.  I respect fans that have optimism, I just try to be realistic.  I'm not saying we can't win, but I think we have to play better than we've played for the last 2 months.  We can't win if AJG doesn't make plays on the ball downfield (Denver and previous playoff games or vs. good DBs).  We can't win if the Oline can't block anyone (since the first Pitt game).  We can't win if we get too conservative (SF and Denver).  The Stealers are going to put up some points and we haven't shown the ability to score a lot of points with AJM yet.

I think it's fair for Bengals fans to "fear" the Stealers.  You say we lost 2 pro bowl players on that first drive, we still won't have one of them.  We're definitely more talented than them on defense, but on offense they're more talented than us, even with Andy.  When we won in Pittsburgh we barely won after they lost their all-world RB in the 1st half and it was Ben's first game back and you could argue he was rusty.  I respect fans that have optimism, I just try to be realistic.  I'm not saying we can't win, but I think we have to play better than we've played for the last 2 months.  We can't win if AJG doesn't make plays on the ball downfield (Denver and previous playoff games or vs. good DBs).  We can't win if the Oline can't block anyone (since the first Pitt game).  We can't win if we get too conservative (SF and Denver).  The Stealers are going to put up some points and we haven't shown the ability to score a lot of points with AJM yet.

Then just answer one question--if the stealers are so fucking good, how the hell did the Ratbirds beat them 2 weeks ago???

Then just answer one question--if the stealers are so fucking good, how the hell did the Ratbirds beat them 2 weeks ago???

Any given Sunday.  I'm not saying we can't win.  I'm looking at it as if both teams play up to their potential.  I'm not counting on missed FGs, turnovers or whatever.  I know that stuff happens, but I'm not relying on it.  I look at how their below average defense dominated our offensive line both times we played...is that going to magically change this time?  I sure hope so, but I'm not counting on it.  It's very possible we win the game, but based on the previous two games against them this year, I think they have a better chance to win than we do. 

You know you can see things how you want it.    But to sit here and talk about rusty Ben in their loss and not even mention Burfict coming back in his first game in about a year? OK.

The Bengals have the better team.   They have to avoid playing a C or D game like they typically do in the playoffs.   

good question and very logical.  From my perspective, its because they have risen to the occasion much more often than the Bengals.  I realize they are on a playoff skid too, but generally when it comes to not only the playoffs, but to the Bengals, they have risen to the occasion..historically.  That doesnt mean it cant change or the Bengals arent going to win, i just think that's why it feels the way it does.  Its pretty much like getting bit by a dog. You never forget and have potential to fear that dog or other dogs for life, until you do something about it.   

Also, I just dont think that kind of math works in the NFL.  This team beat that team, so this must be absolute.  I just dont think it works that way. Too many working parts on gameday. 

Any given Sunday.  I'm not saying we can't win.  I'm looking at it as if both teams play up to their potential.  I'm not counting on missed FGs, turnovers or whatever.  I know that stuff happens, but I'm not relying on it.  I look at how their below average defense dominated our offensive line both times we played...is that going to magically change this time?  I sure hope so, but I'm not counting on it.  It's very possible we win the game, but based on the previous two games against them this year, I think they have a better chance to win than we do. 

lol.    Steeler won last time.   That is a fact.

Nuge - Missed FG.  

Dalton/AJM - 3 turnovers (1 red zone, 1 pick six) - That's  Turnovers

Pac Man out, Eifert/Dalton - out (after 1st drive) Iloka out after 23 snaps, Burfict played 66% of the time - That's the whatever.

Somehow in your analysis you keep bringing up ALL the stuff the Bengals got in their favor in winning and refuse to count on it in this match up but you don't even recognize the factors in the Stealers winning.

You know you can see things how you want it.    But to sit here and talk about rusty Ben in their loss and not even mention Burfict coming back in his first game in about a year? OK.

The Bengals have the better team.   They have to avoid playing a C or D game like they typically do in the playoffs.   

True.  I'd tend to think QB has a bigger impact on a game than a LB, no matter how great he is.  Trust me, I wish I could look though rose colored glasses, but I can't.  I agree the Bengals have the better overall team, but we haven't played like it.  To the man I think our Oline is better than theirs, but they haven't played like it.  Their better at QB and WR.  We're better at RB, but if our line doesn't step up, it doesn't matter.  We're better at DL, but again, our Oline is playing below average and that washes out.  I think they have better LBs and we have a better secondary.  Every game in the NFL is won in the trenches and our Oline is playing like crap.  I admit I'm being pessimistic, but I also think I'm being realistic.  

lol.    Steeler won last time.   That is a fact.

Nuge - Missed FG.  

Dalton/AJM - 3 turnovers (1 red zone, 1 pick six) - That's  Turnovers

Pac Man out, Eifert/Dalton - out (after 1st drive) Iloka out after 23 snaps, Burfict played 66% of the time - That's the whatever.

Somehow in your analysis you keep bringing up ALL the stuff the Bengals got in their favor in winning and refuse to count on it in this match up but you don't even recognize the factors in the Stealers winning.

So you honestly believe that we're going to win this game.  If you had to bet one way on this game for your life (I know that's extreme), you'd go with the Bengals? I agree I tend to judge the Bengals harder than any other team, it's just how I'm wired.  The Bengals can win this game, I just don't think they will unless we force some turnover, there are some penalties that go our way or maybe we get a special teams return or a defensive score, but again, those are things I don't count on.  I just don't think with AJM at the helm we can put up enough points to outscore them and I don't think our D can hold them to under 20 points.

Archived