The Bengals have not defeated a team with a winning record in 10 weeks

True.  I'd tend to think QB has a bigger impact on a game than a LB, no matter how great he is.  Trust me, I wish I could look though rose colored glasses, but I can't.  I agree the Bengals have the better overall team, but we haven't played like it.  To the man I think our Oline is better than theirs, but they haven't played like it.  Their better at QB and WR.  We're better at RB, but if our line doesn't step up, it doesn't matter.  We're better at DL, but again, our Oline is playing below average and that washes out.  I think they have better LBs and we have a better secondary.  Every game in the NFL is won in the trenches and our Oline is playing like crap.  I admit I'm being pessimistic, but I also think I'm being realistic.  

2e0ad81.jpg

True.  I'd tend to think QB has a bigger impact on a game than a LB, no matter how great he is.  Trust me, I wish I could look though rose colored glasses, but I can't.  I agree the Bengals have the better overall team, but we haven't played like it.  To the man I think our Oline is better than theirs, but they haven't played like it.  Their better at QB and WR.  We're better at RB, but if our line doesn't step up, it doesn't matter.  We're better at DL, but again, our Oline is playing below average and that washes out.  I think they have better LBs and we have a better secondary.  Every game in the NFL is won in the trenches and our Oline is playing like crap.  I admit I'm being pessimistic, but I also think I'm being realistic.  

Sure.    The same guy that overlooks Burfict coming back from microfracture surgery thinks the Bengals are playing horrible.  OK.   What are the chances that same guy will recognize how the Stealers have been playing?

The Bengals lost to 4 playoffs teams by 23 points.     Now you can look at this anyway you want but if you used the same level of judgement when viewing the Stealers games you would say they are even more inconsistently and really not playing that good at all. 

Sure.    The same guy that overlooks Burfict coming back from microfracture surgery thinks the Bengals are playing horrible.  OK.   What are the chances that same guy will recognize how the Stealers have been playing?

The Bengals lost to 4 playoffs teams by 23 points.     Now you can look at this anyway you want but if you used the same level of judgement when viewing the Stealers games you would say they are even more inconsistently and really not playing that good at all. 

I hope you're right...I really do.  I'd love nothing more than to get on here Saturday night and everyone is laughing at me telling me how stupid I was.  I'd love that. 

2e0ad81.jpg

hahaha, not really...just trying not to set myself up for too much disappointment.  I know I'm not the only Bengals fan in the world that thinks the Stealers are going to win.  The way it sounds here is the Stealers have no chance and they might as well not even show up.  I don't know how either side could be so sure.

So you honestly believe that we're going to win this game.  If you had to bet one way on this game for your life (I know that's extreme), you'd go with the Bengals? I agree I tend to judge the Bengals harder than any other team, it's just how I'm wired.  The Bengals can win this game, I just don't think they will unless we force some turnover, there are some penalties that go our way or maybe we get a special teams return or a defensive score, but again, those are things I don't count on.  I just don't think with AJM at the helm we can put up enough points to outscore them and I don't think our D can hold them to under 20 points.

This is the match up I wanted.   Has nothing to do with revenge.   Bengals are the better team.

Do I believe they'll win this game?  I'm not confident at all.   It has nothing to do with the Stealers.    We could be playing KC/Jets or even some 8-8 non playoff qualifier and I would have reservations about them winning a playoff game.

The Bengals have the better team.  They have been playing better.   IF they put it together in the playoffs it's going to be a win for the Bengals.   The only thing I can't account for is the real history of this coaching staff and team.   Also they tend to have horrible luck as well.    

This is the match up I wanted.   Has nothing to do with revenge.   Bengals are the better team.

Do I believe they'll win this game?  I'm not confident at all.   It has nothing to do with the Stealers.    We could be playing KC/Jets or even some 8-8 non playoff qualifier and I would have reservations about them winning a playoff game.

The Bengals have the better team.  They have been playing better.   IF they put it together in the playoffs it's going to be a win for the Bengals.   The only thing I can't account for is the real history of this coaching staff and team.   Also they tend to have horrible luck as well.    

Would you agree that this game is going to come down to how well our offensive line plays?  I don't care how good your QB, RBs and WRs are, if the line doesn't block it doesn't matter.    

Would you agree that this game is going to come down to how well our offensive line plays?  I don't care how good your QB, RBs and WRs are, if the line doesn't block it doesn't matter.    

I don't know.   You can't expect Hill to gain yards when he only gets 6 or 7 touches.  Which happened the last game.    A couple of those touches came with Whit and Smith lined up as WRs or with the line set up to pass block.

So if you want to leave the game at the feet of the line, then I think you have to let them put their hand on the ground and try to push around a front seven.

If you are asking them to run block out of 2point stances then you are in fact saying your skill guy is better than their pursuit.     

Not that I'm agreeing with the OP at all, but this post is silly too. It's absurd to say you consider us a 15-1 team for the reasons you listed.

Using your own logic, you'd have to turn our wins into losses if they came against opponents with injuries (Ravens/Bills), dropped passes against us (Raiders/49ers), or that "had us beat" (Seahawks).

Honestly, I just don't understand why people on both sides of the extremes have to go out of their way to be unrealistic about this team so frequently. It doesn't seem too fun to run around a message board using illogical methods of making a football team sound better/worse than they have been.

This is a good team we're seeing right now, let's enjoy that and discuss things realistically instead of claiming that we haven't beat a good opponent in 2 months OR that we're basically a 15 win team somehow.

I mentioned it in another one of his brilliant threads, but he's copy & pasting this same shit across other boards as well with the same user name. He's simply a troll that's fishing for reactions.

Would you be kind enough to PM me or one of the mods links to those forums?

11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent. 

Since 11.1, played 4 games vs winning teams, lost every one.

Texans, Stealers, Cardinals and Broncos. 

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off. 

And you've not made a quality post in 5 weeks. What say you take a nap for a spell?

I agree.  The difference for me though, is the insufferable outcome of them losing to the Stealers.  Losing, the first round against KC or the Jets, does not have the same stigma attached, in my opinion.  Would it suck pretty badly, given the state of the playoff drought, sure, but its 100 fold if its against the Stealers, for me, anyway.  

I don't know.   You can't expect Hill to gain yards when he only gets 6 or 7 touches.  Which happened the last game.    A couple of those touches came with Whit and Smith lined up as WRs or with the line set up to pass block.

So if you want to leave the game at the feet of the line, then I think you have to let them put their hand on the ground and try to push around a front seven.

If you are asking them to run block out of 2point stances then you are in fact saying your skill guy is better than their pursuit.     

Spoken like an experienced lineman! Very much concur.  

Lol I consider us a 15-1 team with our only lose to the Stealers. We were beat up in the secondary vs the cards. We had a bunch of drops vs the Texans  and we had the broncos beat. We lost to the Stealers because of the sudden Dalton injury and the defense was not playing smart and was also beat up.

This team is extremely healthy and ready for a playoff run, we get by pitt I have total confidence we beat the patriots and whoever else is left and head to SF.

This post is worse than the original post.

I agree.  The difference for me though, is the insufferable outcome of them losing to the Stealers.  Losing, the first round against KC or the Jets, does not have the same stigma attached, in my opinion.  Would it suck pretty badly, given the state of the playoff drought, sure, but its 100 fold if its against the Stealers, for me, anyway.  

That's why I am dreading going to the game. I am going because tickets were made available to me and my 12 year old son wants to go. But if we lose again, I can't just turn the TV off. But then again, a win will be by far the best live sporting event to date for me. So I'm trying to get my son and myself to prepare for the best or worst live Bengals game ever. Also, I'm trying to prepare to answer my son's questions about stealers fans like "Dad, what's wrong with that guy?" and "Why does that married stealers couple look like brother and sister?". I guess I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

That's why I am dreading going to the game. I am going because tickets were made available to me and my 12 year old son wants to go.

My god man, how awful for you!  I hope you somehow find the strength to get through this difficult time.

:1violin:

Spoken like a true Bengals fan...

My god man, how awful for you!  I hope you somehow find the strength to get through this difficult time.

:1violin:

Spoken like a true Bengals fan...

Dread was a strong word. I love going to the games, but can't stomach the stealer fans. I would rather stay home for those games. But if they win, it will be more than worth it. But if they lose, I don't want my son to be an accessory when I run annoying inbred stealer fans over with the car.

We'll have fun. It's our first game this year. And we're undefeated in games he's gone to so far in his short life, so he could be the luck we need.

Big Jen has thrown like 6 Int's the last 3 games.  Their offense is sputtering coming

into the playoffs.  Isn't the forecast for Saturday night in Cincinnati calling for rain?

If Deangelo Williams can't go, they're going to have to rely on the dude with the french

name, who by the way carried the ball 12 times for what?  26 yards against the putrid

Browns defense!!??  Not only that, but neither one of those backup RB's the Stealers

have can pass protect for shit!  If Big Jen has to throw it 40 times in the rain, with a wet

ball, the Stealers are in trouble!  Big Jen hasn't exactly tore it up against us this year 

either.  Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure he has 1 TD pass and 4 Int's!  

McCarron came off the bench and threw for 280 yards, 2 TD's and 2 Int's the first time 

around and that was with NO reps the previous week of practice with the 1st stringers!

He hasn't thrown an INT since!!  

Fuck the Stealers!!  

Big Jen has thrown like 6 Int's the last 3 games.  Their offense is sputtering coming

into the playoffs.  Isn't the forecast for Saturday night in Cincinnati calling for rain?

If Deangelo Williams can't go, they're going to have to rely on the dude with the french

name, who by the way carried the ball 12 times for what?  26 yards against the putrid

Browns defense!!??  Not only that, but neither one of those backup RB's the Stealers

have can pass protect for shit!  If Big Jen has to throw it 40 times in the rain, with a wet

ball, the Stealers are in trouble!  Big Jen hasn't exactly tore it up against us this year 

either.  Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure he has 1 TD pass and 4 Int's!  

McCarron came off the bench and threw for 280 yards, 2 TD's and 2 Int's the first time 

around and that was with NO reps the previous week of practice with the 1st stringers!

He hasn't thrown an INT since!!  

Fuck the Stealers!!  

How dare you present an opposing view? You should be cowering under the bed because Mike Tomlin is coming to trip you in your sleep

How dare you present an opposing view? You should be cowering under the bed because Mike Tomlin is coming to trip you in your sleep

They are the most dangerous team in the history of the playoffs and Tomlin will unleash hell.

A lot of the anxiety comes from being so overdue for some big wins. I criticize the heck out of Lewis sometimes, and take some flak, but I don't ever criticize him for games not played yet. He went balls out against Seattle, and Baltimore (who hadn't lost Steve Smith yet, and were still viable at the time) for comeback wins that seemed to signal turning a corner. The team played miserably in the 3rd quarter against Arizona and Denver in big games that the team could've won. As for this game, the Bengals will get theirs on offense. They're gonna stuff the run for the most part too on defense. Will they stop the pass when they have the Stealers on the ropes? What kind of defense will they dial up when the Stealers absolutely have to have 10 yards? I believe Cincinatti wins this game, but I also believe that situation comes up a few times. Hope they play them tight and tough, none of this 10 yards off, keep em in front of you at all costs nonsense that keeps the chains moving for Pittsburgh.

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off. 

th-1.jpeg

Facts like that are hard to not raise doubt. Bummer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived