Tonight's Refs

I agree about the Bernard hit.  Using the head as a weapon.  Should have been flagged.  I really don't have a problem with the rest of it.  Maybe when DeCastro kept pummeling Burfict near the goal line.  The Bengals got calls too.  The hair pull would have been easy to miss.  When they yanked Bernard's helmet that was a good call.  One that gets let go often.  

The refs didn't beat the Bengals.  The Bengals beat the Bengals.  This is about personal responsibility and self control.  Yes, Joey Porter shouldn't have been on the field.  That doesn't excuse Adam Jones losing his mind and bumping a ref.  That gets a flag 100% of the time.  Shut up and walk away.  Burfict's hit is inexcusable.  I don't care what was said or done to you the entire game, the last game, online or wherever.  Control yourself.  That is everyone's #1 responsibility.  Every damned player on the field is in charge of himself.  53 Bengals are miserable because 2 can't control themselves and 1 can't hold the football.  Sad.

How about this for an idea, there's 18 seconds left, they're looking at Brown even though he flopped, how about bringing the D off the field and talking about the last 18 seconds? The second penalty never happens.

Joey Porter on the field has hit Drudge. He drives the newsroom discussions across the country so we haven't heard the end of it. The NFL will now have to at least fine Porter and maybe grudgingly apologize for not flagging him. Of course the real reason they didn't flag him is they didn't want to offset Burfict's foul.

th?&id=HS.214368325040&w=299&h=168&c=0&p 

THE NASTIEST GAME...

Late penalty doomed Bengals provoked by Stealers coach illegally on field...

'The ref did a horrible f---ing job'...

Joey Porter on the field has hit Drudge. He drives the newsroom discussions across the country so we haven't heard the end of it. The NFL will now have to at least fine Porter and maybe grudgingly apologize for not flagging him. Of course the real reason they didn't flag him is they didn't want to offset Burfict's foul.

th?&id=HS.214368325040&w=299&h=168&c=0&p 

THE NASTIEST GAME...

Late penalty doomed Bengals provoked by Stealers coach illegally on field...

'The ref did a horrible f---ing job'...

I edited your post a bit so it was more manageable.. 

Joey Porter on the field has hit Drudge. He drives the newsroom discussions across the country so we haven't heard the end of it. The NFL will now have to at least fine Porter and maybe grudgingly apologize for not flagging him. Of course the real reason they didn't flag him is they didn't want to offset Burfict's foul.  wanted the Squeelers to win

I edited it a bit, too.

IDK how anyone could watch that game and come away with "Marvin this" or "Burfict or Jones that" as the problem..  They're obviously setting VB up to be their next whipping boy in order to go on ignoring the blatant dirty shit from the Stoolers & whoever else they decide to anoint.  You think firing Marvin is going to change anything? We're supposed to be the Washington Generals to the big-money franchise's Harlem Globetrotters.  Look at the national media or official NFL outlets & Burfict is some out-of-control villain for the type of stuff that goes on in every NFL game all year long. I'm supposed to take this shit seriously? 

F8ck!!! This just gets worse with a little time hunh? I'm very upset with Hill, Burfict, and Jones, but,... the Stealers get the important flags that literally hand them the game, and the Bengals are supposed to be satisfied that the tools that reamed them are digging spare change out of their millionaire couches to pay fines. Mike Brown should make a public tirade of epic proportions protesting this nonsense. I know he won't. I know there are reasons that this post if silly, but the anger and frustration is a bit debilitating at the moment.

It's hard to believe the NFL innocently assigned the same referee to last night's game that clearly lost control of a game on the same field between the same 2 teams just 4 weeks ago. The rest of the crew wasn't the same but the league obviously wanted to give Parry a do over. Terrible idea. He was out of his depth and the refs were just bad. The wrong call on the Williams penalty vs Wheaton made the 39 yard FG possible. Stealers probably wouldn't have even attempted a 50 yarder in the rain. So that's 3 points right there. 

Next was the botched replay on Bryant's TD. It was a great athletic play by Bryant to hold on to the ball but he clearly didn't have the ball secured until after his feet were down in the end zone. The rule is the player has to establish control of the ball then get 2 feet down in bounds. The ball was obviously rolling along his butt/leg which is why he had to reach through his legs to keep it from hitting the ground. Stealers would have kicked a figgie there with a correct call but it's another 3 points they gained.

Next, by not calling Shazier for a blatant job of spearing that 60K people not wearing black and white saw, they took at least 3 points away from the Bengals. It would have been a first down inside the Steeler 15 yard line if the correct and not at all hard to see call had been made.

There could have been a lot more offensive holding calls in the Stealers O-line and the Bengals DBs got away with a fair amount of grabbing. But those are judgment calls. Joey Porter in the middle of the field trying to start a fight isn't something the refs can or should ignore. But they did and even gave Jones a flag for complaining about it. 

The Bengals made quite a few mistakes but so did the Stealers. The refs decided the outcome. 

So agree with this assessment. So disapointed in the NFL Officials on top of our players loosing their cool (Jones).  I don't think Burfict's hit was a purposeful head shot.

Archived