Who do you want the Bengals to hire after they fire Lewis?

The NFL doesn't give a shit about anything unless it's going to hurt its business.  They may, on the surface, say that games can't be played like this but deep down, the NFL loves this shit.  This is now must see TV at least 2 times next season.....wonder if those games will be in primtime?!?!

100%

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I do think a more vocal coach would've changed the outcome of some of these close games that are decided by the zebras.  I would've had new found respect if Marvin had physically removed Joey Porter from our huddle yesterday.  I like Marvin, but I feel there are probably better positions for him.  I also wish he would've taken his gloves off and expressed his frustrations with officiating yesterday.  His approach simply doesn't work.

Yep, feel the same.  

However, if you're going to lose Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, Matt Burke, and whomever else you're going to lose....it would be the right time as turnover is going to be there anyways.  I would be good with either direction at this point.  

I would fire Marvin and make Vance Joseph the HC.  That guy is detailed, thorough, smart and won't put up with the shit Marvin puts up with.  

Yeah it's a tough call, potentially losing Hue and less likely but still possible Paul, and potentially alot of turnover on the roster. At the same time if we can keep all the players and coaches I think we're back in this position again next year. This game is the most disappointing of the playoff losses but I also feel like it was the first time we actually had a real chance and that the team was finally playing like a playoff team, with the exception of some things that really hurt us. I don't know man, I don't know which way to go with this team.

Yep, feel the same.  

However, if you're going to lose Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, Matt Burke, and whomever else you're going to lose....it would be the right time as turnover is going to be there anyways.  I would be good with either direction at this point.  

I would fire Marvin and make Vance Joseph the HC.  That guy is detailed, thorough, smart and won't put up with the shit Marvin puts up with.  

I couldn't agree more

Yeah it's a tough call, potentially losing Hue and less likely but still possible Paul, and potentially alot of turnover on the roster. At the same time if we can keep all the players and coaches I think we're back in this position again next year. This game is the most disappointing of the playoff losses but I also feel like it was the first time we actually had a real chance and that the team was finally playing like a playoff team, with the exception of some things that really hurt us. I don't know man, I don't know which way to go with this team.

I just hope this game doesn't destroy the locker room camaraderie they've enjoyed for years....otherwise it'll be ugly.   But if they can stay loyal to each other, I do think the Bengals will get one of the 2 byes next year with a weaker NE and Denver team.  I still think Bengals are best team in AFC with Dalton at QB.

I just hope this game doesn't destroy the locker room camaraderie they've enjoyed for years....otherwise it'll be ugly.   But if they can stay loyal to each other, I do think the Bengals will get one of the 2 byes next year with a weaker NE and Denver team.  I still think Bengals are best team in AFC with Dalton at QB.

Ditto, though I do think McCarron is a capable backup just got caught in the worst situation of having to play with so little experience. 

I just think this one is going to be too much to bare. Nothing would surprise me though, not even an extension.

Yup how many teams can say they've been to playoffs 5 years or is it 6 in a row. He's going nowhere unless he starts not making playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto, though I do think McCarron is a capable backup just got caught in the worst situation of having to play with so little experience. 

He also got caught up in Hue Jackson's less than stellar offensive game plan in the 1st half.  Zero screens, 1 draw on 3rd and 20, zero slants, zero pitches, zero sweeps.........continually trying to run up the middle where Bodine resides.  Doesn't really reside as he gets moved often and easily.  

I like AJ McCarron......as the backup.  

I feel bad for the winners on this team Green deserves respect and a damn playoff win. Poor bastard . I swore I'd never buy a players jersey only the team gear. I'm buying an 18 jersey. This kid showed up and his coach and fullback let him down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard all season that the Bengals have the "most talent" in the league, but they are FAR from the "best team".  What they've assembled has not worked out in grand scheme of things and it's not going to work out.  Of that I am convinced.  The Bengals are a sleek, flashy sports car with a leak in the oil pan.  Until that leak is addressed, they're going to lock the engine up and suffer the embarrassment of riding home on the ass-end of a wrecker while the neighbors snicker.

He also got caught up in Hue Jackson's less than stellar offensive game plan in the 1st half.  Zero screens, 1 draw on 3rd and 20, zero slants, zero pitches, zero sweeps.........continually trying to run up the middle where Bodine resides.  Doesn't really reside as he gets moved often and easily.  

I like AJ McCarron......as the backup.  

He might even be better than that one day. He might turn into Dalton. But right now he's several years behind.  I wonder if Hue might want to take him to SF?  Another 1st and 2nd round pick? I guy can dream...

I've heard all season that the Bengals have the "most talent" in the league, but they are FAR from the "best team".  What they've assembled has not worked out in grand scheme of things and it's not going to work out.  Of that I am convinced.  The Bengals are a sleek, flashy sports car with a leak in the oil pan.  Until that leak is addressed, they're going to lock the engine up and suffer the embarrassment of riding home on the ass-end of a wrecker while the neighbors snicker.

But if Jeremy Hill had held on to the ball or the 2 personal fouls aren't called on the last drive....there is no 'leak' that needs to be addressed because we're all talking about NE and how nice it was to have beat the Stealers and get 2 monkeys off our backs in 1 game and how awesome the halftime adjustments were .....and if we're going to blame Marvin for Bengals not scoring in the 2nd half, then we have to also include him in those deserving credit for making the appropriate adjustments that allowed all of the 16 points to be scored in the 2nd half this game.  

Emotionally speaking, you (general) want something to happen...some sort of scapegoat almost..in this sort of situation.  But think about how a professional NFL franchise would handle the situation.  This is a 12-4 team that should have had a bye and maybe, probably homefield advantage throughout the playoffs if not for an injury to the starting QB.   That injury is tough to absorb.  That's why I laugh when people say football is a team game and all 11 players on offense share equal responsibility.  That's complete bullshit...the QB touches the ball on 99% of offensive plays.  He's the one responsible for distributing the ball.  That's the most important position on the field.  That's why they get paid the most and it's not even close to the next highest paid position.  It's the most important position on a football team.   Very difficult to endure, especially when it happened at the end of the season.  Backup QBs in the playoffs don't do very well.....at all.  That's tough to absorb and still be in the position to win the game as they were last night.  Until the PLAYERS screwed up, starting with the Hill fumble.  

I don't know man....I would be ok with whatever happening, especially as my interest in the NFL wanes.   It was a gradual process up until last night...last night was a nice push to my ultimate goal of not having anything to do with sports and dedicating that time (which is significant) to more productive and beneficial endeavors.   

I just think this one is going to be too much to bare. Nothing would surprise me though, not even an extension.

They don't even have to fire him. As many have suggested, they should keep him in personnel.

I agree completely Khat...except.

Players are now openly saying something is wrong with the team. Openly complaining about the special treatment and lack of discipline on the D side o the ball. And when Dunlap, one of your top 3 or 4 players, says what he says, you know the psychological stink runs deep.  Winning would definitely wash it off, but I think we might be at the point that these guys aren't so sure they can win.  Or better put, that they can overcome the dysfunction inherent in the team.  If a team is dysfunctional, you simply have to look at the head coach first. 

Marvin isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't. Fire him because of bullshit calls by the refs and non calls where there should have been? Burfict's penalty should have been wiped out by Porter's penalty. Instead of a 35 FG they would have been 65 yarder. The Bengals would have won if what was penalties for them were penalties for the Stealers. Period. End of story.

i wish we had some kind of 'coaching' update.  Hue, Marvin, Paul

I know I threw it in another thread, but Ian Rapp reported that Hue is expected to be named 9ers coach today if interview goes well.

Archived