Burdock put Raperburger out, too

Burfict gave Ben the business on shoulder-injuring sack

Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2016, 2:13 PM EST
cD05ODdlNmNhY2MwMjRlZWQzNTJhM2ViYTQ1Y2VlY2YzOCZnPTEyMjkzODIwMWQ0OTA2MGViNTAzMDVjM2M4ODY3YmMxAP

As if Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfictdidn’t have enough stuff to worry about after last night’s game against the Stealers, here’s another.

Video has emerged online of Burfict deftly driving his knee into the right shoulder of Stealers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, after Burfict sacked him onto it.

Burfict’s illegal hit on receiver Antonio Brownalready will be reviewed by the league office, and given Burfict’s history he could be suspended to start the 2016 season.

Regardless of whether he’s specifically disciplined for giving Ben the business after Ben was already on the ground, Burfict’s behavior won’t win him any brownie points at Park Avenue.

I'm not going to be too surprised over whatever punishment comes down on Burfict, but the thing that really bugs me is that he is villianized while after all of the shitty stuff the stealers did, they come out of it looking like choir boys.

What if Burfict had that same "clean" hit that Shazier put on Gio? Stealer fans, including the media, would have lost their fucking minds and there would"ve been a flag. There is no doubt in my mind. I read all kind of excuses on twitter. One guy said that Shazier was trying to go low. Then why did he go high? He was in a position to hit him anywhere he wanted and he chose the helmet. Burfict would've been crucified. Honestly tell me that he wouldn't and I will never mention this again.

On the subject of double standards, what if Matt Burke would've walked on the field and got in some stealer faces cussing them out when Gio was down? Flag? Would the TV booth say that he has no business being out there? Would the stealer players say " Hey, Matt. Great to see you. How's the wife and kids?"?

Porter is getting fined, but Fuckface and most of the analysts are more or less just joking that the fine was worth winning the game and not speculating that he should've been flagged.

Fuckface reported that Burdock tried to take Brown's head off, but no mention of what Shazier's intentions were though he obviously launched into Gio's face.

But to be clear, the Bengals fucked up the final seconds of that game. They enabled shit to happen, but no way the stealers and the refs should get a pass, but they will. Well, already have.

And that's what will sink in my craw until next season. I will be pissed at Hill since he is responsible for it even coming down to the refs fucking us, but that doesn't excuse the refs not handling it better.

I will try to not even think about this game, but every time analysts will mention the bengals, it will be negative and fire me up. So not only does the playoff drought continue, but we're the assholes of the league, not to mention, idiots. The turds get more respect than us. The chiefs drought was almost as long as ours and you never heard mention of it. Apparently they didn't want to pick on them. It is acceptable to bully the bengals and now it is going to get even worse, if you can imagine.

I apologize for this post being all over the place. I have to vent. This is probably my last post until FA or longer. I am going to somehow try to avoid NFL talk. I want to watch the games, but that's it. The analysyts have nothing to say of value. I will just watch the games and read updates of transactions and injuries on my phone. 

If you got this far, thanks for reading my ramblings.

adam schefter is on a witch hunt. He tweeted shocking video of burfict hitting a ravens player who wasnt paying attention.

when he tweeted it espn was running adrian peterson redemption stories. Burfict is a hard hitting linebacker who is villified and peterson is a child abuser...

Of course what this grainy video doesn't show is Burfict was right in the middle of wrestling the ball away from Ben, which he did.  It looks like Burfict is tucking his knees in to gain leverage. But hey, he's a lighting rod so lets go after him. 

Of course what this grainy video doesn't show is Burfict was right in the middle of wrestling the ball away from Ben, which he did.  It looks like Burfict is tucking his knees in to gain leverage. But hey, he's a lighting rod so lets go after him. 

Again, from my novel post, what if that Shazier hit on Gio was a Burfict hit on that french dude? Tell me there wouldn't be a flag and I will never bring it up again.

adam schefter is on a witch hunt. He tweeted shocking video of burfict hitting a ravens player who wasnt paying attention.

when he tweeted it espn was running adrian peterson redemption stories. Burfict is a hard hitting linebacker who is villified and peterson is a child abuser...

And jen is a serial rapist who is highly regarded and blown hard by the same analysts that villify Burdock.

Again, from my novel post, what if that Shazier hit on Gio was a Burfict hit on that french dude? Tell me there wouldn't be a flag and I will never bring it up again.

They would've called a couple Hamilton county sheriffs down and arrested him right on the field. 

I'm not going to be too surprised over whatever punishment comes down on Burfict, but the thing that really bugs me is that he is villianized while after all of the shitty stuff the stealers did, they come out of it looking like choir boys.

What if Burfict had that same "clean" hit that Shazier put on Gio? Stealer fans, including the media, would have lost their fucking minds and there would"ve been a flag. There is no doubt in my mind. I read all kind of excuses on twitter. One guy said that Shazier was trying to go low. Then why did he go high? He was in a position to hit him anywhere he wanted and he chose the helmet. Burfict would've been crucified. Honestly tell me that he wouldn't and I will never mention this again.

On the subject of double standards, what if Matt Burke would've walked on the field and got in some stealer faces cussing them out when Gio was down? Flag? Would the TV booth say that he has no business being out there? Would the stealer players say " Hey, Matt. Great to see you. How's the wife and kids?"?

Porter is getting fined, but Fuckface and most of the analysts are more or less just joking that the fine was worth winning the game and not speculating that he should've been flagged.

Fuckface reported that Burdock tried to take Brown's head off, but no mention of what Shazier's intentions were though he obviously launched into Gio's face.

But to be clear, the Bengals fucked up the final seconds of that game. They enabled shit to happen, but no way the stealers and the refs should get a pass, but they will. Well, already have.

And that's what will sink in my craw until next season. I will be pissed at Hill since he is responsible for it even coming down to the refs fucking us, but that doesn't excuse the refs not handling it better.

I will try to not even think about this game, but every time analysts will mention the bengals, it will be negative and fire me up. So not only does the playoff drought continue, but we're the assholes of the league, not to mention, idiots. The turds get more respect than us. The chiefs drought was almost as long as ours and you never heard mention of it. Apparently they didn't want to pick on them. It is acceptable to bully the bengals and now it is going to get even worse, if you can imagine.

I apologize for this post being all over the place. I have to vent. This is probably my last post until FA or longer. I am going to somehow try to avoid NFL talk. I want to watch the games, but that's it. The analysyts have nothing to say of value. I will just watch the games and read updates of transactions and injuries on my phone. 

If you got this far, thanks for reading my ramblings.

Good post.  The Chiefs didnt get mentioned because they havent gone to 4(now 5) straight playoffs and lose them in a row.  That's why they dont get the same ribbing.  

Does someone want to explain to me how concussion protocol is actually supposed to work? Brown is playing for Denver.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Stealers/2016/01/10/Stealers-Ben-Roethlisberger-s-shoulder-is-sore-after-sack-by-Bengals-Burfict/stories/201601100231

After such a vicious, horrifying, devastating, debilitating, life threatening hit, he is already cleared to play? He flopped. It would've been interesting to see if he would've gone back in the game if the hit happened earlier. Probably.

I guarantee that if you're not a bengal player, nine times out of ten, if you get hit and stay on the ground for a few seconds, you will get a flag. See the Williams hit.

That footage doesn't show anything of the sort.  On a side note, who takes a cart to off the field for a shoulder injury??

Any drama that Jen can generate is good for his tough guy image. He gets hurt every other game, but is lauded as being tough when he comes back. 

Archived