Lost in all of this, the Bengals have a real player

Nelson,  my guess is probably gone.    He'll get paid more being a pro bowler and Int leader this offseason by some other team with bigger up front money than the Bengals will be willing to give at this point with his age and the players on the roster.

Shawn Williams is a fucking animal.  Wow.  He is going to be a player.  Can we all ateast agree on that?

Definitely. I'm not saying this to rag on the refs, but he got hosed on that beautiful play he got flagged on. Why can't those be reviewed like the targeting calls in college?

Funny I was thinking the same thing during and after the game.  When Nelson got injured, Williams filled in admirably.  He plays physical, instinctively, and shows real authority.  Despite this, I hope we keep Iloka coz we need that strength and depth to make our next SB run.

Definitely. I'm not saying this to rag on the refs, but he got hosed on that beautiful play he got flagged on. Why can't those be reviewed like the targeting calls in college?

He got hosed to be sure. Damn shame too, straight up beautiful hit. Type of hit that could be used as a video demonstration, other than he didn't wrap and of course, it was tooooo hard.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

He got hosed to be sure. Damn shame too, straight up beautiful hit. Type of hit that could be used as a video demonstration, other than he didn't wrap and of course, it was tooooo hard.

Sucks that you can't enjoy a nice play like that when it happens without holding your breath for no flag. 

I want to keep Iloka and Nelson. I also want to figure out how we get all three of them on the field together more often. I am very impressed with Williams, to the extent if we have to let Nelson of Iloka walk, I wont be too upset. 

Possibly Illoka plays some slot vs TE's, I do think we wont be bringing back Hall unless it's a vet minimum, he just looks like a half step slower then he has 3 years ago. 2009 Hall covers Brown on that 4th and 3.

Shawn Williams is a fucking animal.  Wow.  He is going to be a player.  Can we all ateast agree on that?

I was very excited abiut him when we drafted him and picked him as my "most excited about" player from that draft in a thread of a similar name. Granted I partly picked him because he was a dark horse, but I was and am still intrigued by his intangibles and great tackling.

Even if Nelson's injury isn't that serious, I still think you let him go. If healthy, someone will pay him pretty good money - and we should get a comp pick out of it - 5th round at the worst, assuming we don't go out and get someone in FA with an even higher price tag. I think Williams and Smith can play, and we can draft another safety. We'll be young, but I think we'll be OK. We thought enough of Williams and Smith that we cut Shiloh Keo who is playing significantly for Denver - and there should be some folks out there. 

Maybe you see if Hall can become a pure safety (doubt it), but we should have some options. 

A hell of a lot cleaner than Shazier's hit. 

A hell of a lot cleaner than Shazier's hit. 

Shazier made a nice play and was in perfect position until he decided to do what stealers do and be a prick and go high. He could've hit him at the waist and made a nice play, but he made a deliberate decision to try to take his head off. As far as I'm concerned, he went to Michigan.

Yeah that's wrong.     That's the exact type of hit you want to eliminate.  

I think you are giving the NFL too much credit. What they are mostly concerened about right now is the narrative of dirty bengals vs poor victim steelers. Any fines handed down to them at this point runs contrary to this.

I have watched a good bit of media coverage about the upcoming Broncos game and the focus is entirely on "How can the league prevent the Broncos from retaliating for perceived dirty hits in last meeting". (paraphrased of course)

I think you are giving the NFL too much credit. What they are mostly concerened about right now is the narrative of dirty bengals vs poor victim Stealers. Any fines handed down to them at this point runs contrary to this.

I have watched a goof bit of media coverage about the upcoming Broncos game and the focus is entirely on "How can the league prevent the Broncos from getting retribution for perceived dirty hits in last meeting". (paraphrased of course)

The ironic thing is that they are waiting for the broncos to reciprocate so they can start bashing them too. What about the fear that the stealers will continue their douchebaggery? Are they going to watch the stealers sideline for their coaches being dicks?

Archived