Lewis Press Conference at 3:00 on ESPN

Applaud the fans for the atmosphere.   Great environment.  Fantastic Fans

Didn't finish the game out.  We got involved in plays we lost our cool and it affected the outcome.   It's too bad.   His message is they are privlaged to play in NFL.  They need to represents themselves and us the whole time.

We have to control us.   Gave ballgame away.

A lot of positives.    But we have to earn our way back. 

1. We walked away a bunch.   didn't walk away at a critical point.   He's got to find a better way to gets his message across.   He won't share his methods.

2. At some point we have to play as pros all the time.   Things are reinforced all the time. 

3. What do expect to see from Vontaze, Pac?   both are heartbroke.  To the point of tears.  Realize they are wrong.   LB and S are at the tip of the spear in the atmosphere in the NFL.    They react to a penalty that should have been and then the other side doesn't get it.   (Marvin is talking disparity in calls, IMO)

Need to get all that away and go win the football game.  

Marvin does not know how much scar tissue stay with a player.      Marvin defending Burfict.  He plays very well within the rules.

Marvin didn't think the hit was over the line but he has to learn to play within the rules and how it's going to be called.  (IMO, Marvin doesn't agree with offensive players getting protection).

Marvin talking a lot about the opportunity to play in the NFL and they need to respect it. 

Feels sick for the fans.  

The game won't get behind him for a long time if ever. 

Marvin shying away from the questions about replay on head hits.

Andy should be able to do all offseason stuff.    QB spot is as strong as when they had Carson and Jon.  

Won't have as much change as people think with players.   He thinks they'll be OK and guys have learned lessons going to other teams.  They feel good about it.    The core is here.  Position wise they are in good shape.   NFL system works.  

Didn't get to meet with Reggie but thinks he'll be fine. 

Thinks all the social media stuff helped get it out of hand the first time around.   Admits he wasn't on top of it.  He treated it as chatter no big deal. 

Makes joke about not having his head down but rather up.   IMO, a shot at Shazier.  

Thinks all the social media stuff helped get it out of hand the first time around.   Admits he wasn't on top of it.  He treated it as chatter no big deal. 

This is the thing.  Marv can be quite a flippant light hearted guy at times, but regarding situational management during games, was he like this before Jeremy Hill's final carry in the WC game?.  I'm wondering if he's actually serious enough to his players when he needs to be.

This is the kind of game that will tell you what kind of brotherhood this team has... It will either bring them together or rip them apart...

I hope lessons were learned. We have to be in control... We have to be the ones in their heads.. Talk shit and smile and walk away and make them lose it.

This is the kind of game that will tell you what kind of brotherhood this team has... It will either bring them together or rip them apart...

I hope lessons were learned. We have to be in control... We have to be the ones in their heads.. Talk shit and smile and walk away and make them lose it.

Let's hope this works for the team like the 1988 AFCCG did for the Bills...

There haven't been any lessons learned in 7 playoff games. Not sure how anyone could possibly believe this man. I'd believe Obama saying I can keep my doctor before I would ever believe anything Marvin says about winning playoff games.

To Marvin Lewis......you have covered this same topic or similar over and over and the results never change.   My point is not to argue was it a penalty or was it not or if the Stealers do it why can't we or whether the Ref's suck or not (they do) or if Porter should die (yes).  That is not the issue.  Last week both Taze and Jones talked about being marked men.  They knew it, you knew it, everyone in the country knew it.  The emphasis should have been to them "DON"T BE STUPID" 

But Marvin....when Taze intercepted the pass and ran it down the tunnel with Pacman running with him you should have realized that they were both on the verge of getting out of control.  You should have pulled them both and made them settle down or sit down.

You failed Marvin.  You should be held accountable.  Resign Marvin.

Let's hope this works for the team like the 1988 AFCCG did for the Bills...

What seriously pisses me off to no end is how these MF ers Stealers continue to get by with murder and it just keeps on happening year after year and game after game.You watch how friggin dirty they play against the ponies this weekend.I am telling you they get by with more cheap shots and dirty play than any team in nfl.The refs super super suck and they helped cost us this game.They did not call shit burger and his death squad for crap,they had coaches on the field,all their stink players were screaming at our coaches and our bench all friggin night and NOTHING was done about it.Peko jumped out there because half their players were standing right by our bench cussing and yelling at our coaches and players.That shit happens all the time with them and some of their players said that mike tomlin teaches that crap and he wants his players to play as dirty as possible.He is a fuckin thug and always has been.He super stinks and I so hope the DENVER BRONCOS ARE READY FOR THEIR ARSE..They better be because the stoolers are going to do everything they can to get them out of their game.And they will be trying to kill Manning,and they will get by with late hits and cheap shots all game.I so hate them more than ever.I hate they are in our division.You will NEVER convince me that cheap shot Gio got from the stealer asshole was not an intentional shot.He should have been kick out of game.

But Marvin....when Taze intercepted the pass and ran it down the tunnel with Pacman running with him you should have realized that they were both on the verge of getting out of control.  You should have pulled them both and made them settle down or sit down.

You failed Marvin.  You should be held accountable.  Resign Marvin.

Wait....so you think that when Burfict had the INT that should have been the nail in the coffin and he and Pacman and a few other players ran into the tunnel as to signify game being over as it should have been....you think this should have been a warning to Marvin that they were on the verge of getting out of control?  HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.  That gave me a good chuckle.  

That's a far leap in logic there don't you think?  

Wait....so you think that when Burfict had the INT that should have been the nail in the coffin and he and Pacman and a few other players ran into the tunnel as to signify game being over as it should have been....you think this should have been a warning to Marvin that they were on the verge of getting out of control?  HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.  That gave me a good chuckle.  

That's a far leap in logic there don't you think?  

Nope, not at all.  Hey, if you think that Marvin is the best we can do that's OK.  I get it.  I respectfully disagree.

I have a lot of respect for Blair Walsh the Vikings kicker who missed the game winning field goal.  He came right out and took complete and total responsibility.  He said it was totally his fault alone.  I saw another report where he said he understands the consequences.  He manned up.

Marvin never takes the blame.  He didn't today.

Nope, not at all.  Hey, if you think that Marvin is the best we can do that's OK.  I get it.  I respectfully disagree.

I have a lot of respect for Blair Walsh the Vikings kicker who missed the game winning field goal.  He came right out and took complete and total responsibility.  He said it was totally his fault alone.  I saw another report where he said he understands the consequences.  He manned up.

Blair Walsh isn't the coach of the vikings. If I recall, I think Jeremy Hill took responsibility. I'm not sure why you think Marvin should come out publicly and take responsibility. They were BS calls. After the fumble, the refs determined who was going to win the game. That should never happen.

You mean like Jeremy Hill did?  :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Archived