Mike Brown 1 of 2 owners to vote against Rams move to LA

His reasoning:

http://deadspin.com/my-god-mike-brown-might-be-the-worst-owner-in-sports-1752714012?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+deadspin%2Ffull+(Deadspin)

Brown has a well-documented reputation for refusing to go along with anything that helps the league become bigger and better. His primary concern in those situations is the impact of the new revenue on the salary cap.

So Brown prefers the status quo, especially when the status quo doesn’t require him to spend more money on players.

What a load of shit. So someone puts words in Brown's mouth and then goes on to draw all kinds of stupid conclusions about it. Good lord, I hate this age of "journalism".

I'm pretty sure this is speculation but when I saw two owners voted no I thought one might be Mike.

Didnt he vote against so real shitty deal awhile back (wanna say the cba that almost led to a lockout?). I'm sure he didn't vote no just because the salary cap would go up. Any move to LA would increase revenue sharing pots probably off-setting increase in salary cap. It probably has more to do with the fact they are uprooting a football team and royally fucking fanbases and putting two teams in the same city that already has two basketball teams, two soccer teams, a hockey team, and two baseball teams where fans typically disappear when they suck.

I've been waiting for this, said the same thing when he was one of only two to vote against the first shitty CBA that then got thrown out for the exact reasons he opposed it.

Just look for anything and everything to bash this organization for. What year do the Rams move back out of LA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Mike Brown voted against it,  I doubt the reasoning supplied is portrayed accurately.        From I what I heard today the proposal accepted was opposite of the one their committee appointed first recommended and they still have two unsettled situations in two cities. 

I've been waiting for this, said the same thing when he was one of only two to vote against the first shitty CBA that then got thrown out for the exact reasons he opposed it.

Just look for anything and everything to bash this organization for. What year do the Rams move back out of LA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And nobody ever gave credit to MB and Ralph RIP for being right about that. Even after all the shit they got when they voted against it for being two old cheapskates.

I'm guessing the author is not from St Louis. 

BTW, I actually agreed with Mike and Mike this morning. They were ripping the Rams owner for trying to console the fans while ripping their team away from them. Talking like there was nothing he could do about it.

Mike Brown says he supports Inglewood plan

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2016, 3:47 PM EST
cD05ODdlNmNhY2MwMjRlZWQzNTJhM2ViYTQ1Y2VlY2YzOCZnPTRjYmUzODhmOGRiZDBkNzIyNTE4YjM2MTc0ODY1NGU4AP

At a time when those in the room believed that Bengals owner Mike Brown was one of the two who voted against the Inglewood proposal, Brown has publicly supported the league’s decision to allow the Rams to relocate there.

“Stan Kroenke has put together an exceptional plan,” Brown said in an item that appeared earlier this hour on the team’s official website. “The league to a man is excited about this prospect.”

Well, not every man is excited about the prospect, because two of 32 owners definitely voted no. Since the ballots were cast secretly, no one ever will know who they are.

“It’s a huge market,” Brown said. “It’s a market that has changed dramatically since the NFL was last there. There’s no reason the NFL shouldn’t be successful there. Especially if we go about it the right way.”

As one source explained it to PFT, Brown was perceived as an opponent to the Inglewood project based on things he said during the Tuesday ownership meeting. In addition to his reputation for resisting this type of dramatic change, he expressed concern that the new revenues generated by Kroenkeworld will result in an increase in the team-by-team salary cap.

So while we acknowledge that Brown publicly says he supports the project, this doesn’t change the belief by his partners that he was one of the two who privately opposed it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/mike-brown-says-he-supports-inglewood-plan/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Sent an email to Mr.Petchesky, I encourage all of you to do likewise:  barryp@deadspin.com

Here's mine:

Excellent Journalism.....take an unsubstantiated rumor, assign to fact, draw and elaborate a conclusion based upon it.   If you remember, I suspect not, the Mike Brown and the late Ralph Wilson voted against the NFL's CBA and were labeled as idiots at the time.   Only to be vindicated when it came time to renew.   Predicting the future...I'd call that visionary.

Looks like your sources inside PFT aren't so reliable, but elevated them to eye witness.

Start a new article  "Barry Petchesky is the biggest moron of  tabloid level journalism"

LOL, i will say this, it's going to be really really interesting when our 30 year lease expires in 2026(We're now officially closer to the end of the lease then we are to Palmer's Kimo'd knee) I do not think the team will move, but I could see them possibly signing a 10-15 year extension and then asking for a new stadium....where the hell it would go would be interesting.... I could see the Cincinnati Gardens Arena area actually being a good spot, but would the city want them to move out of downtown? Or possibly they rop down the duke energy center and try to fit it in there?

LOL, i will say this, it's going to be really really interesting when our 30 year lease expires in 2026(We're now officially closer to the end of the lease then we are to Palmer's Kimo'd knee) I do not think the team will move, but I could see them possibly signing a 10-15 year extension and then asking for a new stadium....where the hell it would go would be interesting.... I could see the Cincinnati Gardens Arena area actually being a good spot, but would the city want them to move out of downtown? Or possibly they rop down the duke energy center and try to fit it in there?

Riverfront was structurally fine.   Some maintenance was overlooked.     The biggest hurdles came from it being a shared stadium.

Who knows what Stadi of the future will demand but the biggest cause for 2 stadiums were because the 2 teams couldn't agree on anything.    Marge didn't see  the value in club sections etc. 

I imagine,  an extension will require several improvements that the county has tried to put off. 

I think the Bengals are in Cincinnati as long as they are owned by the Brown family. When Mike goes I am guessing the team goes to Katie. I can't see her moving her grandfather's team anywhere. PBS has also help up remarkably well. I traveled home for a game this year and it looks about the same as it did in the early 2000s. 

As long as it has seats facing the pitch, and enough seats for everyone who wants to see, then I don't give a stuff about the rest of the shenanigans that count as a stadium "getting old". They're steal concrete structures with plastic seats right? I don't see the Buckeyes asking to move because their stadium is older than the NFL, and I'm pretty sure they don't struggle to fill it.

Archived