Hue gone to the Browns

Christ. The other teams must not have cared much for him. Personally, I think the Titans would have been a really good fit for him.  Guess he'll be back soon. Let's hope he doesn't steal Marvin Jones.

So with 3 coached now gone, possibly more in talking stages, it will be interesting to see if any FA's of ours follow them to their new teams.   It would be a good indication if Marvin has the grasp on this team or his coaches do.    Marvin believes he has control which in reality is far from the truth.  

Unfortunately, we will lose some we don't want to lose.

Christ. The other teams must not have cared much for him. Personally, I think the Titans would have been a really good fit for him.  Guess he'll be back soon. Let's hope he doesn't steal Marvin Jones.

I just told a friend of mine exactly the same thing.  Hue's arrogance got the best of him.  He should've waited for just about any other team to make an offer.

That front office is a train wreck, the personnel is bad on both sides of the ball, AAAAND ownership has shown NO patience with their Head Coaches.

He'll be back in a couple years.  Now, the question is, "Who's going to keep his seat warm?"  My guess is an in-house hire - either Ken Zampese or James Urban.  The only I guy that I would think has to get some consideration is the outgoing Giants OC, Ben McAdoo.

We should all be feeling deep sympathy for him ... he has decided to spend 4 years building up his chances, only to blow his entire career in Cleveland and the Powerball-like chance that he can craft them into a winner. It's sad actually.

My deepest condolences to his family.

1. That call on the playoff  2 point conversion was enough for me not to want him as OC anymore.

2. His scheme was fairly simple, anyone can design 7 OL formations with a split line and put our 2nd round OT at TE and FB. None of it is terribly sophisticated or ground-breaking. I've set up a better playbook on Madden.

3. I think Marvin and Hue had an agreement from the beginning that he would come in and help and leave at his first chance, so I am sure Marvin has prepared for this and isn't too sad.

4. He is going to Cleveland, where all talent goes to die and will be fired within 4 years tops, could even be 2. The problem isn't with the coach it's with the organization. They have even defied the odds that occasionally you will be good, as it's actually difficult to be that consistently bad.

I like Hue but he really made the wrong decision here, he should have gone to NY. The Browns are so mismanaged that they will screw his chances of being successful.

Basically he'll be back here in 2-3 years.

He'll be wishing he was back in Oakland by training camp start.

Marvin has proven that any coordinator is replaceable. The Bengals IMPROVED after losing both Gruden and Zimmer in overall record.

Marvin's system is what works and that is in place. Despite conventional wisdom he is the KEY to all of it. Hell I'd give Marvin an extension, he just went 12-4 and without an Andy injury would have been 14-2.

Marvin has proven that any coordinator is replaceable. The Bengals IMPROVED after losing both Gruden and Zimmer in overall record.

Marvin's system is what works and that is in place. Despite conventional wisdom he is the KEY to all of it. Hell I'd give Marvin an extension, he just went 12-4 and without an Andy injury would have been 14-2.

And waitng for the playoffs to start.

I don't know if he stays inside like he did with Hue but im sure he has a plan!

Archived