I owe this site an apology

My first exposure to football was at the age of four. The Super Bowl game between the Bengals and 49'ers. My father was rooting for the Bengals that game and I have been a die hard fan ever since.

I owe this site an apology because I have been posting outlandish shit about how we should trade Dalton, cut Hill, fire Lewis, not re-sign Pacman. The Stealers game really fucked me up. I thought this team had reached its all time low during the second Stealers game on the play that Dalton got hurt. However I was wrong as we made it to even a new low.  This upset me very much and I have been on here acting like a fool.

Last night after work was the first I've been able to re-watch the game. I feel so much better about our team now. That hit by Burfict was not an intentional head shot. It was a bang bang play. Should've been ruled unfortunate as the hit on Gio was. We were cheated out of the game.

Now I feel we should definitely keep Dalton. Two good QB's are better than one. We need Pacman back, and hopefully Hill spends the offseason improving his ball carrying skills.  This team should dominate next year and if something happens to Dalton again we have a quality guy to be the next man up.

Love this site and thanks to everyone for the great posts.

When Dalton was struggling there was all sorts of "What IF"  posts about many scenarios regarding the season.   Bam a horrible one happened.

Bengals lost which cause enormous frustration across Bengal Nation.

Dalton - MVP caliber season,  Injured and thus lost an opportunity to prove himself in the critical stretch of the season and playoffs

Bengals played well enough to win the game.    Then promptly fucked it up themselves.  BUT.....

There was a bunch of bullshit missed calls and all sorts of other things that contributed.    

Just a whole fucking mess.   A mess that won't be resolved.  

Nothing left to do but start another season without joy and wait/hope for another playoff birth. 

That's big of you.  

Everybody was bent out of shape.  In the aftermath, I was 100% certain that EVERYONE would be calling for Marvin Lewis's head on a platter.  As the dust has settled, I really believe that the national media - and there complete, total, utter lack of perspective - is galvanizing Bengals fans in a way we haven't seen since the 80s.  It's becoming "us against the world".  I'm ready for that.  Who's with me?

My first exposure to football was at the age of four. The Super Bowl game between the Bengals and 49'ers. My father was rooting for the Bengals that game and I have been a die hard fan ever since.

I owe this site an apology because I have been posting outlandish shit about how we should trade Dalton, cut Hill, fire Lewis, not re-sign Pacman. The Stealers game really fucked me up. I thought this team had reached its all time low during the second Stealers game on the play that Dalton got hurt. However I was wrong as we made it to even a new low.  This upset me very much and I have been on here acting like a fool.

Last night after work was the first I've been able to re-watch the game. I feel so much better about our team now. That hit by Burfict was not an intentional head shot. It was a bang bang play. Should've been ruled unfortunate as the hit on Gio was. We were cheated out of the game.

Now I feel we should definitely keep Dalton. Two good QB's are better than one. We need Pacman back, and hopefully Hill spends the offseason improving his ball carrying skills.  This team should dominate next year and if something happens to Dalton again we have a quality guy to be the next man up.

Love this site and thanks to everyone for the great posts.

I'm new on here, and I piss people off too with my opinions, but no matter how bitter a post is, I believe in my heart we all want nothing more than to see the Bengals win. I reflexively jumped in the air and screamed with joy when Green caught that touchdown pass. My brain was turned into mush by the last 90 seconds of that game. I was 20 when Montana found Taylor in the end zone to beat us in the Super Bowl, and it still pisses me off. I haven't been able to re-watch the game (meaning I could, but don't have the stomach for it yet), but your not the first person to say it reinforces the view that we got hosed. Call the NFL at (212)-450-2000. No matter how you choose to express your anger, it'll make you feel a little better.

When Dalton was struggling there was all sorts of "What IF"  posts about many scenarios regarding the season.   Bam a horrible one happened.

Bengals lost which cause enormous frustration across Bengal Nation.

Dalton - MVP caliber season,  Injured and thus lost an opportunity to prove himself in the critical stretch of the season and playoffs

Bengals played well enough to win the game.    Then promptly fucked it up themselves.  BUT.....

There was a bunch of bullshit missed calls and all sorts of other things that contributed.    

Just a whole fucking mess.   A mess that won't be resolved.  

Nothing left to do but start another season without joy and wait/hope for another playoff birth. 

Just say it.  You know you want to.  Here you go, I'll say it for you...

Sixpeat.

That's big of you.  

Everybody was bent out of shape.  In the aftermath, I was 100% certain that EVERYONE would be calling for Marvin Lewis's head on a platter.  As the dust has settled, I really believe that the national media - and there complete, total, utter lack of perspective - is galvanizing Bengals fans in a way we haven't seen since the 80s.  It's becoming "us against the world".  I'm ready for that.  Who's with me?

Always in your corner, Alice. But...

The NFL has been approaching NBA-corrupt proportions for at least the last 5 years. It is so tangible when viewing it--especially in person--that I always knew it was only a matter of time before I would walk away from it. That time has arrived. It goes beyond what happens to a franchise I have supported (financially as well as emotionally); it goes to the heart of the sport in general. The degeneration into a cheap facsimile of a game I grew up with, is simply not acceptable. I cannot, nor will not, support it again. It is not a conspiracy theory, but cold hard fact.

Anyone can believe what they want to believe. But for me, I am done.         

It's all good.  Pretty much the whole reason I stayed off the site for a few days after the 

game.  I was pissed off enough by myself.  I had been drinking but somehow managed

enough sense to stay off of here.  lol   Not judging you or anyone else either because I've

more than likely been guilty of the same shit.  :)    

Archived