One Week Later...How Is Everyone Doing?

I have seen better days. But I think I'm going to make it.

It's weird because other than Hill fumbling, I really don't have any player or coach to "blame"

for the loss. And hearing the absolute anguish in Hill's voice when he realized his fumble

lead to them losing the game made me feel horrible for him. The NFL absolutely screwed the pooch.

And sadly the Bengals and their fans are that pooch. It really makes me outraged like I have never

experienced from watching sports. But other than rant and rave, what are you going to do?

I'll be a Bengals fan til the day I die. I just hope I never have to experience any BS like this again.

And I really hope it fuels this Franchise to do whatever it takes to make the Stealers and the

rest of the NFL their bitches.

I remember going to my first game with my Dad at Nippert Stadium and have been thru all the highs and lows.  I know the trendy thing to do is to blame everything on the media_Stealers_refs_NFL etc and don't get me wrong it pisses me off. but I guess to be honest, in the back of mind, as much as I fought the feeling, I wasn't that surprised at the end.  It is sad but I am trying to be honest.

I also know this isn't the trendy position but it is way past time to hold Marvin Lewis accountable. 

'bout the same I guess.  A little amazed at some of the reactions, folks trying to convince themselves that the whole mess isn't a sham as well as the absurd scapegoating of Burfict & the team in general.  It's actually helpful personally though because it's hard to get too upset over such a complete farce. Zero faith in the NFL or the product at this point. Boggles my mind that people wager their own real American dollars on this mess but whatever, it's not my money.

I may feel a little differently by the time the draft rolls around but as of right now I can't find it in myself to give much of a shit one way or the other.  I mean I still want the Bengals to win but it's more like how I also want Jon Snow to prevail in Game of Thrones, for example.  It's an entertaining work of fiction & the outcome is kind of arbitrary.

I also know this isn't the trendy position but it is way past time to hold Marvin Lewis accountable. 

So much this ☝?  And, yeah, its been my dead horse for years.

I simply can't let this one go.  More so than any other Bengal games including the Super Bowl losses.

If we had lost straight up, that's one thing but this was so dependent on the calls, non calls and missed calls that  I almost(?) think the fix was in.  The NFL seemed to have a kayfabe going for the Cinderella Squeelers.  Fueling this is no way would this shit have been pulled on a "respected" coach but Marvin Milquetoast is a pussy and patsy.

Reading the stuff on here (and love it!  great stuff!)  the questions just keep coming:  how can Peko be fined and not Brasier? how can Porker be fined but not have been flagged?  How can Bernard be hit in the face mask with a targeted spear of the helmet and knocked unconscious but Burfict hits Annette Brown with a shoulder and is suspended three games?  Hill's fumble/non fumble and everything involved from the call to him needing to be told to hold on to the ball.

The parade of coaches out the door and Marvin is still here.  If he had a hair on his ass he would have resigned the day after that train wreck of bullshit and ineptitude.

I guess I can't let this one go because what happened should not have happened.  The Bengals players actions on the field did not dictate the outcome which is the way it should be.

I'm still absolutely furious. Having seen the fines and, in some cases, lack of fines given out has only stoked my fury. You can't make decisions that genuinely affect the result and correct them with minor fines. After all, the result went the way the NFL wanted and they can also claim that they corrected any refereeing mistakes. Like appointing the ref crew they did with the connections they have.

It doesn't help that all the usual "reporters" were fed identical stories about how thuggish the Bengals are and angelic the pissburgh cuntbags are. A far cry from the reaction after the Fatfuck Bettis Bowl. So now everyone who doesn't know assumes it's Bengals Bengaling, the NFL can claim that a line has been drawn under things, and only us, the city, fans, team and players are left distraught at the injustice of it all.

Perhaps most annoyingly I refuse to fund such blatant fixing of games and thus wont be going to Wembley. Something I've been looking forward to for a decade. I couldn't live with myself if I gave them £300 of my hard-earned for a sham.

Parents regularly say to kids that they're not angry, they're just disappointed. I'm both angry and disappointed.

I need help.   Remind you I live and work in Lousiville Ky.

Guy at work, Mike. Huges sports buff, knows everything about everything sports, also a die hard Broncos fan. 

Tonight at work Mike was saying that after halftime Burfict told a reporter that he was going to hurt a steeler. 

A reception to M.Bryant on a play that went out of bounds,  Lewis can be seen holding Burficts arms behind his back,,,,,,as in to keep him from attacking Bryant on the side line. 

I told Mike that I didn't believe it. Told him not that I didnt believe him but I didnt believe his sources. He told me to go back and watch the game that the announcers say that Burfict said he was going to hurt a Steeler.  Told him I've watched the game three times and didnt notice any of his claims. If this is false as I assume, who the heck put this out there?  Obviously he saw a video or read something to make him believe this non sense.

Or is Mike right? Did Burfict come out after halftime and tell a CBS reeporter he was going to hurt a Steeler? Can M.Lewis be seen holding back Burfict from attacking M.Bryant on the Bengals side line? 

I need help.   Remind you I live and work in Lousiville Ky.

Guy at work, Mike. Huges sports buff, knows everything about everything sports, also a die hard Broncos fan. 

Tonight at work Mike was saying that after halftime Burfict told a reporter that he was going to hurt a steeler. 

A reception to M.Bryant on a play that went out of bounds,  Lewis can be seen holding Burficts arms behind his back,,,,,,as in to keep him from attacking Bryant on the side line. 

I told Mike that I didn't believe it. Told him not that I didnt believe him but I didnt believe his sources. He told me to go back and watch the game that the announcers say that Burfict said he was going to hurt a Steeler.  Told him I've watched the game three times and didnt notice any of his claims. If this is false as I assume, who the heck put this out there?  Obviously he saw a video or read something to make him believe this non sense.

Or is Mike right? Did Burfict come out after halftime and tell a CBS reeporter he was going to hurt a Steeler? Can M.Lewis be seen holding back Burfict from attacking M.Bryant on the Bengals side line? 

With the national witch hunt on full steam, I find it hard to believe this happened and it hasn't been reported everywhere and beat into the ground. You know the NFL would push to have this publicized to support it's suspension. This sounds like urban legend to me.

It has been a week today since I was standing in the rain, experiencing arguably the swiftest high to low moments in my sporting life. 

Still really angry...although that is muted. 

Just checking the pulse of my people here. How the heck are ya?

I was just about to start a thread. It was going to say....I thought I made peace with the loss by Tuesday, however, when pulling up my DTV guide last night to see what game was on first, I saw KC @ New England and got a little sick to my stomach. One can only wonder what would have transpired had that read Cincinnati @ New England. Damn, this sucks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

A week later, I still feel like I watched one of the most badly officiated games in the history of the NFL.

I also feel like if the Bengals are going to be among the toughest, scariest teams in the league, I'm 100% on board even it costs then a game on ocassion.

I'd like five minutes of Vontaze Burfict's time to tell him that he's my favorite Bengal and that if everyone in every walk of life did their job with as much passion and enthusiasm as he does, we'd all be better for it.

Lastly, I believe that all of the negative press is pissing of Bengals fans across the country, and is creating a rallying cry that we can all get behind.  If the players are feeling the same way, 2016 will be a lot of fun - something truly special.  One way or the other, I'll be living my life around Sunday afternoons.

Did you watch the NFL highlights?  This is the closest thing I know of that describes the scenario: 

https://youtu.be/_j3zR91RnkA?t=110

I was just about to start a thread. It was going to say....I thought I made peace with the loss by Tuesday, however, when pulling up my DTV guide last night to see what game was on first, I saw KC @ New England and got a little sick to my stomach. One can only wonder what would have transpired had that read Cincinnati @ New England. Damn, this sucks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

That was going to be my post. I am rationalizng that we wouldn't have had much of a chance with the injuries sustained last week to key players. But it would've been nice to prolong the football season another week and find out what could've happened. Plus hopefully we injured the stealers out of advancing.

Back into the mode of rooting against other teams. 

Still super bummed

Seeing these teams playing this weekend and no Bengals pisses me off. The NFL is a joke..like for real.. The way the game was handled/officiated was one thing..but the way the fines and suspensions were handed down afterwards is fucking absurd... I can't understand how the Bengals aren't raising hell....

PS... I wish I didn't care

I am doing worse. I'm bouncing back and forth between denial and anger in the stages of grief. The mainstream narrative that the Bengals are thuggish buffoons is making me near homicidal. A jackass on the radio last night said, "what a diservice the Bengals did by depriving everyone of the chance of seeing Antonio Brown play against Denver." I wanted to jump threw my car radio and strangle him, Pittsburgh wouldn't even be playing Denver without that play, which by the way the refs weren't calling as a penalty against Steeler defenders and on and on and on I could go. I'm doing worse.

By midweek I was better than I thought I'd be.  Like others, I think my main consolation is realizing that the Bengals weren't going to win the whole thing this year without their starting quarterback (and then with the injuries sustained in the Stealers game), so in that regard it's "just another playoff loss" (the officiating and other things aside).  Another thing that has made it easier is that there seems to be a mood among Stealer fans is that they got a gift they didn't deserve, and I've not read or heard any gloating or smack talk.  Furthermore, they're banged up pretty badly heading to Denver.

Even in the dark hours of late Saturday night and early Sunday morning, I wasn't inclined to put this game above either of the Super Bowl losses, and I'm still not.  Only time will tell, but I do think this will rank #3 all-time, though. I will never get over either of the Super Bowls, because they were "that" close to NFL history.

It has been a week today since I was standing in the rain, experiencing arguably the swiftest high to low moments in my sporting life. 

Still really angry...although that is muted. 

Just checking the pulse of my people here. How the heck are ya?

Dealing with other shit will take the mind off of the BS that existed before today. However, this post and thread will not be the last one that reminds me of the BS that rainy evening. I so badly need therapy after 43 plus years of doing the same thing expecting different results... Whatever is wrong with me probably should explain why I like the Cubs too... In other words, I feel like shit, thanks for asking. :ninja:

I just hope next year we go on a 'Fuck Everybody' tour similar to the 2007 Patriots. Run up the score, cheat, Burfict out there running wild pissing everyone off. Then as Marvin hands the Lombardi to the Brown family, tells Goodell and the entire NFL*  to fuck off before riding off into the sunset.

Just hoping we find a way to keep key personal during the off season. Marvin Jones, Reggie Nelson, Adam Jones, to name a few. Sanu is likely gone. This is his big shot at a major contract. No one can really blame him. Green needs his bookend Marvin. Mr Brown needs to sign this kid big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived