Who's the ONE player that absolutely must go?

Keiwan Tate for sure. Brings nothing to the table on ST nor as a WR. Hawk is obvious. I think Smith is better than some give him credit for. Interior line is a bit suspect aside from Zeitler. LB needs upgraded badly. Nugent could go, he's missed some crucial kicks recently. Aside from that I can only think of the HC but that's not going to happen. Mike Brown is FAR too conservative to lose his assistants AND fire his HC all in one year. I just don't see it.

The only player on the roster that I think MUST go is Bodine. He was absolutely horrible most of the season although I will say he played a little better at the end, but not well enough to make me feel we shouldn't draft a Center very high in this years draft,

Backup linebackers or average special teamers aren't high on my list of players who MUST go....

Everyone has that one player they think is terrible and a liability. I always think of this topic and it reminds me of the JT days when everyone was trying to get rid of him for whatever reason. and he wasnt even close to top 5 worst players on the team, so i ask... who is that one guy who sucked terribly and must go?

for me.. its AJ Hawk. there has never been a more worthless, slow, stat whore peice of shit i have ever watched on the field..

constantly getting blocked back, constantly hoping to get there close enough to get that .5 tackle. 

I know there is enough delusion with OSU fans that think he doesnt suck, i even saw some fucking retard ask via social media "when we will see more aj hawk cause he is the best LB on the team"...

the guy was fucking terrible. 

my runner up is Lamur and Rey these two sucked a bag of dicks all year too...

get dawson on the field and get him ready to play full time.. and draft some LB's..

aj hawk is a joke..

I agree with your assessment of Rey. He lacks size and instinct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a whole lot of players come to mind.    Bodine was horrible.  No where good as Cook, IMO. 

Need upgrade in LB talent for sure. 

I vote Bodine.    

I vote Bodie too. When he was matched up against some of the bigger tackles he had his lunch eaten quite often. The first Ravens game comes to mind the Arizona one sticks out as well also if I'm remembering correctly. Aj Hawk V Rey E Lamur next on list then I would have to go with big Andre. He didn't have a good year seemed to get beat alot and sure wasn't dominating run blocking either. Hell even in the Madden weekly roster updates he started year out around 90 overall. After the last week of the year final update he had moved down to mid or low 70s. I've never seen a player decrease that badly. I may even include Hill on the list not because he's horrible but everytime I see him it will bring the memory of that fumble up without a doubt and That's no good.

yep, still confused why we didnt keep josh brown.

mine is peko and possibly whitworth if it means ced o sits and we pay him 9million, rather us it on a center.

????

He is still playing at a very high level.  They will let Andre walk and Ced O will start at RT next year.

Andre was pretty good against pissburg

Actually Andre was good against Stealers. Our sacred cow #77 didn't show up. He has never had a penalty free playoff game. James Harrison manhandled him. That fumble was on him too, but no one here would dear mention that small detail. I said it before that game and I say it now . The day #77 goes penalty free in a playoff game. We win

yeah, i still can't get over how we drafted fisher instead of tyler lockett, who would have really been an excellent dual threat for us this year that we could have really utilized. god, i hated that pick! i wonder just what in the hell it is they expect out of fisher, who they, read paul alexander [likely],  supposedly had ranked so high? i can't see where he fits in their future plans, and i sure didn't get any hint of the things that impressed them so much in his rookie campaign. just what we needed ...a 290-300 lb right tackle!

Damn! We had a shot a Lockett!

Yep

Peko is like that girl in high school that brings in brownies and helps you with your homework. Another sacred cow that fails to be a run stuffer in big games. "But everybody likes me" in the locker room. Which is pretty important too....I Guess....right...? Which is probably why I like him to. All teams need the guys

Peko is like that girl in high school that brings in brownies and helps you with your homework. Another sacred cow that fails to be a run stuffer in big games. "But everybody likes me" in the locker room. Which is pretty important too....I Guess....right...? Which is probably why I like him to. All teams need the guys

He was better than Thompson and Fat Pat this season. As the off tackle, I suppose that's OK. He was just that...OK.

Actually Andre was good against Stealers. Our sacred cow #77 didn't show up. He has never had a penalty free playoff game. James Harrison manhandled him. That fumble was on him too, but no one here would dear mention that small detail. I said it before that game and I say it now . The day #77 goes penalty free in a playoff game. We win

Eh, that fumble was on our QB being a moron. In a 3 step drop you don't drop back and just hold the ball. You must get rid of it when your foot plants. Three step drops are meant to be fast and decisive. 

Keiwan Tate for sure. Brings nothing to the table on ST nor as a WR. Hawk is obvious. I think Smith is better than some give him credit for. Interior line is a bit suspect aside from Zeitler. LB needs upgraded badly. Nugent could go, he's missed some crucial kicks recently. Aside from that I can only think of the HC but that's not going to happen. Mike Brown is FAR too conservative to lose his assistants AND fire his HC all in one year. I just don't see it.

Agree Tate Period..enough said

I expected a AJ dig, if I said anything about #77. You was right on time bub.

Whitworth didn't play well in that game, but that play wasn't on him. Just because everyone knows McCarron is terrible doesn't mean Whitworth gets a free pass. That play was not in the top 10 plays in that game to criticize Whitworth though.

I'm glad you mentioned #77.

I thought he had a bad year plus a few costly penalties.

I can't remember the game, but there was a long completion to AJ or Marvin Jones down the left sideline that was called back because of a hold by him.

If you watch his blocking technique, he could be call for holding against every speed rusher he has faced.

I can see now why the Bengals were reluctant to give him anything more than a one year extension.

Maybe the reason for his down year could be in correlation to dropping weight in order to line up as a WR on gadget plays

I'm glad you mentioned #77.

I thought he had a bad year plus a few costly penalties.

I can't remember the game, but there was a long completion to AJ or Marvin Jones down the left sideline that was called back because of a hold by him.

If you watch his blocking technique, he could be call for holding against every speed rusher he has faced.

I can see now why the Bengals were reluctant to give him anything more than a one year extension.

Maybe the reason for his down year could be in correlation to dropping weight in order to line up as a WR on gadget plays

It was a down year for him, but still one of the better LTs. I wouldn't be surprised if this coming season is his last here unless he wants to move to interior or RT. I'm glad the Bengals didn't just throw a bunch of cash his way even though they got crushed by the local media/fans for not giving him one.

Whitworth didn't play well in that game, but that play wasn't on him. Just because everyone knows McCarron is terrible doesn't mean Whitworth gets a free pass. That play was not in the top 10 plays in that game to criticize Whitworth though.

I only criticize him because he's the leader of that offensive line. So goes #77 so goes our line. I had a poster say I knew crap about football and that 77 holds every game to see what he can get away with. Really?? I can show you his post if you'd like to see it. Or would that be considered plagiarism.

Domata Peko

Long before the playoff game got out of hand, Peko got a 15 yard penalty for running out onto the field.

Let's face it, Peko is an average player at best. Sims played better most of the year. The argument for his continued tenure is his "leadership".  What kind of leader gets his team -15 trying to run out on the field in his coat to needlessly bump another player? What message does that send to his teammates?

Burfict and Pac - Heat of the moment. High emotions. Not forgivable, but understandable.

Domata Peko - Thought he was being fucking cute. Did something stupid for no reason.

If there's one idiot I don't want to see in stripes next year, it's Peko, and I've defended him in years past.

Archived