Who's the ONE player that absolutely must go?

Dre 0 picks was disappointing but he ended up having a better season than what people are giving him credit for.   Bet he blows up going into a contract year.

He has had a few games where he has been shutdown and a few games where he was pretty bad. Too inconsistent and i'd like to find another CB instead of giving him a new contract.

Dre just needs to be more consistent.

I would not give up on him just yet.

One thing he has that no other DB on our roster has (including Adam Jones) is closing speed.

Plus he always plays his heart out and is very passionate about winning

Many good points here, but saying that getting rid of some backup is absolutely necessary is a bit much.  This needs to be a starting player that inspires zero confidence and most of the team would want out of the building.  

To me those two are:  Hill and Nugent.

Hill may still have a salvageable career, but he has burnt up his goodwill with the Bengals.  Plenty of straight ahead runners that want to bounce it outside while fumbling are available as free agents.

Nugent is sliding into oblivion.  Push him over the edge before he costs the Bengals a couple games next season.

Love to see Peko, Tate, Hawk, and Lamur all somewhere else, but not as essential as Nugent or Hill.

Hawk will get replaced by Dawson and they will draft some backups to fill in depth. I think/hope we resign Illoka, and Pacman (could go either way on Hall depending on money) and would like to keep Reggie long term but if not expect that we tag him. Then it's between Marvin and Sanu, I'd prefer to keep Marvin as slot WRs are easier to get than quality speed guys that make good #2's. Offer Sims and Thompson the same deal and let the other go depending on who signs it, I think they are both backup quality and thats it, then look to the draft for Peko's eventual replacement. Depending on how FA goes, I could see WR, DT, CB, S, and LB all being where we use our first round pick.

Jeremey Hill isnt going anywhere.

Hawk will get replaced by Dawson and they will draft some backups to fill in depth. I think/hope we resign Illoka, and Pacman (could go either way on Hall depending on money) and would like to keep Reggie long term but if not expect that we tag him. Then it's between Marvin and Sanu, I'd prefer to keep Marvin as slot WRs are easier to get than quality speed guys that make good #2's. Offer Sims and Thompson the same deal and let the other go depending on who signs it, I think they are both backup quality and thats it, then look to the draft for Peko's eventual replacement. Depending on how FA goes, I could see WR, DT, CB, S, and LB all being where we use our first round pick.

Jeremey Hill isnt going anywhere.

:24::lmao:

I couldn't tell if it was AJ Hawk or Caleb Miller out there this year.  One of those situations where you actually have to take notice that he's out there to notice he's out there.  Hawk needs to go.

haha I forgot about ol Napoleon Dynamite

Yep

A.J. slowass Hawk.I am a huge Ohio state buckeyes fan,however I too feel that when they leave college to play in the nfl,unless they are drafted by my BENGALS, I totally dislike them.when they are at my college to try to win the national championship,I am all for them.ENOUGH SAID ABOUT THAT.

Next is ANDRE SMITH.he has had some decent years,but it is now time to move on from him and put the new dude in.

Then is Michael Johnson.For a guy that is so built and looks to be strong,he either does not have the motor because he gets man-handled a lot.We can and will do better without him.Draft his replacement this draft.get a stud.

Next is like most of you is Lemur and peko and of course Brandon Tate.Make room for Mario if he ever gets the chance under old marvin.He IS against playing rooks unless they are needed right away,Mario needs to learn his craft.

I vote Bodie too. When he was matched up against some of the bigger tackles he had his lunch eaten quite often. The first Ravens game comes to mind the Arizona one sticks out as well also if I'm remembering correctly. Aj Hawk V Rey E Lamur next on list then I would have to go with big Andre. He didn't have a good year seemed to get beat alot and sure wasn't dominating run blocking either. Hell even in the Madden weekly roster updates he started year out around 90 overall. After the last week of the year final update he had moved down to mid or low 70s. I've never seen a player decrease that badly. I may even include Hill on the list not because he's horrible but everytime I see him it will bring the memory of that fumble up without a doubt and That's no good.

Hill is broken. Can't be fixed. He'll never be the same player. Adrian Peterson he's not. Zimmer nor the Vikings fans would let want to release peterson after that fumble. As for hill ....Bye bye Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Domata Peko

Long before the playoff game got out of hand, Peko got a 15 yard penalty for running out onto the field.

Let's face it, Peko is an average player at best. Sims played better most of the year. The argument for his continued tenure is his "leadership".  What kind of leader gets his team -15 trying to run out on the field in his coat to needlessly bump another player? What message does that send to his teammates?

Burfict and Pac - Heat of the moment. High emotions. Not forgivable, but understandable.

Domata Peko - Thought he was being fucking cute. Did something stupid for no reason.

If there's one idiot I don't want to see in stripes next year, it's Peko, and I've defended him in years past.

When I saw that in a " play off game". I'm screaming at the TV. What the hell are you doing!!! He was absolutely in the throes of emotional meltdown.

Thoughts on Dre Kirkpatrick? No picks this year.

Physically gifted, Mentally weak. Opposing receivers have figured out the formula for getting his head. He has the speed and physical attributes to keep up with any receiver in the league. But tends to be an emotional mess when the trash talking starts. After that he fails to stay focused the entire game.

I couldn't tell if it was AJ Hawk or Caleb Miller out there this year.  One of those situations where you actually have to take notice that he's out there to notice he's out there.  Hawk needs to go.

Have to give it to hawk. As bad as he was. And as invisible as he was. Someone was cashing those checks. He made more bank than most of us combined last year lol.

Dre just needs to be more consistent.

I would not give up on him just yet.

One thing he has that no other DB on our roster has (including Adam Jones) is closing speed.

Plus he always plays his heart out and is very passionate about winning

Yeah that's always impressed me about Dre. The fire in his heart. He just needs to block out the trash talking and use those God given skills of his. There aren't many players that can back peddle than turn a hip like he does.

Archived