Will Danny Amendola be suspended 3 games

Look at this hit. Amendola was the return man and the Chiefs player was going to attempt to down the football. Amendola received a personal foul but the ball was downed at the 2 yard line. It was half the distance so the Patriots suffered a 1 yard penalty for this hit.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Please humor me. Anybody that says the Amendola or Shazier play was legal, please explain to me why the Burdock hit on Brown was not legal. It was nowhere near as violent.

Never mind, I think I've got it now. If it's not a QB or a defenseless receiver, please feel free to try to seperate his head from his body.

Darn! Those idiot refs are at it again!

If only there was something like a "sports league" or whatever that was responsible for them...  Make being a ref sort of like a "job" where your "performance" is "reviewed" and you could be "fired" if you "suck at your job"? Someone should really do something about that.

Darn! Those idiot refs are at it again!

If only there was something like a "sports league" or whatever that was responsible for them...  Make being a ref sort of like a "job" where your "performance" is "reviewed" and you could be "fired" if you "suck at your job"? Someone should really do something about that.

their union would never let it happen..

Seems simple to me.    Lower your head and leave your feet.   Outside tackle box or in open field.     PENALTY.    Then fine/suspend accordingly.

There's very little difference in the Mitchell/Eifert and Shazier/Gio  and the one above.    Very dangerous and always have been dangerous.   Basically using the helmet as a weapon when the defender could easily run through the player.

Seems simple to me.    Lower your head and leave your feet.   Outside tackle box or in open field.     PENALTY.    Then fine/suspend accordingly.

There's very little difference in the Mitchell/Eifert and Shazier/Gio  and the one above.    Very dangerous and always have been dangerous.   Basically using the helmet as a weapon when the defender could easily run through the player.

And it's annoying that Shawn Williams did it the right way and got flagged. And why is there no talk of him being fined for his hit? They must've looked at it. Is it because they saw that he shouldn't have been flagged in the first place?

Shawn Williams was just a bad call.   IMO,  humans don't have the ability to determine that in real time.   All should be reviewed but the hits I referenced above at the time of the play see them lower their head and launch basically using it as a weapon.

Either go that route or go back to letting them blow themselves up. 

John Parry, the head ref, apologized to Marvin and said the Williams hit on Wheaton shouldn't have been a penalty.  The thing is, that's all they have to do, is apologize.  Their (error prone) decisions cost people their jobs and all the refs have to do is apologize afterwards.  Makes complete sense 

John Parry, the head ref, apologized to Marvin and said the Williams hit on Wheaton shouldn't have been a penalty.  The thing is, that's all they have to do, is apologize.  Their (error prone) decisions cost people their jobs and all the refs have to do is apologize afterwards.  Makes complete sense 

Always has been my point: the league has saddled these guys with regulations so multitudinous and complex, there is no possible way for any of them to be called consistently or equitably. They have completely altered the game to the point that penalties (or lack thereof) are consistently changing the outcome of games. This is not how it is supposed to be.   

What about the 5 or 6 other fuck-ups?

Always has been my point: the league has saddled these guys with regulations so multitudinous and complex, there is no possible way for any of them to be called consistently or equitably.

Consider the possibility that they've done this on purpose.  The more vague the rules are the easier it gets to cheat.

Consider the possibility that they've done this on purpose.  The more vague the rules are the easier it gets to cheat.

I completely allow this to be within the realm of possibilities as to what's going on.  Vague rules are much easier to selectively enforce and selective enforcement can very easily sway a game towards the direction of a certain team(s).  It's a slanted table.  

It can't be stated enough....the NFL is a multi billion dollar industry.  When you're dealing with that much money, there is going to be corruption.  I have zero doubts the NFL has been infiltrated long ago.  The manifestation of the infiltration is what we are now seeing.  Get used to it.  

I completely allow this to be within the realm of possibilities as to what's going on.  Vague rules are much easier to selectively enforce and selective enforcement can very easily sway a game towards the direction of a certain team(s).  It's a slanted table.  

It can't be stated enough....the NFL is a multi billion dollar industry.  When you're dealing with that much money, there is going to be corruption.  I have zero doubts the NFL has been infiltrated long ago.  The manifestation of the infiltration is what we are now seeing.  Get used to it.  

Woah there.. Are you suggesting that when billions of dollars are at stake people might not always base their decisions on the highest of altruistic moral principles?

Take off the tinfoil hat, you crazy person! Next you're going to try and tell us that sometimes people lie to protect their interests!

And of course, his team still being in contention plays a huge part in his punishment, word has supposedly come down that he will be fined, but wait until after Sunday's game to see if they've nailed anything down. Yet it took less than a couple of days to suspend Burdock.

Archived