Stealers loss leaves Mike Tomlin in tears

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 18, 2016, 6:29 AM EST

FOXBORO, MA - SEPTEMBER 10:  Head coach Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers speaks to an official in the first half against the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium on September 10, 2015 in Foxboro, Massachusetts.  (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)Getty Images

Stealers coach Mike Tomlin rarely shows a soft side.

But yesterday’s loss to the Broncos left the hard-boiled coach emotional, which his players had never seen.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Tomlin broke down when addressing his team in the locker room.

“There was a lot of emotion. I never saw him cry like that,” wide receiverMartavis Bryant said. “I cried, too. It’s just a hurt feeling. It’s just really hard right now. Because of the adversity we faced. It’s a hurtful feeling.”

“I’m glad I have a coach like that,” defensive end Cam Heyward added. “It hurts even worse, because he’s right in the battle with us.”

Tomlin has every right to feel an emotional attachment to this team, is it had to overcome so much to even get to this point.

His quarterback had to get shot up to play, he was without his best wide receiver, his top two tailbacks and his left tackle and center, and their offense got them this far.

That’s the kind of resilience it’s easy to invest in, and care so much about that it can move you.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/Stealers-struggle-and-loss-leaves-mike-tomlin-in-tears/

From the article .... “No one gave us a chance,” Pro Bowl guard David DeCastro said. “All year we just kind of put our head down and went to work.

I guess he missed all the Stealer sucking all year. "Most Dangerous Team". "No wants to play them".

O97G1_s-200x150.gif

From the article .... “No one gave us a chance,” Pro Bowl guard David DeCastro said. “All year we just kind of put our head down and went to work.

I guess he missed all the Stealer sucking all year. "Most Dangerous Team". "No wants to play them".

O97G1_s-200x150.gif

“All year we just kind of led with our heads"

Are they ever gonna flag Shazier for his flagrant fouls? Like someone pointed out in the game thread yesterday, the commentators were praising his hard-nosed style. He's going to seriously hurt someone at some point

And there's no way Ben was playing hurt. Total smokescreen. 

“All year we just kind of led with our heads"

Are they ever gonna flag Shazier for his flagrant fouls? Like someone pointed out in the game thread yesterday, the commentators were praising his hard-nosed style. He's going to seriously hurt someone at some point

And there's no way Ben was playing hurt. Total smokescreen. 

Better yet, he's gonna seriously hurt himself.Crossing fingers.

Archived