Completed TV Series to Binge

TimKrumrieFan

SOA I've got less than 1.5 seasons left. Kurt Sutter really ruined what could have been a legendary show with some really piss poor writing in the second half of the series. 

Really liked the series and Katey Sagal's magnificent MILF melons but when Jax would prance around in the baggy jeans and little white tennis shoes, it kind of lost something.

Surprised when I found that Jax/Charlie Hunnam was a Brit.

They have a Sons of Anarchy slot machine at Belterra.  Two of 'em.

Really liked the series and Katey Sagal's magnificent MILF melons but when Jax would prance around in the baggy jeans and little white tennis shoes, it kind of lost something.

Surprised when I found that Jax/Charlie Hunnam was a Brit.

They have a Sons of Anarchy slot machine at Belterra.  Two of 'em.

She was good, but this will sound kind of funny while it is a TV show...there was way too much truly unrealistic crap that happened, especially with her character. Constantly in the right place at the right time to cause some ridiculous drama. I actually felt like the first three seasons were very realistic for tv and truly awesome. Season 4 through 7 had a lot of eh moments that could have been done much better. Still a good show though.

The reason Jax wore the tennis shoes. After studying bikers out west the bikers made comment about sneakers being way better for riding than boots and a lot of them wore nikes instead. That is why they chose to go with those until I guess towards the end he switches to boots.

I knew Charlie was British, but you can only tell if you listen when he yells. When he yells his accent is slightly noticeable. 

• 2 weeks later...

The third season of Ripper Street was just added to Netflix.  I really liked the first two and this one was excellent as well.  The blond playing Long Susan is screaming hot and Swedish, not British.  Also, closure at the end of the series so we are not left hanging.  I am so hoping they add another (final?) season to Peaky Blinders.  Just added another season of the French version of The Returned.  Not a big fan of subtitles but this was an exception.

Just finished the binge of Foyle's War.  Brit detective on the WWII England home front dealing mostly with crimes related to the war.  Matches up what was happening in the war at that time with the plots.  Unique look at how the British viewed the war, etc. that we did not see (i.e. fear/paranoia of a German invasion at any time, they did NOT like Americans and it shows).  Each episode is an hour and a half and makes for an evening's entertainment.

Last season I tried to watch Better Call Saul on regular TV and simply could not get into it and wondered what everyone was raving about.  Now binging on season one with no commercials and its a little better.  Almost finished, may finish today (before the new Walking Dead tonight) and then decide about Saul and season two.  Will check out Club de Curveos ...yo.gif , Sois

New House of Cards available March 4.

Not binge but I have not looked forward to seeing a movie as much as The Witch in years.  Going next weekend after the opening weekend crowds die down.  I have not seen a bad review yet.

Agree on Better Call Saul ...it took 6 or so episodes to get good ...from the Mike episode on it's been solid. Not great, but solid.

Season 2 has started out slow as shit too. I still enjoy it, but it will never be like breaking bad IMO. But then again, should we hold it up to the standards of the best TV show ever created? Probably not. I still enjoy the show overall, just isn't breaking bad.

• 4 weeks later...

Not completed yet.. But the wife and I have really been enjoying Vikings. I started it as something to watch on my own/fall asleep to since, as a History Channel show I wasn;t expecting much. It thoroughly blew my expectations out of the water and so I brought my wife in on it. It has some exceptional elements, the cinematography is top notch and the writing/story lines are very well done. The first 3 seasons are on Hulu, the 4th is 20 episodes and currently airing, and it has been renewed for a 5th which is also 20 episodes (the first 3 are 10 ep long).

Archived