Chick Ludwig says Browns want to give 3rd round pick for McCarron

Since the Bengals have him locked up for 2 more years and not 1 ... I'd say the Browns have to give a 1st rounder, or a 2nd and 4th.

Hell, the Bengals could just hold on to McCarron next season and after Hue goes 4-12, he will be willing to give 2 first rounders for him to save his job ala Oakland.

We should definitely be willing to trade McCarron if the price is right. Question is whether we should ask for more from the Browns than we would from some other team like the Texans. I'd say yes to the second question as Mike Brown has a record of fleecing Hue. From Hue's point of view, he's looking to move Manziel to get rid of the headache and recoup something. Maybe he can get a 3rd from the Cowboys for Johnny Football. Cleveland is set at backup QB with journeymen McCown and Davis. They need a starter and apparently AJ is the one Hue covets. That would let the Browns use their top pick on Bosa, Tunsil, Hargreaves or whoever. 

I'm not convinced AJ would be a success in Cleveland (nobody else has been). I don't see him as a franchise QB. But his value is high now that he's been in high level games without wilting. So it's probably time to sell if we get a good offer. There isn't a QB controversy in Cincinnati with Dalton firmly entrenched as the starter when he's healthy. We can find a decent backup QB without too much trouble. The usual suspects are available in free agency again this year. Names like McCoy, Henne, etc. So I'd trade AJ for a good offer, at least a high 2nd and 3rd which is what KC gave SF for Alex Smith when they wanted to get rid of him. After wasting first round picks on Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel, Cleveland might be happy to take a young QB with some upside and use their firsts at other positions.

i think you raise a very good idea, here. for anyone else, yeah, you'd demand that 2nd round pick. with an intra-division trade that anti would have to go up, and a 2nd and 3rd would make for a legitimate asking price. i'd endorse that.

And this is why you draft a qb every year. If someone is willing to overpay for AJ, make the trade and repeat the cycle.

As for the Browns, you really need good comp if you believe AJ will help them.

I could see their 2nd for AJ and our 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make a great point.It sure seems like NE,the Packers,and maybe some others have done well drafting a QB despite having their starters already in place for years to come,then trading them away.

Having said that,I want AJ here after seeing him play vs the likes of Josh Johnson,etc.The kid has the "it" factor,something that stats can't quantify.

I'm changing my mind, too. Let's keep AJ here with a long-term contract. It's OK to have two good quarterbacks on a team. It may take some money away from other players, but it's worth it.

There's no way you can tie up that much cap at one position. You take advantage of AJ's rookie deal. You either deal him for better picks or at some point you pick between A and B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Bengals have no faith that he could soon surpass Andy, fucking trade him for a high pick, division or not. Some of you guys saycMarvin needs more balls and then you turn around and say ooh we cant ttafr within division. Send him packing for a second rounder.

Archived