Marvin Lewis Must Be Fired

Dude...we have threads discussing this very topic ad nauseam, we don't really need anyone starting a brand new one. 

Also, if you're gonna link articles, you might want to find something more legitimate than "The Game Haus." Looks like some 37-year old who lives in his mother's basement jotted down a bunch of frustrations, based on so much that has already been hashed out in the court of public opinion, grabbed himself a domain, and thought he'd start a revolution.

Welcome to the board. 

OK, Hotshot.

Since you are so informed about this, who would you think that the Bengals legitamately have feelers at?  And mind you that the potential new coach does have to answer to Mike Brown, who could easily go back to his own ways a la Jerry Jones.   Mind you,  we've been a legitimate football organization since actual football minds have take over, (in other words, Browns letting other people do the job), turning us from laughingstock to a trendy pick due to all the talent and the wins.

1. Marvin Lewis has the best winning % of any coach the Bengals have ever had.

2. Marvin Lewis is (by record) the best coach the Bengals have ever had.

3. Marvin Lewis just led the team to 12-4 and an AFC North title.

4. He deserves an extension before a firing.

5. Marvin Lewis has the team in the playoffs 5 years in a row, something only 2 other teams have done.

6. Marvin Lewis is one of the 5 best coaches in the entire NFL by almost any measure you want to use.

Does anyone really feel like if Andy was healthy, the Bengals would have crashed the Manning-Brady party? Neither of those teams really look deserving of a Super Bowl. 

Honestly I feel like if we had a healthy Andy their would have been no 4th quarter comeback. Dalton gets impatient and makes mistakes where it seems AJ stays cool as ice and that is what it takes to come back. Dalton has cracked under pressure every time in his Bengals career.

Honestly I feel like if we had a healthy Andy their would have been no 4th quarter comeback. Dalton gets impatient and makes mistakes where it seems AJ stays cool as ice and that is what it takes to come back. Dalton has cracked under pressure every time in his Bengals career.

False. 12 4th quarter comebacks say otherwise. Forget Baltimore and Seattle in this year alone? His 12 rank:

1 behind Wilson

Tie Cam Newton

2 ahead of Rodgers and Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad to see the irrational hate is still alive

If Andy stays healthy, the Bengals have a bye week as #1 or #2 seed and beat the Stealers or Chiefs handily.

Marvin has built the Bengals into a perennial playoff machine. He will break us through soon. I spent many years as a frustrated Cornhusker fan with Tom Osborne.Patience paid off with keeping him.3 national titles. The knock on Tom was like the knock on Marv. Couldn't win the big games.

1. Marvin Lewis has the best winning % of any coach the Bengals have ever had.

2. Marvin Lewis is (by record) the best coach the Bengals have ever had.

3. Marvin Lewis just led the team to 12-4 and an AFC North title.

4. He deserves an extension before a firing.

5. Marvin Lewis has the team in the playoffs 5 years in a row, something only 2 other teams have done.

6. Marvin Lewis is one of the 5 best coaches in the entire NFL by almost any measure you want to use.

look, I like Lewis and all but I'm getting to that point where his records and accomplishments don't mean shit anymore. We just went 12-4 but what does that mean? Going to the playoffs doesn't meant anything either anymore cause we've been there a many time and lose right away. We need to make noise once we are in the playoffs period BJ. This was our year of all the years that we made it. T wasn't Lewis's fault but at this point he's the leader.

I've gotten to the point where I'd just like to see Marvin and the organization step back and try to look at themselves objectively and ask, "what is it that we're doing wrong?" Someone posted that he is one of the top 5 Coaches in the league by almost any measure. That's true, but the area he lacks in is huge. The postseason, games with postseason implications, primetime games, and games against teams with winning records. The team is overqualified to kick the shit out of lesser teams, and good enough to go toe to toe, but somehow always lose the truly important games, to the league's elite. I don't have a better alternative plan, and I know Marvin didn't fumble that ball, throw that pick, miss that block, draw that flag, miss that field goal, stop short on his route, etc..... but he is the Head Coach and should shoulder the responsibility for the fact that this team has had a definite ceiling during his tenure.

Archived