MMA/UFC Talk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mcgregor was sent back to Earth and eventually, back to his real division. But to be fair, it is not everyday we get to see a champion of a certain division agree to a non-title match on a heavier weight class. He was scheduled to a superfight to begin with. Brilliant Jiu jitsu by Diaz. 

I didn't see the match, but that was pretty bold to go up against such a big guy on the fly.

Hell yeah and even more bold because twice now Diaz has refused to fight Conor at a lower weight. Conor didn't realize carrying the extra weight wouldn't allow him to have the endurance that he normally does. If he doesn't punch himself out in 7 minutes it probably would have went down as one of the greatest battles ever.

Conor will go back and destroy the 145 class some more. Hopefully go to 155 (where I think belongs) and then in time hopefully fight Diaz or another 170 pounder again. Who was the last guy to have the balls to jump around weight classes for fights, BJ Penn? Most of those guys are too big of pussies that would rather pick and choose fighters that give them the advantage. I love the I'll fight anyone mentality that Conor, Cowboy Cerrone, Diego Sanchez type of guys have.

Archived