AFC North Balance of Power unlikely to be swayed by FA

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/nfl-2016-team-financial-power-rankings-562/

The entire AFC North ranks in the bottom 3rd with the Bengals having the most flexibility with 30 mil with no carry over factored in and a projected cap of 154m.    Pittsburgh and Ravens are facing an offseason of restructure or cut.  

Browns will be cleaning house, I'm guessing.

Couple of guys going to fly the coup and get big contracts. Won't be players in the free agent market due to compensatory picks we may receive. Marvin and illoka would probably net third rounders. I expect them to be the top priorities though.

We've come a long way in retaining guys.  Used to be people couldn't want to GTFOH, now we have advocates like Housh telling guys "grass isn't greener."  I think they're able to keep the guys they want to keep.

I so wish they would hire Housh to help with the receivers.He would be the man.I love his passion and his killer instinct.

Want to piss Pittsburgh off and help our LB core a bit??  Release Maulauga and go and sign Lawence Timmons.   Obviously this is probably something that is never gonna happen, but it would be interesting to have Timmons,  Burfict, and P.J Dawson as our Linebackers for 2016.  You would have three LBs that practically do it all, with range and speed, and probably thanks to Timmons,  covering the TE wouldn't be such a sore spot, especially when it comes to the likes of Gronk,  Greg Olsen, and Travis Kelsey.

Again,  it's probably never gonna happen though, but it would be interesting at least.

I don't think we can pay Whit $8M and Rey is not worth $7M+

Andrew WhitworthLT35$8,000,000
Rey MaualugaILB30$7,137,500

Didn't Whit just sign that one year extension? Coming off another pro bowl season... I don't think he's going anywhere.

Rey is a different story though. Depending on his cap hit, I wouldn't be surprised if he were not here next season.

Didn't Whit just sign that one year extension? Coming off another pro bowl season... I don't think he's going anywhere.

Rey is a different story though. Depending on his cap hit, I wouldn't be surprised if he were not here next season.

2 year extension last year I believe, mostly to reward him for past service and being a team leader.

I'm still pissed about his 2 false starts in the opening qtr of our biggest game this season and if he moves on it's fine with me. Came time to step up and he was pretty average, that's not how you want my LT and O Capt to play.

He's been a great player but we have 2 tackles from last draft who can see the field for a lot less $ unless he restructures.

JMO...

2 year extension last year I believe, mostly to reward him for past service and being a team leader.

I'm still pissed about his 2 false starts in the opening qtr of our biggest game this season and if he moves on it's fine with me. Came time to step up and he was pretty average, that's not how you want my LT and O Capt to play.

He's been a great player but we have 2 tackles from last draft who can see the field for a lot less $ unless he restructures.

JMO...

No, it was a one year extension that happened after the Bengals drafted two tackles in the first two rounds... Anyway, I'm pretty certain that the Bengals don't share your feelings about Whit. 8 Mil is not a huge number for a tackle with Whits ability. And yes he is a great leader/locker room guy.

No, it was a one year extension that happened after the Bengals drafted two tackles in the first two rounds... Anyway, I'm pretty certain that the Bengals don't share your feelings about Whit. 8 Mil is not a huge number for a tackle with Whits ability. And yes he is a great leader/locker room guy.

He needs to show up penalty free in big games. That's a consistent issue with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs to show up penalty free in big games. That's a consistent issue with him.

He absolutely sucked the first 2 series, what if we score on one? It's a different game.

I am and have been a big Whit fan for years but fails like his in that game and others are why we are where we are in big games.

Let me be clear, I'd welcome Whit back with open arms for a reasonable price, say $10M for 2 years structured right.

Lets be serious, he's a pro bowl player, never All Pro.

Yeah I'm with you. I'd welcome and cheer him on also, but...and this is s huge but....He needs to lead by example. No false starts. No holding. It sends the wrong message to the rest of that line. "Shit whit isn't in control over there". They need to know he's doing the handling not being handled. They feed off that as a group.

You guys banging on Whit are insane. He gets a free pass from me on a couple false starts and holds here and there. He literally gives up zero sacks and consistently blanks opposing defenses best pass rushers. Oh yeah, and big locker room leader guy too.

You guys banging on Whit are insane. He gets a free pass from me on a couple false starts and holds here and there. He literally gives up zero sacks and consistently blanks opposing defenses best pass rushers. Oh yeah, and big locker room leader guy too.

I don't get it. It seems to be mainly that Jupiter guy... I was thinking florida, but it must be the planet because he clearly doesn't watch the games.

Must have one heck of an internet connection though.

Archived