VONTAZE BURFICT

Long before the Wild Card implosion against the Pittsburgh Stealers, Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict was considered a dirty player. After completely losing his cool and destroying Stealers wide receiver Antonio Brown with a vicious hit, he cemented himself as one the NFL’s dirtiest players. Burfict has been suspended for the first three games of the 2016 NFL season for his actions.

ADAM JONES

He might not go by the nickname anymore, but the Bengals' Wild Card playoff game against the Stealers proved “Pacman” is still alive and well. Adam Jones was called for a late unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that basically gave the game away to the Stealers. Additionally, Jones said after the game that concussed Stealers wide receiver Antonio Brown was faking his injury. He also smashed Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper's head against the ground earlier in the season. Jones is far from a class act.

DRE KIRKPATRICK

Another Bengals player who can’t seem to play a clean game is cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick actually led the Bengals in penalties with 13, with calls ranging from pass interference to taunting the opposition.

Quick google reference on dirty for comparison....

But Ward relishes his reputation for delivering knockout blows.

“The unfortunate thing is me being labeled that, and then the rule
change came out, so it’s kind of like me being singled out as the dirty
guy that’s in the league, a dirty offensive player,” Ward said.  “A wide
receiver being dirty — I take that as a compliment.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/24/hines-ward-has-no-plans-to-comply-with-the-rule-named-for-him/

Msnbc clickbait, nothing more. With the exception of Amari Cooper, what has Adam done to be considered dirty? He loses his cool too easily and thinks the world is out to get him, but I don't consider him dirty in the least. With Dre K, 13 PI penalties doesn't make you dirty, it just means you're not very good ...

Burfict is a dirty player by this NFL season's standards. He is a clean player compared to LBs before him.

Burfict's not dirty, the NFL is dirty.  He's not doing anything that other players don't routinely get away with over & over.  The only difference is that the league has decided to once again make an example out of a Bengal in an attempt to save face.  Current NFL is a joke & I hope he comes back even meaner while Goodell & his clown act get absolutely crucified by lawsuits.

Burfict's not dirty, the NFL is dirty.  He's not doing anything that other players don't routinely get away with over & over.  The only difference is that the league has decided to once again make an example out of a Bengal in an attempt to save face.  Current NFL is a joke & I hope he comes back even meaner while Goodell & his clown act get absolutely crucified by lawsuits.

No...the next rule from the laughable sect known as the "Competition Committee" will be no tackling while thinking about tackling. Stoppage of play will only come by mutual agreement. 

Next up for 2017: NFL Safe Places for Battered Wide Receivers.

I know you watched the NFL 10-20 years ago. Go back and watch some of the old games when they replay. No different.

Dirty players existed back then too.    Burfict is a dirty player regardless of era.    Twisting ankles.   Destroying his draft stock.   He's had head issues because he has targeted QBs.   Absolutely fucked the team in the playoff game at the end. 

To try to chalk this up as it would be considered normal in a different time is wrong.  

Who is the dirtiest player in the NFL?

Answer:  Who knows... he doesn't get caught.

Max Montoya was the master of deceit when he was here but stealthy about it.  He's the guy who "invented" spraying Pam (skillet non-stick spray) on the black uniform jerseys so the D linemen would slip off when they made contact.

As for Burfict... I like the guy just the way he is.  Adam Jones, too.  Don't fix what ain't broken however, being a bit less obvious would be nice.  I truly believe they are targeted by the refs.

Lets face i Vontage is a bully... and if he aint a steeler.. then its a bad thing.. the bengals are owning them on Defense and the haters are going to hate. I love his play, he was everywhere in that wild card game... I hope we don't change a thing

Archived