Rush Limbaugh and the Bengals…

I read an article today Rush Limbaugh wrote. He used the analogy of a Bengals-Stealers football game in it. 

Read below...

Well, Trump's not immune.  He hears it.  And even if he hadn't heard it he would have to know that they want to take him out; he's outside the game; he's breaking all the rules.  He's exposing so much as fraud that has gone on inside the American political process for so long they can't allow somebody like this to win and succeed.  It's quite natural they would want to take him out as well.  It's Bengals-Stealers time here, folks.  It's quite natural they'd want to take him out.  Well, he heard it.

Here comes Megyn Kelly's first question.  He didn't hear anybody else get a question like that.  He never sees Hillary Clinton get a question like that.  He never hears Bill Clinton or another Democrat get a question like that.  So he answers it and says screw this.  I'm not putting myself in that position again.  Why should I?  I don't have to. 

Notice Rush Limbaugh put Bengals first. The Bengals are getting a reputation for being a mean, mean team on defense. 

I am sure the Stealers are upset with the Bengals' new label. The Bengals are the bullies of the NFL, not the Stealers!

I don't even get what he's trying to go for in that analogy.

No respect.   Take the opposition out by any means.     If you have watched the all-22 of the recent Bengals/Stealers it's pretty accurate.  A lot of cheap shots or attempts from both sides.

I'm totally tired/upset of all of our professional politicians, special interest groups, super PACs, and political parties that could care less about Americans. They all only care about themselves. Pathetic.  The middle class is getting smaller and smaller and screwed. 

The new Hatfields and McCoys

On Tuesday, just like every day, I was listening to the Rush Limbaugh Show. Ole' Rusherini (I think that's what he calls himself) started talking about how badly the Republican Party bigwigs want Donald Trump out of the presidential race, because like any elite club, Limbaugh said, the GOP establishment hates and fears outsiders. Remember all of those fraternities you rushed in college? You know, the ones that said you seemed like a swell guy but told you not to bother coming back for a second visit? (Wait … maybe that was just me.)

Anyway, where was I? Right, Rush. Limbaugh was saying that the GOP elites didn't create Trump, they didn't finance Trump and they can't control Trump.

Then he said this:

"(Trump is) exposing so much fraud that has gone on inside the American political process for so long they can't allow somebody like this to win and succeed. It's quite natural they would want to take him out as well. It's Bengals-Stealers time here, folks."

Bengals-Stealers! As in, Hatfield-McCoy! Or Corleone-Barzini! You could have knocked me over with a feather, or one of those lame Terrible Towels. I guess "Bengals-Stealers" is now a national synonym for a blood feud.

If I'm going to be best here, part of me was proud when Limbaugh said this because I figured this whole feud was just a thing in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. And if we're going for completely completely honest here, and why not, the feud really was just a Cincinnati thing. Pittsburgh fans wouldn't stoop low enough to care about the Bengals.

That is, until this season, when Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict personally injured about half of the Stealers team.

So, goodbye, Hatfield-McCoy! You had a great, 150-year run as the nation's most famous feud, but apparently Bengals-Stealers just took over.

Oh … if we're going to be completely completely completely honest here … I didn't actually listen to Limbaugh's show. I don't even know if it's on in Cincinnati ( Editor's note: It is, from noon-3 p.m. on 550 WKRC). I was reading a story about Trump vs. the GOP somewhere else and I followed a linkto this transcript. But it is a great read.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/feature/5-things/2016/01/five-things-you-need-to-know-today-and-the-bengals.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The new Hatfields and McCoys

If I'm going to be best here, part of me was proud when Limbaugh said this because I figured this whole feud was just a thing in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. And if we're going for completely completely honest here, and why not, the feud really was just a Cincinnati thing. Pittsburgh fans wouldn't stoop low enough to care about the Bengals.

That is, until this season, when Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict personally injured about half of the Stealers team.

So, goodbye, Hatfield-McCoy! You had a great, 150-year run as the nation's most famous feud, but apparently Bengals-Stealers just took over.

Oh … if we're going to be completely completely completely honest here … I didn't actually listen to Limbaugh's show. I don't even know if it's on in Cincinnati ( Editor's note: It is, from noon-3 p.m. on 550 WKRC). I was reading a story about Trump vs. the GOP somewhere else and I followed a linkto this transcript. But it is a great read.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/feature/5-things/2016/01/five-things-you-need-to-know-today-and-the-bengals.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I absolutely love this part because it's true.   All of sudden Steeler fans with their supposed love for hard nose football and even the Steeler Organization have been crying after each of their games with the Bengals over physical football.  

I hope we send somebody after the kicker in the first game.  

Archived