Marvin Lewis on list of Coaches on the hot seat ...again

2. Marvin Lewis, Bengals

Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports

Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports

The Bengals are still waiting for their first playoff win under Lewis. It’s hard to see them waiting another year with how last year’s playoff exit went down. Cincinnati would have finally snagged that elusive postseason win if not for total lack of discipline. Some of that has to fall on the head coach. Lewis’ seat is particularly hot since a winning record won’t be enough for him to secure his job. The Bengals need to have some playoff success to justify a 15th year with Lewis at the helm.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/9-nfl-coaching-hot-seat-jeff-fisher-jason-garrett-dallas-cowboys-marvin-lewis-bengals

I wish they would fire Marvin and hire Tom Coughlin like they should have done in 2003. Coughlin has won 2 Super Bowls since then while Marvin is 0-7 in the playoffs. 

This years exit was proof positive that Marvin can't win the big games, his teams aren't disciplined enough to beat the best of the NFL. I'm ready to move on from Marvin and since he's a lame duck coach I say just get it over with and get Coughlin now instead of waiting until next year. 

I wish they would fire Marvin and hire Tom Coughlin like they should have done in 2003. Coughlin has won 2 Super Bowls since then while Marvin is 0-7 in the playoffs. 

This years exit was proof positive that Marvin can't win the big games, his teams aren't disciplined enough to beat the best of the NFL. I'm ready to move on from Marvin and since he's a lame duck coach I say just get it over with and get Coughlin now instead of waiting until next year. 

Toms getting up in years. I don't see him taking on another coaching job. As for Marvin. I don't see him going anywhere. He's actually a damn good coach . I Just hope next season the proverbial elusive "yes man" steps up when Lewis makes bad under pressure in game decisions .We all know when it's coming. Watch the tape (poker players call it his tell).He squats, than puts both hands on his knees. Than rapidly adjusts than readjusts his head gear. That's when I know something bad....Real bad is about to happen and he morphs into Marty Schottenheimer .And that's when "Mr yes man" needs to step in a say, hey coach maybe we should try this. Every captain needs a 2nd in command. not just a boat load of yes men to right a ship. That playoff game was a battle of the ironclads. Someone needed to tell Lewis we'd won (take a knee) and to get the hell out of there ,but he kept firing.

Archived