Jeb! Drops out

oldschooler

It's really a moot point. Flying the flag is not racist for me and it's close-minded to think that the personal motivations for everyone who wears it is anti-black. It's another collectivist lie.  We could have an argument about it another time. 

Your language is hilarious... collectivist.

Anyway, anyone who flies it knowing what is stands for and why the South fought simply continues those beliefs.

WTF are you talking about? The guy wearing it said "a non-white majority America would simply cease to be America".  

Quit trying to play crass bigotry off as some form of rugged individualism.  This is that phony libertarian shell game I was referring to in action.. They didn't oppose desegregation because they were racists, oh no, they were just against federal regulation.  Dafuk outta here with that nonsense.  If you're so anti-federal why are you voting in the first place?

Yeah, bullshit.  You don't get to decide that a 150 year old symbol of hate & treason means something different because of your feels.  "Oh well to me burning crosses symbolize my commitment to recycling so nobody should be offended by it"  More of that self-absorbed "libertarian" apologist noise. What's the ideal world for you folks, Lord of the Flies only with more khaki pants?

So, because Libertarians opposed ending segregation in the past, that means I would be in lockstep with their ideas from the 60s and makes me a racist bigot? Even an idiot can see the government wrote the racist Jim Crow segregation laws.  False equivalency argument to compare me to the 60s racists. Don't make me compare you or your fellow Denocrats to the Dixiecrats or LBJ. 

"I'll have those niggers voting democrat for the next 200 years." Lyndon B Johnson 

Your angry argument is palatable and completely illogical

As for why I vote, I think that reform is needed in the federal government (personel-wise and policy-wise) and that the increased spending on federal programs and wars have been wasteful and counter-productive. Not to mention the deficit and currency devaluation.

No the rebel flag is not, the civil war was not a fight over centralized authoritarian governments, it was a fight for the right to own slaves.

Which leads me to the million dollar question? Who came up with the number 13 being a bad luck number the kkk? From what I can see it's a wonderful number. The 13th amendment freed the slaves.

WTF are you talking about? The guy wearing it said "a non-white majority America would simply cease to be America".  

Quit trying to play crass bigotry off as some form of rugged individualism.  This is that phony libertarian shell game I was referring to in action.. They didn't oppose desegregation because they were racists, oh no, they were just against federal regulation.  Dafuk outta here with that nonsense.  If you're so anti-federal why are you voting in the first place?

Yeah, bullshit.  You don't get to decide that a 150 year old symbol of hate & treason means something different because of your feels.  "Oh well to me burning crosses symbolize my commitment to recycling so nobody should be offended by it"  More of that self-absorbed "libertarian" apologist noise. What's the ideal world for you folks, Lord of the Flies only with more khaki pants?

Still haven't explained all that ridiculous equation of my libertarian-leaning beliefs with supposed racism from the 60s, with no sources of information related to racist libertarians. Aryn Rand (libertarian pioneer) railed against racism and bigotry in her 1963 book "Racism". 

As far as the flag, I don't get to decide what it "means" except as my own personal interpretation of freedom from governmental tyranny and resistance to this whole political correctness thug gang. But, I should have the freedom to wear or fly it just as a black person should be free to wear a black panther uniform. People can be offended, but you can't possibly start legislation to prevent everyone from being offended. Offense is an objective term. Inforcing your morality on the populace is what I don't understand about Democrats and Republicans these days. I have no problem with gays marrying under state tax regulations or as a private contract. I also don't get why "liberal" Democrats are running around with a giant stick up their collective "moral high ground" wanting to ban words, flags and "cultural appropriation". My "feels" about the flag are just as valid as a black person's "feels" about the flag. That's called equality. Sure you can wax eloquent about history but A) I was born in 1991, long after MLK and slavery. B) You can't ban historical symbols based on subjective reasoning. Ban any pictures of Andrew Jackson? He was a sociopathic racist who murdered Indians. 

Louis Farrakhan can denounce the "white devil". It's his freedom of speech, even "hate speech". Funny how he goes to the white house and is friends with the Obama's. But, we must illegalize the rebel flag...? Hypocrisy. 

The rebel flag never flew over a slave ship. The American flag did. Should we ban that too? Can we just ban everything from our history that offends anyone? What about the  USSR flag? Stalin murdered millions of people in Soviet Russia. Any eastern European immigrant is going to be offended. Oh wait, no. They're white, doesn't matter ?

Monuments to American revolutionaries, ban them! They were slave owners. Hell, James Madison referred to Blacks as "an unfortunate race". You don't think the movie Revenant wasn't offensive to Indian Americans? Oh, but those groups aren't as big a population of minorities as blacks. Ok, so you guys haven't read Animal Farm. "All animals are equal." "Some animals are more equal than others." 

The rules of your never-ending neo-liberal supposed "fight against racism, sexism, xenophobia, rape culture, white supremacy, etc." keep changing. Now, it's trigger warnings and micro-aggressions. Cultural Marxism. Keep banning and socially stigmatizing everything. Free speech and the exchange of ideas be damned. It's the communist playbook being unraveled right in front of you. Just join your comrades in lockstep and don't question what they tell you about the civil war, don't harbor any ideas of seccession and just shut up and be docile.  

Did you just compare the black panthers to men who fought to own people as property?

wow

Also neo-liberal is an economic position it doesnt have anything to do with "fight against racism, sexism, xenophobia, rape culture, white supremacy, etc."

In fact as a Libertarian you are closer to being a neo-liberal than anyone else. 

You dont get to just make up meanings of things be it flags or whole words, especially when they already have meaning, and claim them as your own.

Back in 1975 I remember the pet rock craze. Gary Dahl(inventor) said the reason he was successful was. Americans needed a good laugh . Vietnam, civil rights and government corruption. The timing was perfect. Trump is this periods pet rock candidate or possibly pet rock president. Only time will tell. I'm sure some one plagiarize this paragraph in a few days or maybe even minutes ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aryn Rand (libertarian pioneer) railed against racism and bigotry in her 1963 book "Racism". 

Ayn* Rand denounced libertarianism as a form of anarchy;

“libertarian hippies, who subordinate reason to whims, and substitute anarchism for capitalism"

“libertarians are tying capitalism to the whim-worshipping subjectivism and chaos of anarchy"

& obviously hated hippies, because caring about anyone other than yourself is one of the most terrible things a person can do in her twisted philosophy.

She still had no problem collecting Social Security, so she was like a libertarian in that respect, suckling at the federal teat whenever it benefits them personally.  And then blaming immigrants or the poor when the teat runs dry. "OMG why can't they take care of themselves?!"

Modern libertarianism is self-delusional bullshit.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

? I've never read Atlas Shrugged but my friend recommended it (he's a democrat) About to read Decision Points (to see how or if Dubya was naive, stupid, evil or all three) and Liberty, Market and State: Political Economy and the 1980s. 

Ayn* Rand denounced libertarianism as a form of anarchy;

“libertarian hippies, who subordinate reason to whims, and substitute anarchism for capitalism"

“libertarians are tying capitalism to the whim-worshipping subjectivism and chaos of anarchy"

& obviously hated hippies, because caring about anyone other than yourself is one of the most terrible things a person can do in her twisted philosophy.

She still had no problem collecting Social Security, so she was like a libertarian in that respect, suckling at the federal teat whenever it benefits them personally.  And then blaming immigrants or the poor when the teat runs dry. "OMG why can't they take care of themselves?!"

Modern libertarianism is self-delusional bullshit.

I've never read a Ayn Rand writing other than a couple of excerpts from Racism. Social security is bs and always has been. Goddamnit FDR. 

Modern libertarianism is the answer to the terribly counterproductive keynesian economic policies of the past 3 administrations. 

I've never read a Ayn Rand writing other than a couple of excerpts from Racism. Social security is bs and always has been. Goddamnit FDR. 

Modern libertarianism is the answer to the terribly counterproductive keynesian economic policies of the past 3 administrations. 

:24:

You dropped the "allegedly" from the headline.  You know, like "Trayvon Martin allegedly attacked George Zimmerman."  "Officer Mehserle allegedly thought his semiautomatic pistol was a plastic TASER when he shot Oscar Brown."  "Tamir Rice allegedly reached for a gun in his waistband." 

Should I keep going?

“I believe that I should get the same type of protection as other people in this country,” Marquez the decorated Marine veteran said. “We all know that if this were the other way around, it would be considered a hate crime automatically.”

The same type of protection where allegedly isn't enough for a prosecutor to charge someone with a hate crime. It's enough for a cop to shoot a black kid a dozen times, but we're talking about charging someone with a felony with no evidence at all  & his "we all know" editorializing doesn't help his story.

Bullshit anecdote aside, did you have a fucking point with this?

You dropped the "allegedly" from the headline.  You know, like "Trayvon Martin allegedly attacked George Zimmerman."  "Officer Mehserle allegedly thought his semiautomatic pistol was a plastic TASER when he shot Oscar Brown."  "Tamir Rice allegedly reached for a gun in his waistband." 

Should I keep going?

The same type of protection where allegedly isn't enough for a prosecutor to charge someone with a hate crime. It's enough for a cop to shoot a black kid a dozen times, but we're talking about charging someone with a felony with no evidence at all  & his "we all know" editorializing doesn't help his story.

Bullshit anecdote aside, did you have a fucking point with this?

Allegedly. But, it's on videotape. The McDonalds security cameras have it. 

Just the double standard when reporting hate crimes in this country. 

Allegedly. But, it's on videotape. The McDonalds security cameras have it. 

They have a fight, which is why they charged someone with assault.  Can you give me one example of someone punching a black person & being convicted of a hate crime based entirely on their say-so?  There is no double standard.

Well, there is a double-standard; ask George Zimmerman.  And you're in here trying to justify it with your bullshit.

They have a fight, which is why they charged someone with assault.  Can you give me one example of someone punching a black person & being convicted of a hate crime based entirely on their say-so?  There is no double standard.

Well, there is a double-standard; ask George Zimmerman.  And you're in here trying to justify it with your bullshit.

THERE WAS NO "FIGHT". He got hit on the side of the head from behind, completely blind. Knocked out and robbed by 6 black teenagers who came up to his table at a mcdonalds and started harassing him asking him "Do black lives matter?" When he ignored them, they started calling him a racist. As he was leaving the store they jumped his ass. Pure hate crime as the precedent has been set. 

But hey, maybe I'm a racist white who is just justifying all this cop brutality that is "sweeping" the nation. Right? How about you take the word of two black who see this whole movement for what it is. A George Soros-funded SHAM 

http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/11/crime-expert-releases-shocking-new-statistics-about-black-men-killed-by-cops/

WHAT'S TRUE: Marine veteran Christopher Marquez was involved in an altercation with at a Washington, D. C.-area McDonald's, and the parties involved remain unidentified.

WHAT'S FALSE: The teens involved have been identified as Black Lives Matter activists and are sought in connection with a "previous incident."

Police in Washington, D.C. told us that there was no evidence of a link between the dispute and Black Lives Matter activism, nor did any police reports suggest the teens were already wanted for a "previous incident."

http://www.snopes.com/marine-attack-blm-claim/

THERE WAS NO "FIGHT". He got hit on the side of the head from behind, completely blind. Knocked out and robbed by 6 black teenagers who came up to his table at a mcdonalds and started harassing him asking him "Do black lives matter?" When he ignored them, they started calling him a racist. As he was leaving the store they jumped his ass. Pure hate crime as the precedent has been set.

The first sentence is the only part of that you know (maybe) and the only part that can be proven in a court of law.  Again, charged with assault.  Which, you might be interested to know, will likely come with a stiffer sentence than if it were prosecuted as a hate crime.  You might also want to look up how rarely anyone is convicted of a hate crime, even in cases that are much worse than this.  Which is, let's be honest, practically all of them.

But hey, maybe I'm a racist white who is just justifying all this cop brutality that is "sweeping" the nation. Right? How about you take the word of two black who see this whole movement for what it is. A George Soros-funded SHAM 

Very nice, another move straight out of the "I'm not racist but.." playbook.  Congratulations, you found a black person that agrees with you..  So what? Does that make them the Official Black America Spokesman in your mind? Yeesh.

Do I really need to explain to you the difference between generations of our statistically proven racially-biased justice system and some anecdotal story of DECORATED MARINE VETERAN ATTACKED BY VICIOUS THUGS!!!!!11

Dafuk outta here with this nonsense.

Archived