Oh no, ...Andy Dalton and Advocare?

Not a Trump fan.  But I saw an interview with him some years ago in which, after being asked if there was a business he wished he'd have gotten into, Trump said he wished he'd started a network marketing company.

I don't like running into friends who are into MLM, because they're usually going to hit you up.  They eat you up for a few minutes, making you feel like running into you absolutely made their day.  Then...the pitch.  It invalidates any good will that may have been generated by the conversation that just ended, because you then realize it was nothing more than butter-me-up bullshit.

I've had it happen with a phone card salesman, an air purifier salesman, a life insurance salesman (okay, not MLM, but same phony enthusiasm), a nutritional powder salesman, a nutritional drink salesman, a skin care products salesman, and a gas card salesman.  There may have been more over the years, but those are off the top of my head.  Other than the life insurance and the nutritional drink (Zija), the rest have one thing in common:  not a damned one of them is still in business today.  People who tarnished our relationships in an effort to get me into a pyramid, have abandoned those products that one simply could not do without out a few years ago.  Oh, and did I mention they're a Christian-based company, who only want to help people?

While AdvoCare doesn't broadcast its religious side to the public -- Levy says it is a secular company -- former distributors say Christianity permeates the culture. The company's sacred text, Ragus' "Guiding Principles," opens with the admonition: "Honor God through our faith, family and friends." Several distributors say AdvoCare thrives inside churches, where pre-existing networks make it easier for distributors to preach the good news of multilevel marketing. 

No better place for a pyramid scheme that a far far bigger pyramid scheme.... 

andy daltons career is a pyramid scheme.

he has been getting rich of everyone elses hard work and talent for years now.

its a perfect fit.

Unless you own your own company, you are already in a "pyramid scheme", and if you do, you are simply on top of the pyramid.

omg get real. you know damn well the level and specifics of the pyramid scheme generalities being talked about here.

In the sense that you must have hammered a few into yours if you believe that nonsense  :P

Once had a roommate into that phone card mess.  That was one of the least annoying things about him.

nothing said there was incorrect.

omg get real. you know damn well the level and specifics of the pyramid scheme generalities being talked about here.

nothing said there was incorrect.

Go, like usual, you have zero idea what you're talking about.  Network Marketing is a 186 Billion dollar industry and pays out a little more than half of that to distributors who market the products being sold.  It has created more millionaires since 1972, than any Industry except Real Estate, and allows people to start a business, with all of the tax benefits of any other business, for generally less than 1000 bucks.  The average distributor that works his business for 3-4 years, will develop an income of 2-4 thousand a month, part time.  Like any other industry, there are unscrupulous characters, but 95% of all companies are above board and provide an above average compensation plan compared to sales compensation in traditional sales organizations.  It is not a GET RICH QUICK SCHEME and anyone who tells you that, is full of shit, but it is a solid and proven way to either supplement or, if you're willing to work hard enough, replace your income and acquire time freedom.  But just like everything worthwhile, you will have to do some work.  Success and Money only come before work in the dictionary!  And yes, I am a Network Marketing Professional.

Go, like usual, you have zero idea what you're talking about.  Network Marketing is a 186 Billion dollar industry and pays out a little more than half of that to distributors who market the products being sold.  It has created more millionaires since 1972, than any Industry except Real Estate, and allows people to start a business, with all of the tax benefits of any other business, for generally less than 1000 bucks.  The average distributor that works his business for 3-4 years, will develop an income of 2-4 thousand a month, part time.  Like any other industry, there are unscrupulous characters, but 95% of all companies are above board and provide an above average compensation plan compared to sales compensation in traditional sales organizations.  It is not a GET RICH QUICK SCHEME and anyone who tells you that, is full of shit, but it is a solid and proven way to either supplement or, if you're willing to work hard enough, replace your income and acquire time freedom.  But just like everything worthwhile, you will have to do some work.  Success and Money only come before work in the dictionary!  And yes, I am a Network Marketing Professional.

I have to agree that the vast majority of network marketing companies are legit.  It doesn't change the fact that many are wildly annoying.  I think it's how some of these folks stop seeing you as a friend or acquaintance, but only as a potential customer.  

I have to agree that the vast majority of network marketing companies are legit.  It doesn't change the fact that many are wildly annoying.  I think it's how some of these folks stop seeing you as a friend or acquaintance, but only as a potential customer.  

100% agree. 

Its a great way to make a little extra money and alienate everyone who previously liked you. 

I used to do door-to-door sales. I quickly learned that any offer of lemonade was someone who was going to try and sell me Amway.

And a few years ago when I was doing P90X, the pressure from that company to become a "coach" was ridiculous. 

http://www.amazon.com/AdvoCare-Advocare-24-Day-Challenge/product-reviews/B007R6ZUFU

43% 1 star reviews. This is what Andy's going to be flogging to his teammates. Caffeine drinks and "herbal cleanses".

That's the old Amway mentality.  I don't badger not do I teach anyone to badger people.  I do tell people what I do, but I have no desire to keep bothering you if you're not interested.  As my one partner said, you don't want to be the golfer, hitting the ball and then having to drag your partner down the fairway.  Or as my dad used to say,you can't push a rope!

Anybody living that #thrivelife?

I hear you will get a mercedes if you sell their bullshit!

I'm gonna get off here and start #thriving by watching netflix all day and hoping people reply to my facebook posts about #thriving

I feel such embarrassment for people when I see them start pushing these products on facebook.

I own my own legit businesses, I post about my businesses maybe twice a month on facebook. 

The article is too long to post here but, ...yep, ...he and Drew Brees are selling supplemental hope in the form of direct marketing (i.e. MLM) to the masses.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14972197/questions-surround-advocare-nutrition-empire-endorsed-saints-qb-drew-brees

from the article

By 2013, Chavez had spent three years trying to build an AdvoCare business. He had taken out a loan on his 401(k) and quit his government job, dropping $15,000 on products that he struggled to sell. He had hosted innumerable parties in his living room, handing out samples to reluctant attendees, and printed business cards with Brees' face on them. He barely broke even -- but he kept at it, convinced that someday he would be the one on AdvoCare's stage.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Archived